COVID-19: Thailand reports 8,452 new coronavirus cases, 57 deaths

webfact

14 minutes ago, sungod said:

People dying is what bothers me, not seemingly healthy people walking around with no idea that they are infected. We need to get away with the infatuation for daily counts and move on.

Admittedly there are some on here who would need to look for another hobby if that were the case.

Well I guess it's the "seemingly healthy people walking around with no idea that they are infected." walking around that keeps this going. Test more and find them. You're logic is flawed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Have you got some data/link to demonstrate what you mean by your fact that it’s “is not very good” 

LOL. All people who had 2 Sinovac need a booster. Teachers who had 2 Sinovac cannot teach without an mRNA booster. This is fact. I don't need a link to this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not all countries according to the list, there are a fair number like Bangladesh, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Japan who have a considerable amount more in terms of population but are down below Thailand as far as total cases etc...go.  Again Stats are not always truthful but we use them anyway.  Answer this question.  Had Thailand tested the population as has the bigger countries would they be up higher in total cases, or would they possibly be lower based upon the percentages?  We will never know that answer now will we.

And if there was a test availble that did not give a positive result for people who are not at all sick then things may look a lot rosier 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

My memory serves me well thanks and to be clear there was no argument with anyone it was a comment and not covid disinformation. In fact my memory goes all the way back to driving past a food handout in Phuket remember?

I appreciate you are attempting to deflect from my original question so I will make the point again as it’s a very important one. 

You have made an alleged disparaging post quoting the leader of this country word for word which til now is just from your memory and without any fact. 

All I was asking was, in line with previous and recent requests by yourself and other regular posters , that you provide a source/link to verify the accuracy of it. 

I would have thought you would only be too pleased to confirm. the accuracy  of something this nature particularly quoting such a senior person. 

If you don’t want to or cannot then you should either have the post removed and/ or stop requesting the same from other members who  enter this forum. 

It’s important that everyone is treated equally and respectfully so people are not deterred from entering this thread going forward. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

LOL. All people who had 2 Sinovac need a booster. Teachers who had 2 Sinovac cannot teach without an mRNA booster. This is fact. I don't need a link to this.

Same as in USA:

September 22, 2021

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to allow for use of a single booster dose, to be administered at least six months after completion of the primary series *  in:

individuals 18 through 64 years of age whose frequent institutional or occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2 puts them at high risk of serious complications of COVID-19 including severe COVID-19.

* Note that 'primary series' in US means Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J/Janssen.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-authorizes-booster-dose-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-certain-populations

• Like 1

This is not off topic. Some people will argue that black is white and white is black. Facts and reality mean nothing to them. Fact: Thailand's testing for Covid-19 is abysmal. Fact: Countries that have abysmal testing rates are seen as under-reporting. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So it’s not the fact that “it’s not very good” as  it is in fact currently preventing deaths and a huge increase in new infections as the data posted each day shows, its may just not be as good as some other vaccines being used.  

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I appreciate you are attempting to deflect from my original question so I will make the point again as it’s a very important one. 

You have made an alleged disparaging post quoting the lead of this country which til now is just from your memory and without any fact. 

All I was asking was, in line with previous and recent requests by yourself and other regular posters , that you provide a source/link to verify the accuracy of it. 

I would have thought you would only be too pleased to before something of this nature particularly quoting such a senior person. 

If you don’t want to or cannot then you should either have the post removed and/ or stop requesting the same from other members who  enter this forum. 

It’s important that everyone is treated equally and respectfully so people are not deterred from entering this thread going forward. 

Again it was a comment from Prayut "what will be will be" This is not a damning piece of evidence, there are plenty of others that would be. If you are so concerned with this being a fact then head to the B.P. from Songkran when he was wanting it to go ahead. Now back to driving past food handouts and who then responded to me, its that old memory thing again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Same as in USA:

September 22, 2021

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to allow for use of a single booster dose, to be administered at least six months after completion of the primary series *  in:

individuals 18 through 64 years of age whose frequent institutional or occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2 puts them at high risk of serious complications of COVID-19 including severe COVID-19.

* Note that 'primary series' in US means Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J/Janssen.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-authorizes-booster-dose-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-certain-populations

Well I've had 2 AZ 12 wks apart. Next jab is in 6 months. I got it the right way not 3 wks apart to boost the numbers. 6 months from now who knows what the jab will be. I can guarantee one thing. It will be better than Sinovac.

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

So it’s not the fact that “it’s not very good” as  it is in fact currently preventing deaths and a huge increase in new infections as the data posted each day shows, its may just not be as good as some other vaccines being used.  

They are not getting anymore. They can't because everyone knows corruption was involved in a substandard vaccine at the expense of the people. Simple. 

24 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

And if there was a test availble that did not give a positive result for people who are not at all sick then things may look a lot rosier 

Asymptomatics still have and carry the virus and thus can transmit it still.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Have you got some data/link to demonstrate what you mean by your fact that it’s “is not very good” 

If you did some research you would find the relevant links.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

There are so many people on here who have stated negative reports about sinovac without really knowing how good or bad it is. There are those who have hailed the so called gold standard Pfizer and Moderna from western media and government propaganda. The same comment about the progress with vaccinations in how many completed daily. But if sinovac is so bad shouldn't these be deleted from the overall vaccine total? Just wondering 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting only 80 new local cases today , three cases from the Sandbox and no deaths. There are 1,192 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 183 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1453144640136171523

One of the greatest things nature does is provide humidity.

During this heavy air event water in the air forces other particles to the ground.

Meaning that covid droplets may be forced onto the ground and probably die.

This could possibly mean that weather and extreme temperatures may reduce viral impact.

It seems that winter , sparks the flue, but not proven yet, summer may reduce the rate of transmission?? certainly humidity will cause droplets to fall, lets hope for humid ?

30 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The problem is not Sinovac. The problem is the lack of vaccines in general.

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Nice try at deflection, simple question, would you believe their figures on pneumonia? Yes or no will do.

No deflection just a simple and rational question. I would like to see excess deaths in relation to pnuemonia for 2020/2021. A very grown up and educated question. Sorry you don't see it that way.

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Ok. You still think it's the flu. Well done.

Still? Show me where I said it was?

Just asked as that spreads and kills should we test for it too?

You are not doing very well at answering simple yes or no questions today are you?

• Thanks 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

No deflection just a simple and rational question. I would like to see excess deaths in relation to pnuemonia for 2020/2021. A very grown up and educated question. Sorry you don't see it that way.

would you believe their numbers?

A Phang Nga Community College student who developed blood clots after receiving her second Covid-19 vaccine shot has died of a haemorrhagic stroke following brain surgery, BP reported.  She was just 20 yrs of age.

Sinovac and AZ.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

You are not doing very well at answering simple yes or no questions today are you?

No. Or maybe yes. Not sure. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

A Phang Nga Community College student who developed blood clots after receiving her second Covid-19 vaccine shot has died of a haemorrhagic stroke following brain surgery, BP reported.  She was just 20 yrs of age.

Just saw that, actually my daughter was supposed to get her second shot Pfizer this coming Sunday but we got an email a couple of hours ago saying they had cancelled it due to insufficient vaccines

Just now, anchadian said:

Straight into a vein? Intramuscular this shouldn't happen. Both my jabs were aspirated. 

9 minutes ago, sungod said:

Covid is not the flue, but is related, flue is a type of covid virus. according to the worlds health advisers, but search it yourself and make up your own mind.