Thailand’s IKEA Bang Yai transforms into a circular shop

webfact

This-IKEA-Store-in-Thailand-Has-Transformed-Into-A-Circular-Shop-735x551.jpg

by Gregers Møller 

As part of the Swedish furniture giant IKEA’s global effort to become a more sustainable business, IKEA Bang Yai in Thailand has been turned into a circular store.

According to Greenqueen, IKEA Bang Yai is the first outlet in Thailand to adopt IKEA’s global Circular Store concept and here customers can shop second-hand furniture, bring their preloved items in for resale, and earn points by sorting and recycling their waste for collection.

Ikano Private Limited which operates IKEA Thailand, IKEA Singapore and IKEA Malaysia have already been adopting new strategies to lower its waste, but customers are now seeking even more circular options, the company says. Besides being able to buy used IKEA furniture at a discounted price, customers can also sell their own preloved home furnishings and bring recyclable waste for drop off at the recycling center.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/thailands-ikea-bang-yai-transforms-into-a-circular-shop/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2021-10-27

2 hours ago, cmarshall said:

They force you to march by all of their products just to get the spatula you came for.

A spatula is probably not their highest selling item and therefore low down in the prime real estate allocation priority list!

2 hours ago, fangless said:

A spatula is probably not their highest selling item and therefore low down in the prime real estate allocation priority list!

Sure not a highest selling Item but they are pretty pricy for a few of the Spatula sets at a little over 1k baht.  I actually had a laugh when I saw them and wondered how a spatula set could cost so much.  Well they are made of silicone, wont melt and if damaged have a warranty on them....lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sure not a highest selling Item but they are pretty pricy for a few of the Spatula sets at a little over 1k baht.  I actually had a laugh when I saw them and wondered how a spatula set could cost so much.  Well they are made of silicone, wont melt and if damaged have a warranty on them....lol

DAISO silicone spatula for 60 baht...but without warranty

• Thanks 1