Visa agent cost

13 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Regarding retirement extensions, apparently there are two types of agents:

(1) In the case where you have the required financials, the agent merely gets all your paperwork in order, but you still go to your local Immo office to provide 'proof of life' and to have your photo taken.

(2) In the case where you cannot meet (or shun) the required financials, the agent gets around the requirement by paying a corrupt Immo officer, somewhere in Thailand.  Some punters will argue that the local Immo officer has the discretion to ignore the financials, but Ubonjoe has pointed out that such an approval can only be executed at a very high level in the Immigration Division.

In sum, if you don't meet the finanical requirements for a retirement extension, and you pay an agent to get your extension stamped, then you are almost certainly contributing to the corruption that so many on this forum complain about.

Man up.   Don't do it.

You don’t need the financials but still have to go Immigration for a photograph, it’s all done locally, passport with visa returned the next day. By all accounts the agent makes very little from the fee the bulk going to immigration.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Regarding retirement extensions, apparently there are two types of agents:

(1) In the case where you have the required financials, the agent merely gets all your paperwork in order, but you still go to your local Immo office to provide 'proof of life' and to have your photo taken.

(2) In the case where you cannot meet (or shun) the required financials, the agent gets around the requirement by paying a corrupt Immo officer, somewhere in Thailand.  Some punters will argue that the local Immo officer has the discretion to ignore the financials, but Ubonjoe has pointed out that such an approval can only be executed at a very high level in the Immigration Division.

In sum, if you don't meet the finanical requirements for a retirement extension, and you pay an agent to get your extension stamped, then you are almost certainly contributing to the corruption that so many on this forum complain about.

Man up.   Don't do it.

Appently?? What you don,tknow,just guessing,bargirl told you,redit here or just shaking the cage! 

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Appently?? What you don,tknow,just guessing,bargirl told you,redit here or just shaking the cage! 

Bar Girl, I don’t associate with Bar Girls,  I know as I have been dealing with agents for years and using their services as most of my colleagues do.

If there was anything illegal why would an agent promote their services on the internet.

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Bar Girl, I don’t associate with Bar Girls,  I know as I have been dealing with agents for years and using their services as most of my colleagues do.

If there was anything illegal why would an agent promote their services on the internet.

Good to know.. My question was not to you tho! 

• Sad 1

On 10/29/2021 at 3:57 AM, possum1931 said:

asean

Are what things illegal? Please explain. Asean Now sponsor an agency, and they certainly would not be doing that if it was illegal.

Another member of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade. ????

THat speaks volumes for Asean Now...

3 hours ago, heist said:

I actually need an agent recommendation if anyone has one - via PM please - as my wife h-a-t-e-s dealing with immigration. 

You apparently want somebody to assist with the extension. There may be one in Surin that can help.

Ask on a local forum or Facebook page about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Live Long and Prosper said:

I have a friend sat in the UK waiting to return after a 12 month deportation from a bent agent. He was the fall guy.

Could you expand a bit on that? The fall guy for what? Who was the agent? If you can answer these questions, don't worry about defamation, you don't have to critisise anyone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Live Long and Prosper said:

I have a friend sat in the UK waiting to return after a 12 month deportation from a bent agent. He was the fall guy.

You should have checked with this forum before choosing an agent! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Long and Prosper said:

Thanks for the warning.

Unfortunately many on Thai Visa will not listen to it preferring to trust the advise of some people offering dodgy advise instead.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, Live Long and Prosper said:

Is your friend Thai?  If not how could he be deported?  I take it you meen expelled and if so what was his offence and how was he caught?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/29/2021 at 7:09 AM, Nemises said:

I pay 15k per year. 
Rather than leaving 800k sitting idle in a Thai bank account, I instead invested it into blue chip stocks in my home country’s stock exchange 10 years ago and have had an average of 10% return on my capital since. 
The 800k is now worth over 1.8 million (after paying agent fee each year) and currently returns 170k per year which easily covers the yearly agent fee - refer attached. 

E9B13957-98E6-44FB-9500-5E29824CD0A7.jpeg

Interesting post .

Would you send details of your agent ? The agent must be reliable after so many years .

On 10/29/2021 at 4:07 AM, possum1931 said:

I think you are referring to an instance many years back where some agent used fake stamps and was found out. All the guys with the fake stamps were let off by the then Thai Authority. No one was deported.

I'm sure older members of this forum will remember this.

Yup, believe that agent was the same guy who attacked the Regents teacher in Pattaya a few years back.

This article mentions both the attack (he was 'jailed' for six years but eventually fled Thailand whilst on bail) and the visa scam from 2007. Obviously a charming fellow. As I recall no 'customers' were deported, only ending up a bit lighter in their pockets. 

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/crime-chiang-rai-thailand/pattaya-expat-sean-tinsley-jailed-for-six-years-over-assault-of-british-teacher-adam-pickles/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Interesting post .

Would you send details of your agent ? The agent must be reliable after so many years .

Yes he’s very reliable and yes, am happy to PM you his details - unless you are too far from him? Where are you?

On 10/29/2021 at 12:45 AM, DrJack54 said:

That's correct. 

You can obtain a non O (retirement) in the USA.

Since you already have money in Thai bank, you could enter visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration. Subsequently obtain the 12 month extension.

If you actually can satisfy the money in bank requirements then you could do the process yourself. It's not difficult.

Or you could have an agent assist with the organization side of things. 

I left Thailand in May 2020 and my Non-O visa extension expired in October 2020. Can I return to Thailand on a visa exemption and apply for a Non-O at immigration while I'm in Thailand? Do I have to apply for a Non-O 90 days visa first and extend it to a 1 year visa after 2 months or can I apply for a Non-O  1 year visa as well? I still have a bank account in Thailand and I meet all the financial requirements.

I was told you can't obtain a Non-O visa while you are in Thailand, only at your Thai embassy in your home country. 

9 minutes ago, Rman said:

I return to Thailand on a visa exemption and apply for a Non-O at immigration while I'm in Thailand? Do I have to apply for a Non-O 90 days visa first and extend it to a 1 year visa after 2 months or can I apply for a Non-O  1 year visa as well?

You can can only apply for non-o that will allow a 90 day permit to stay and then apply for the one year extension of stay during the last 30 day 90 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can can only apply for non-o that will allow a 90 day permit to stay and then apply for the one year extension of stay during the last 30 day 90 days.

Thank you very much Joe! I will apply for a Non-O 90 days at Phuket immigration.