COVID-19: Thailand reports 8,452 new coronavirus cases, 57 deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Mine hasn't got her 1st. Discraceful. Jabs have been going to areas they want to open up. Not the general population. This government does not in any way care about it's people. Only cares about the elite, their power and their offshore bank accounts.

Dont you think the vulnerable should get jabs before children? Rather selfish expecting kid to get vaccinated before an elderly person.

• Like 1

Just now, sungod said:

Dont you think the vulnerable should get jabs before children? Rather selfish expecting kid to get vaccinated before an elderly person.

The government said all school age children above the age of 12 would be vaccinated this month. Nothing about your baiting selfishness comment. This is what they said. You talk about the vulnerable well they should already be fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The government said all school age children above the age of 12 would be vaccinated this month. Nothing about your baiting selfishness comment. This is what they said. You talk about the vulnerable well they should already be fully vaccinated.

The vulnerable have not been vaccinated, you should know that by reading the comments on here. Your post is in black and white, you complain about a child not being vaccinated whilst we all know there are more needy out there. Pathetic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

The vulnerable have not been vaccinated, you should know that by reading the comments on here. Your post is in black and white, you complain about a child not being vaccinated whilst we all know there are more needy out there. Pathetic.

Yes there are plenty of more needy I agree but suggest you take that to Prayut and Anutin who set the priority lists. If they tell students they are going to get vaccinated to get schools back then that is what people expect them to do, silly to make such assumptions I know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Vunerable, those that have been double vaccinated , are still able to transmit, receive and die, from cocid.

50 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

They are asymptomatic cos the more than questionable test tells them they are. Your not ill but the test tells you you are 

Not quite but try again.  Your reaching conspiracy theory territory now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

At least they are finally now getting on with it and not unnecessarily delaying the opening any longer. 

“Learning to with it” has come too late sadly for some. 

"Learning to live with it' without vaccines, could just as well be deemed learning to die with it for tens of thousands. The truth is now, because of vaccines, is the earliest opportunity to return to near normal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

"Learning to live with it' without vaccines, could just as well be deemed learning to die with it for tens of thousands. The truth is now, because of vaccines, is the earliest opportunity to return to near normal. 

Well over 6500 people killed themselves last year so I guess their families my say different but I appreciate its a fine balance in making that decision when to open up between the risks of dying from covid vs ruining peoples lives/ suicides because of it.

Edited by Kadilo

18,922 is exactly 1% of 1,875,315  These odds don't call for any lock downs! Why would a country want to "hobble" their economy, which relies so much on tourism, for these odds??? ???? That is the same death average of the common flu!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Why haven't the vulnurable been vaccinated? The only pathetic thing going on is the govt and those who support them. I'm fairly sure if one was to look at your previous posts you would be all out for openning up schools now you're saying students should wait. Sorry I truly don't understand what you are saying. You need to be careful about calling someone pathetic because out of the blue a mirror will appear.

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Why haven't the vulnurable been vaccinated? The only pathetic thing going on is the govt and those who support them. I'm fairly sure if one was to look at your previous posts you would be all out for openning up schools now you're saying students should wait. Sorry I truly don't understand what you are saying. You need to be careful about calling someone pathetic because out of the blue a mirror will appear.

Maybe you should look at previous posts, may support your arguments a little better. I've been supporting the opening of schools all along, no where have I said we should be waiting.

You cant even give a straight yes or no answer. Just pointless engaging with you any further.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sungod said:

Maybe you should look at previous posts, may support your arguments a little better. I've been supporting the opening of schools all along, no where have I said we should be waiting.

You cant even give a straight yes or no answer. Just pointless engaging with you any further.

You just said that students should wait until the vulnerable are vaccinated. You called me pathetic because my girl hasn't yet been vaccinated which from my earlier post (which you chose not to include in your post), the government said would happen. All vulnerable people in the whole country should be protected. Not just the PM's idea of Thailand i.e. tourist spots but the whole of Thailand. All students 12 and over will be vaccinated for Nov 1 openning he said. Hasn't happened. Can't. My daughter and the rest of the 12 yr old+ students at her school have not yet recieved their jab. Just more lies and deception from a 'govt' that took power under arms. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Well over 6500 people killed themselves last year so I guess their families my say different but I appreciate its a fine balance in making that decision when to open up between the risks of dying from covid vs ruining peoples lives/ suicides because of it.

There was an increase of 727 suicide deaths in 2020 it was not well over 6,500 all due to covid. So your comment on the families of those 6,500+ is inaccurate. Tragic as it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There was an increase of 727 suicide deaths in 2020 it was not well over 6,500 all due to covid. So your comment on the families of those 6,500+ is inaccurate. Tragic as it is.

There is no where I can see in

my post where I said they were all down to Covid but I take your point and my point remains the same, it’s a perilous decision for any government to make to get the right balance. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

my post where I said they were all down to Covid but I take your point and my point remains the same, it’s a perilous decision for any government to make to get the right balance. 

"Well over 6500 people killed themselves last year so I guess their families my say different"

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

If you look at suicide rates the prior years, you'll see that suicide is unfortunately a major problem in Thailand.  Even before Covid, rates were high.  Yes, it's awful that the rates have gone up, and that people are taking their lives, but the number of suicides that can be associated with Covid is only a fraction of the deaths actually caused by the Covid virus.  And those Covid virus deaths would have been much greater if there weren't limits put in place (masks, curfews, etc.), which I assume is what you are attributing to be the proximate cause of these deaths.  

On a side note, I appreciate reading what you write, but I wish I didn't feel when I read your posts that you are a cheerleader for the job that's been done by this government.  The truth is they did too little too late.  And it would be a good thing if you could acknowledge that at some point in your posts.  Yes, there have been improvements, but there was a very long period of time when little was done, and it let the situation get worse.  And frankly, it didn't have to be that way.   

Some good points there and well made so thank you. 

With all the numbers of Thai bashing negativity on this forum it is not always easy to provide a balanced response for reasons best no discuss here.

For that reason the temptation may be to sometimes over compensate and maybe for that reason come across as a “cheerleader” to some, so I appreciate you making that point in an adult constructive way and take that on board. 

Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

There's nowhere I can see you didn't. Indeed you're inference is suggestive and leads to a conclusion, all be it false, that the suicides were as of a consequence of shut downs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

A Phang Nga Community College student who developed blood clots after receiving her second Covid-19 vaccine shot has died of a haemorrhagic stroke following brain surgery, BP reported.  She was just 20 yrs of age.

Sinovac and AZ.

Anyone under 30yrs old should not be having AZ. UK stopped giving it to the under 30's months ago when a link to blood clots, more so in younger people, was discovered.