Return back to Thailand Question.

I am on "NON-O" (Extension of stay). Valid till July 2022.

Soon I will be leaving Thailand for a month or so. I have

been vaccinated twice and will apply for a International Covid 

Certificate before I leave Thailand.

My question is this. It it true when I return back to Thailand I need

to get an Health Insurance Policy as reported in the press recently.

Your kind advice is much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need the $50,000 (previously $100,000) covid 19 insurance when you enter the country valid to the day your current extension of stay is valid.

I thought that was for those on O-A visas ? Is it all visas now ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

what happens if you just renewed your retirement extension last week and have  have medical insurance in Thailand thru Blue Cross, Maxima Plan (Covers Covid)and it expires in December 2021 and you do a trip outside of Thailand in November, but come back before December, would they consider you to have proper insurance?

Sorry to Hijack your post. But still on the same subject. Having all necessary requirements to re-enter, including the  $50,000 insurance until reapplying for next 12 month extension, what happens then ? Am I correct in assuming no further insurance required ? Back to how it was prior to departing LOS. 

38 minutes ago, dsj said:

what happens if you just renewed your retirement extension last week and have  have medical insurance in Thailand thru Blue Cross, Maxima Plan (Covers Covid)and it expires in December 2021 and you do a trip outside of Thailand in November, but come back before December, would they consider you to have proper insurance?

Anxiously awaiting UbonJoe's answer.  And if I may ask him to, it would help a multitude of vets if he could include whether or not the govt accepts TriCare for Life that has no dollar limit.

Be aware that you not only have to clear the Thailand rules to return but the airline that you fly on and the city that you may transit in also has rules and they change constantly! When I left Thailand last month my vaccination certificate was ok but then I got an email from the airline that said that to return on their plane I had to be vaccinated in the country that I was visiting. the USA and that it had to be 14 days from the final dose. New rules from the transit country. My Thai Vaccine certificate was no longer acceptable! Not easy to travel these days!

23 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Be aware that you not only have to clear the Thailand rules to return but the airline that you fly on and the city that you may transit in also has rules and they change constantly! When I left Thailand last month my vaccination certificate was ok but then I got an email from the airline that said that to return on their plane I had to be vaccinated in the country that I was visiting. the USA and that it had to be 14 days from the final dose. New rules from the transit country. My Thai Vaccine certificate was no longer acceptable! Not easy to travel these days!

Thank you-I THINK that will not be a problem with the UK-I think!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need the $50,000 (previously $100,000) covid 19 insurance when you enter the country valid to the day your current extension of stay is valid.

Are you sure that the insurance is limited to COVID only, or we are talking here about a general health insurance?

5 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Are you sure that the insurance is limited to COVID only, or we are talking here about a general health insurance?

I thought the $50000 covid insurance could be from any company but saw this yesterday from CAAT which states it must be from a Thai company

Screenshot_20211024-124037_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, cnx1204 said:

Anxiously awaiting UbonJoe's answer.  And if I may ask him to, it would help a multitude of vets if he could include whether or not the govt accepts TriCare for Life that has no dollar limit.

You can use it to apply for a OA visa or to meet the covid 19 insurance requirements it you can show proof of it covers the new insurance requirements.

2 minutes ago, AliG said:

I thought the $50000 covid insurance could be from any company but saw this yesterday from CAAT which states it must be from a Thai company

Screenshot_20211024-124037_Facebook.jpg

I am talking abut a return trip from Bangkok to the UK. There are different rules if you exit and return within 21 days. I have a  non O visa valid till Sept  2022

18 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

It depends upon the info you read. Some say covid 19 health insurance coverage.

I think it means only covid 19 insurance for covid 19 treatment.

Looking at the TGIA covid site it has not been changed yet to show the $50,000 requirement.

14 minutes ago, AliG said:

I am not sure the CAAT is the best source of info at this time. Best to go by what it states on Thai embassy and official consulates have a Thailand Pass issued.

2 hours ago, konaboy said:

I was vaccinated in USA (Physer sp?) and received a card from the hospital I used to access Thailand last June. How do I get a passport for vaccine here ?

You need to get a certificate with a QR code on it.  If your health care provider uses MYCHART you can get it through that app. I was able to use that app to access my vaccine certificate which was through the county health department. The app has a search function which searches all public records and actually found mine! Then there is a button which prints a QR code. It only took me several days to figure this out! These strict requirements were because I was transiting in Singapore. Maybe other  airlines are not as strict? However a friend recently flew to LAX to catch a flight to Lima and was refused boarding because his PCR test was not exactly what that airline required. After a day he got it and was allowed on. But cost him a hotel in Los Angeles for a night along with a shortened trip. Nothing Easy these days!

• Thanks 1

I am still awaiting  an answer to a previous question. I wish to travel from Thailand to the UK and return from the UK within the 21 days limit. At the moment the only information given is that I do not need quarantine. I have a non-O visa valid till September 2022. Do I need insurance, covid/ normal , health pass. In other words what are the hoops I have to go through? As I am 83 years old insurance will be a problem. Thank you in advance.