Businesses in Thailand urge government to reverse alcohol ban

webfact

5 hours ago, tonypattaya said:

Anyone going to Iran must be "out of their minds" already!

Oops I guess you should have a try ….beautiful country and, as mentioned, other countries have other perks than booze and sex. Hence my comment about tourism having to take another direction in Thailand if this ban goes on but it won’t attract anyone anytime soon  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We are not experiencing 'a night out' without alcohol. Not just one night out but hundreds of nights and days! Without the release of a social drink or getting blind drunk! The ban is not for one single night but months. It's a disgrace imposes by a shameless leadership

I was not restricting to one night ???? but as mentioned I don’t need to drink to enjoy ….trust me I am wild ( in a nice way ) when partying 

4 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

I understand what you're saying but honestly that reply doesn't address my post. 

Personally I wouldn't want to support a country such as Iran with my tourist dollar spending no matter what kind of comfort and facilities they offer.

Hanging gay people for being gay, stoning people for adultery,   cutting off limbs as punishment is unacceptable to me no matter what.    That's not a custom or country I want to support

Honestly that's a completely valid reason because those policies are beyond abhorrent (I mean, I left the US because of what the right is doing to women, minorities and the GLBT communities).

It's a shame because the citizens, who largely disagree with the government and their policies, are the ones who suffer.  But I get it.

I just hope that you treat all countries with human / civil rights issues the same way

Edited by phills2k1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Pierre Hanot said:

Real  legitimate leaders would fear real next elections.. 

Not here. Understanding the systematic and traditional cycles might help before suggesting any such presumptions. 

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Hypothetically, what if every alcohol serving business and everyone that enjoys social drinking were to resist and challenge this current and rather silly temperance imposed restrictions? 

Where have you been hiding, go to any of the Bangkok bars and you can get a drink (beer etc), you wonder who is hurting the most? it's not only the bars but also their "protectors" .  

1 minute ago, kennw said:

Where have you been hiding, go to any of the Bangkok bars and you can get a drink (beer etc), you wonder who is hurting the most? it's not only the bars but also their "protectors" .  

What I do know is that this so call alcohol ban has been largely ignored upcountry [for a few months] where such really isn't an issue. Life and business carries on as usual. 

4 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

There’s no need for alcohol and girls to be on offer in Thailand, as most farang come here for the culture and the temples.

Well yes, but as the temples close their gates at sunset, and most cultural activities finish before the evening meal having a few beers in company does help pass the time until morning - then it is full steam ahead on the temple and cultural route of course!

19 hours ago, rumeaug said:

and meanwhile in  France, Spain etc...(everyone) drinking happilly and partying as usual . Santé! 

Not quite as usual....... some mask wearing, vaccination proof and distancing going on. 

20 hours ago, jobsworth said:

Alcohol was not invented. It was discovered. As a fruit falls from a tree if it is not consumed it will be infected by yeast which contains an enzyme that converts sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide. It is a completely natural process and it is hard to understand what the fuss is all about,

That's what happens when humor is over analyzed.

Looking forward to the thread on the political correctness (or otherwise) of blonde jokes.  The mantra being that not only are they sexist and misogynistic, but also racist and exclusive towards non-blondes, both caucasian and non-caucasian.