Tablet for 3 year old boy

steveb5

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Dont go for the cheap <deleted>.It will only last 6 months if yr lucky ! Then the battery starts fade out so e cant be replaced or cost as much ad the whole thing did.

Been there done that!

Better to pay a bit more and get a decent brand with proper warranty and service/parts etc.

Buy cheap BUY TWICE !

Agreed...  Our Son used my old iPad - the resources available are incredible.

We also ensured the iPad had a large protective case - kids drop things. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, sure! It´s excellent, for all lazy parents that can´t <deleted> themselves with enough interest to tech their own children.

And, I can guarantee this is no comment from a person who does not know. You on the other hand, has probably not studied all the reports regarding effects of to much and too early screen time for children under the age of 7. I suggest you go back and study before you let the next verbal fantasy hit the writing board.

Lazy isn't it, the tablet augments our other teaching such as chalk number find maze on the driveway, clay, paint, flashcards, reading to him, etc... Can't be with him every single second.  I'm working and mom is cleaning the house/cooking/gardening/etc... There is no daycare (which he loves) available now due to COVID.  This keeps him educationally busy along with other creative toys while we are busy.  The warning on screen time is about viewing junk and reduced verbalizing and socializing.  The kid is a chatterbox explaining his videos and there is no group socializing until COVID is a bit more under control.  P.S., his older brother (1st year in KMUTT) is studying to be a game programmer and his sister (finishing HS) going into the same program as a game designer.  About 2 yrs after college (last 2 years at a uni in the US) they'll be pulling in $80 - 100k USD in a job each loves and should have legs until they retire.  Both play multiple music instruments, daughter paid modeling gigs, both avid AOW scuba divers certified as soon as legally able, and have been self-sufficient for years (alone a couple of months once with uncle doing a "Hi and Bye" 1x a week).  We moved to Thailand during their teen years to give the them these opportunities without putting the wife and I in the poorhouse (man those teens can eat Thailand bonus savings!) or child services showing up at our doorstep because some childless crazy cat lady thought we were doing something immoral in the eyes of god (apologies to childless crazy cat ladies everywhere).  Our family is not lazy, were busy ????

8 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

The warning on screen time is about viewing junk and reduced verbalizing and socializing.

No it is not. The studies are showing slower learning capabilities, antisocial behavior, anger issues as well as a correlation to ADHD regarding increased number in groups of children that uses cell phones at low ages.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1