Visa agent cost

1 hour ago, Taxi said:

Where I go there is a visa shop right outside the immigration office. I asked this year via email how much (just to avoid covid crowds) I have the 800K and all the legit documents.

8,000 baht all up.  I decided just to do it myself as usual, the process is quick and efficient, especially with the reduced numbers in town.  

Jomtien?

57 minutes ago, petertucker48 said:

Just what I'm thinking all that is needed is ฿1900 Annually.

Where does the "Agent requirement" come into this discussion,

I think by investing the 800k you could more than cover the costs of an agent and still have access to your funds. 
13/14000 for Extension in Pattaya at ‘reputable’ agents who have good connections with a bank and immigration. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Deported ? any examples of said deportations

Past performance does not guarantee future results! A related practise years ago did, in fact, result in deportations. At one time, when people used border runs to extend their stay in Thailand (but were too lazy to travel to the border themselves) there were agents who would take your passports to the border to get the requisite stamps for you. There was a major crackdown on this practise, and many with those agent acquired stamps found themselves in hot water.

The risks involved in using agents who can circumvent the usual requirements for a visa or extension are very low. But, let's be realistic. The risks are not zero. Under certain circumstances, disaster could strike those relying on well connected agents and officials who for some reason end up under attack by those above them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Past performance does not guarantee future results! A related practise years ago did, in fact, result in deportations. At one time, when people used border runs to extend their stay in Thailand (but were too lazy to travel to the border themselves) there were agents who would take your passports to the border to get the requisite stamps for you. There was a major crackdown on this practise, and many with those agent acquired stamps found themselves in hot water.

The risks involved in using agents who can circumvent the usual requirements for a visa or extension are very low. But, let's be realistic. The risks are not zero. Under certain circumstances, disaster could strike those relying on well connected agents and officials who for some reason end up under attack by those above them.

Those above is where most of the kanga ends up!! 

• Like 1

Is it also true that if you leave thailand on re-entry permit with retirement visa and re- enter then get another 12 month extention of stay , all just before the original 12 month extention expiry, you would get 27 months in total from the original 3 mth visa ? Could that be repeated again on same original visa ?

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Agreed nothing is risk free though very low, I have spoken to many Thais and expats about this and other related issues and have been basically advised to stop looking at what we (Westerners) might see as corruption or rouge practices with westerners eyes, this is Thailand not the west and that it is what it is, and the fact that the money always travels upwards so the lower level officials are unlikely to come under attack by their superiors right up to the top (Armfuls of watches drug convictions etc.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Is it also true that if you leave thailand on re-entry permit with retirement visa and re- enter then get another 12 month extention of stay , all just before the original 12 month extention expiry, you would get 27 months in total from the original 3 mth visa ? Could that be repeated again on same original visa ?

Only OA for the first year.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

senior IOs can legally & officially grant visas and extentions anyway they want. no Immi. rules that can’t be waived.

That is not correct. Only certain officers are allowed to waive certain requirements.

This is what the immigration order 327/2557 for extensions of stay states.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

• Like 2

If you have your own 800K there is little to no reason to use an agent.

“Not quite true if it hasn't been seasoned properly”

or if you can use the monthly 65k method, otherwise……

Other Reasons for Agent Use:

No Dead 800k Capital 

Rejection of Dead Capital & Immi BS in Principle

Guaranteed Result

No Time Spent at Banks & Immi.

No Immi. Humiliation / Changes

No Personal Reporting

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

I also used this company for retirement visa but my costs where 19,000 baht and next years renewal is meant to be 14,000 baht

I did similar but only cost 12,000 with next yrs 9,000.   But you know Thailand, it's who you know not what you know.  

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

In Pattaya you can get it for 21,000 baht (non imm O 3 months + 12 month extension)

Subsequent extensions 12,500 baht

If you have the 800k 9,000 baht

Many agents charge more for nothing

re-entry permits are extra, same price everywhere

I was quoted 26,000 in Patts from a long time agent to go from Visa exempt to Non O - 15 mos worth. I have a Bangkok Bank account.

• Like 1