Visa agent cost

5 hours ago, LoeiI said:

Deported ? any examples of said deportations

he is just talking out of his ass. agents have helped many people. yes they are expensive but they help and can do some things we alone cannot. maybe he will give you now a 1 out of 10,000 people that had problems lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drori8 said:

he is just talking out of his ass. agents have helped many people. yes they are expensive but they help and can do some things we alone cannot. maybe he will give you now a 1 out of 10,000 people that had problems lol.

Why are they so angry ???? ?? If it suits do it if not dont ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LoeiI said:

Why are they so angry ???? ?? If it suits do it if not dont ????

about the money as well. i remember first visiting thailand with a friend. when i would buy something if he thought it was expensive, he would get angry at me. until i shut him up by saying it is my money. no clue why people want to tell you what to do with your own money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great thread. My situation is I'm in US now and my non-O will expire on Dec. 20. I have re-entry permit in passport, and US29K in a Thai bank. I could come back second week Dec. when most of the present restrictions will likely still be in place, and have my Thai gf come to Bangkok and help me at Immigration; or if the renamed COE etc. will still be in place in Dec. just wait till Jan. '22 or later and enter more easily. Could an agent help get the IO to effectively ignore the late entry if I came back next year? Or would I have to start all over? I know (from a friend) a good agent who I've only used for 90 day so far. 

My Foreign Currency Deposit account has been a bit of a hassle in the past because my bank will not provide a familiar paper bankbook with such an account, so even with the letter I've had to get the bank's 24/7 hotline on my phone and hand the phone to the IO to make confirmation--it's worked the last two times--I assume an agent would save this hour of run around. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

Great thread. My situation is I'm in US now and my non-O will expire on Dec. 20. I have re-entry permit in passport, and US29K in a Thai bank. I could come back second week Dec. when most of the present restrictions will likely still be in place, and have my Thai gf come to Bangkok and help me at Immigration; or if the renamed COE etc. will still be in place in Dec. just wait till Jan. '22 or later and enter more easily. Could an agent help get the IO to effectively ignore the late entry if I came back next year? Or would I have to start all over? I know (from a friend) a good agent who I've only used for 90 day so far. 

My Foreign Currency Deposit account has been a bit of a hassle in the past because my bank will not provide a familiar paper bankbook with such an account, so even with the letter I've had to get the bank's 24/7 hotline on my phone and hand the phone to the IO to make confirmation--it's worked the last two times--I assume an agent would save this hour of run around. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

If it expires just start again when you re enter, if you have 800k in the bank you can transfer to non imm O easy enough then 1 year extension

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If it expires just start again when you re enter, if you have 800k in the bank you can transfer to non imm O easy enough then 1 year extension

Then would I come into Thailand on a visa exempt, then change that to, or simply apply for, non imm O in country (money in local bank of course) then in about 60 or so days apply for a 12 month extension? The agent I mentioned said I could get a Non-O in the US before travel, but that has drawbacks, right?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Then would I come into Thailand on a visa exempt, then change that to, or simply apply for, non imm O in country (money in local bank of course) then in about 60 or so days apply for a 12 month extension? The agent I mentioned said I could get a Non-O in the US before travel, but that has drawbacks, right?

That's correct. 

You can obtain a non O (retirement) in the USA.

Since you already have money in Thai bank, you could enter visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration. Subsequently obtain the 12 month extension.

If you actually can satisfy the money in bank requirements then you could do the process yourself. It's not difficult.

Or you could have an agent assist with the organization side of things. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wish to avoid using agents . 

I have a pension of 43 t per month and 250 t in a Thai bank .

I am still waiting for a UK pension application to be completed that would get me close to the 65 t. How ever there are long delays processing at this time .

Presently using a 60 day covid extension .

Would that be enough to obtain a retirement visa ?

Any help would be appreciated in making a application 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, itsari said:

I wish to avoid using agents . 

I have a pension of 43 t per month and 250 t in a Thai bank .

I am still waiting for a UK pension application to be completed that would get me close to the 65 t. How ever there are long delays processing at this time .

Presently using a 60 day covid extension .

Would that be enough to obtain a retirement visa ?

Any help would be appreciated in making a application 

Thanks BKK 6060 . that advice was defiantly helpful 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Could not agree more Sheryl

Why give your money to greedy agents when it is so easy to do yourself?

How easy it is to do yourself depends on what IO you use, some go on power trips, and some are helpful, but be aware that the helpful IO could change the next time you go to that same office. I know, I have experienced it.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Live Long and Prosper said:

about 2,000 if you do it yourself and learn the laws and processes of the country you wish to stay in, all the way up to being deported because you used a bent agent and fuelled the corruption that already exists. My passport, my name, I want to know.

Please name just one case of a "bent" agent who got a farang deported.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, petertucker48 said:

Just what I'm thinking all that is needed is ฿1900 Annually.

Where does the "Agent requirement" come into this discussion,

From people who can't be asked to spend a day getting their paperwork together from a list supplied by most I.O. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, nickmondo said:

if he has his own, why on earth would he want to use an agent????????

Because some IOs have a hostile attitude, although it is in a minority, and can you imagine the upset and anxiety that could cause these members of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

• Haha 1

asean

18 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

Aren't these things illegal.? Just do it the right way like most honest people do.

Are what things illegal? Please explain. Asean Now sponsor an agency, and they certainly would not be doing that if it was illegal.

Another member of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade. ????

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

Past performance does not guarantee future results! A related practise years ago did, in fact, result in deportations. At one time, when people used border runs to extend their stay in Thailand (but were too lazy to travel to the border themselves) there were agents who would take your passports to the border to get the requisite stamps for you. There was a major crackdown on this practise, and many with those agent acquired stamps found themselves in hot water.

The risks involved in using agents who can circumvent the usual requirements for a visa or extension are very low. But, let's be realistic. The risks are not zero. Under certain circumstances, disaster could strike those relying on well connected agents and officials who for some reason end up under attack by those above them.

I think you are referring to an instance many years back where some agent used fake stamps and was found out. All the guys with the fake stamps were let off by the then Thai Authority. No one was deported.

I'm sure older members of this forum will remember this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I was quoted 26,000 in Patts from a long time agent to go from Visa exempt to Non O - 15 mos worth. I have a Bangkok Bank account.

I had to pay 31.000 Bt for exact same thing, but it was not for 15 months, it was for twelve months. The agent is also in Pattaya, his office is across the road from the South Pattaya Big C.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, seedy said:

WOW - I pay 6000 THB for NON O based on marriage.

And they do all 90 day reports

Where? What agent? I would pay that in a heartbeat avoiding the humiliation and wasting time ????

I assume you still need a marriage certificate at this price. What about the 400K?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can give first hand example? 

BTW , what's the point of giving a laugh emoji at every post. 

I only went back 20 or more posts and you have given that emoji to every post. 

Your point? 

I noticed that too.....????

• Haha 2