To Vax or not to Vax

I plan to return to Thailand in December. Haven't applied for eVisa nor COE yet but will do soon.

I emailed the Thai embassy in London about a month ago asking if it is possible to travel there having not been vaccinated and at the time they said it is. I don't plan to get the vaccine, which is a discussion for another time on another thread, but anyway I am under the impression that when the new laws come into effect in November, I will have to do ten days quarantine for travelling to Bangkok, where people who have been jabbed will likely only do one day. 

I don't mind the time nor the expense of the quarantine, but is anyone hearing anything to the contrary, regarding the new rules?

Thank you

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Edward Abbott said:

I don't mind the time nor the expense of the quarantine, but is anyone hearing anything to the contrary, regarding the new rules?

Nope. Its very much confirmed that you will need to do 10 days of actual quarantine and I believe 2 covid tests. 

Much of the actual procedure to actually get to Thailand and all the paperwork is identical. 

I have just removed 16 off topic posts and replies to them. If you want to discuss the pro or cons of getting vaccinated there are many other forums with topics about it. Any additional similar posts will be removed without notice.

OP you will have to do 10 days of quarantine at a AQ hotel and have 2 negative covid 19 tests. One when your arrive and another one the day before you are allowed to leave quarantine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, banglay said:

I think over the coming weeks/months/years as Thailand opens up it's borders  anyone who has not been vaxx'ed will be treated as a second class person  and even feared ... and this will only get  worse as the infection rate starts  increasing (which is happening again  worldwide even in countries that have a high vax rate %%) ..Remember Khun Thai can be very paranoid and vent there anger quickly and as a un vaxx'ed farang you would be a target for sure  and treated as a modern day Leper 

Not sure the Thai authorities will fanny about with worrying about whether your civil rights are being impinged or not they'll just say No vax No entry and who can blame them ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, connda said:

So the OP's title doesn't match the OP's post, which I imagine is creating a load of confusion.  Perhaps the OP's title needs to be edited to reflect the true nature of the post?

All they have to is to read the OP before posting instead of just the topic title. That happens all the time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, connda said:

Just an observation. 
The title of the OP is To Vax or Not To Vax which is an open invitation to comment.
However, the OP post is about quarantine rules.

I see your point, but in all fairness, he did also say that he doesn't plan on getting vaccinated, which was a discussion for another time, on another thread.

13 hours ago, Edward Abbott said:

I don't plan to get the vaccine, which is a discussion for another time on another thread

I like this antivaxxer, at least unlike some others he accepts the drawbacks of not being vaccinated. 

He does not moan like a lil girl for being treated differently then those that are vaccinated. Wish most antivaxxers were like that and accept extra rules for them. 

I think this will happen all over the world rules for vaxed and non vaxxed. I hope that this convinces enough people to get vaccinated. But one has to admire people who throw away a few 1000$ for their beliefs, instead of those moaning all the time about it.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

I like this antivaxxer, at least unlike some others he accepts the drawbacks of not being vaccinated. 

He does not moan like a lil girl for being treated differently then those that are vaccinated. Wish most antivaxxers were like that and accept extra rules for them. 

I think this will happen all over the world rules for vaxed and non vaxxed. I hope that this convinces enough people to get vaccinated. But one has to admire people who throw away a few 1000$ for their beliefs, instead of those moaning all the time about it.

I have every sympathy for anyone who cant get vaccinated for medical reasons and dispensation should certainly be considered on submission of proof but the OP seems to be in the wont category not the cant category so no vax no entry i'm afraid   

27 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

I have every sympathy for anyone who cant get vaccinated for medical reasons and dispensation should certainly be considered on submission of proof but the OP seems to be in the wont category not the cant category so no vax no entry i'm afraid   

Why dispensation if you can't get vaxxed ?

I mean if you do that then quarantine is just punishment for antivaxxers not a way of preventing the import of the virus. I don't logically see how one can give dispensation to people who can't be vaxxed. 

I have sympathy for them (a lot) but you can't treat them different rule wise then antivaxxers otherwise one could argue the rules are just there to hurt antivaxxers.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Why dispensation if you can't get vaxxed ?

I mean if you do that then quarantine is just punishment for antivaxxers not a way of preventing the import of the virus. I don't logically see how one can give dispensation to people who can't be vaxxed. 

I have sympathy for them (a lot) but you can't treat them different rule wise then antivaxxers otherwise one could argue the rules are just there to hurt antivaxxers.

i'm not a medical professional but from what i have gleaned even fully vaccinated people can catch and pass on covid 19 (less chance of severe symptoms and less infectious) so the point of quarantine is to mitigate the import and  spread of the virus as much as possible, I also believe people who are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons will be doing everything in their power not to become infected like most reasonable people as opposed to the antivaxxers who just dont care so a bit of punishment is fine by me  

• Like 1