COVID-19 Tests, Insurance Required for Quarantine-free Visitors

webfact

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is your O-A based on being married or retired, that's where the difference is as of October 31, 2019, and has been a topic of discussion since as it is required for the annual extension of stay. If retired then it's needed, if based on marriage it is not. Better check again Sir 

I repeat

I have re entered Thailand 3 times in last 18 months using retirement extension of stay

So you’re asking me to check again whether the 3 times I entered were wrong ???? ???? ????

Its clear, YOU are sharing misleading information

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is as he said a combination of the 100K policy, and a Covid policy, now can they be combined like mine is with PCH as my policy for health also covers Covid, yes they can.  As far as the O entering for the first time they will need the insurance as well as the Covid cover.  What i tried to convey but it got confusing is that if the Re-entry permit based on an initial O Visa it is as you said, but if not a re-entry the Health insurance is needed. As I said he indicated that eventually all visa categories will need insurance for health, and this was confirmed by a contact I have at the Los Angeles Consulate.  It appears that Covid has created a slow roll-up. 

You appear to be saying a lot about this subject, may I ask you have you entered or reentered Thailand in the last 12-24 months????, and if so can you share your real life experience

I’ve only had 3 COE’s so maybe I’m in experienced on his subject  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

By the time you reach your hotel and unpack the results should be there. That's hardly quarantine.

Nope. The testing is not done at the airport but at the hotel after you check in and after the medical staff arrive (probably not working 24/7). Then, you start waiting for the results. For many it will be a two-day quarantine. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Nope. The testing is not done at the airport but at the hotel after you check in and after the medical staff arrive (probably not working 24/7). Then, you start waiting for the results. For many it will be a two-day quarantine. 

And for many of may not even be one.

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Depending on what you arrive the result may arrive same day. 

You are more optimistic than I am. I'm wondering if the labs can handle all these extra tests as efficiently as they have been processing the handful of samples they've been doing so far. Also wondering when the swabbing team will get to each traveler after they check in. I'm guessing they don't work 24/7 but probably 10-5 with the same type of work flow efficiency we see everywhere in Thailand. If they get to you later and the result takes 12 hours to come back, seems like many will get past check-out time of their first booked day and have to book another.

• Like 2

Just now, JCP108 said:

You are more optimistic than I am. I'm wondering if the labs can handle all these extra tests as efficiently as they have been processing the handful of samples they've been doing so far. Also wondering when the swabbing team will get to each traveler after they check in. I'm guessing they don't work 24/7 but probably 10-5 with the same type of work flow efficiency we see everywhere in Thailand. If they get to you later and the result takes 12 hours to come back, seems like many will get past check-out time of their first booked day and have to book another.

Yeah I’m more optimistic than 95% of the people on here, but that in Itself is not difficult. 

Worse case 2 nights as you say, buy hey ho, better than 7 best case. 

"This quarantine-free category is applicable for travelers who have stayed in the 46 low-risk jurisdictions for 21 consecutive days prior to departure"

How would that apply if returning to Thailand after a 14 day holiday ? 

4 minutes ago, mancub said:

"This quarantine-free category is applicable for travelers who have stayed in the 46 low-risk jurisdictions for 21 consecutive days prior to departure"

How would that apply if returning to Thailand after a 14 day holiday ? 

I would assume that since 14 is less than 21, you would be considered coming from a high-risk country (Thailand) and would follow those rules.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I would assume that since 14 is less than 21, you would be considered coming from a high-risk country (Thailand) and would follow those rules.

Just discovered that there's an exception in this case !  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Farangus said:

Yes you are right. For me, the new requirements did not make the process of traveling to Thailand much more difficult. It's just that the costs have increased. And, most importantly, everything takes at least 3 weeks. Due to the fact that in my country there is no Thai consulate, but only an honorary consulate. It charges an additional fee for its services and recommends applying for a visa no later than 21 days before the flight.
By the way, Thai citizens can fly to Belarus without a visa and get it at the airport. I just have to make an invitation in advance and assure it to the Foreign Ministry.

Yes and they will be pushed across the border into the EU.

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

this info is not accurate, outdated.

"Travelers in this group will be given antigen test kits to test themselves on their 6th or 7th day in Thailand."

That applies only to sandbox, not to test and go.

Where did you read that?

It is still a requirement as of 12 hours ago:

"For those who travel from 45 countries/1 territory with an exemption of quarantine, they are still required to undergo ATK test when having risk symptoms or on day 6-7 of their stays as well"

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/photos/a.251619424861479/4761139233909453/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

But is it a 50 (or 100k) COVID policy or a general insurance policy that includes COVID? In other words, can the liusted COVID policies still be used?

BTW I think your agent may be wrong re people entering on O re-entry permits. Only COVID insurance has been required for that for some time.

I have read that non Thais that have a WP are exempt from the insurance requirement when returning to Thailand as they have total coverage being on the Thai SS system. 

I am hoping that the retired people that are paying into the SS to continue their medical coverage (Like myself) Would also be exempt also being fully covered. Maybe a letter showing coverage can be gotten from SS for those of us that qualify in the future. I am sure will need some sort of proof.

47 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Where did you read that?

It is still a requirement as of 12 hours ago:

"For those who travel from 45 countries/1 territory with an exemption of quarantine, they are still required to undergo ATK test when having risk symptoms or on day 6-7 of their stays as well"

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/photos/a.251619424861479/4761139233909453/

Right. And, you show the results of the test on day 6 to the staff at your accommodation (in my case at that point will be my wife). 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Right. And, you show the results of the test on day 6 to the staff at your accommodation (in my case at that point will be my wife). 

Preaching to the choir:

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

Agreed, just saying they should clarify the requirements and the ramifications for not complying.

"If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (both detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App."

My bold above makes no sense in the context of "test and go" particularly for those heading home/staying with family/staying with girlfriend/partner.

• Like 1

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from the Bangkok Post has been removed as well as the replies:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:01 PM, hereforgood said:

I have read that non Thais that have a WP are exempt from the insurance requirement when returning to Thailand as they have total coverage being on the Thai SS system

That is not true. I have a WP and was required to prove insurance of at least 90 days (no return flight). Not everyone with a WP is covered under the social security scheme either.

Interesting, this was not mentioned anywhere on the COE site. But my point still stands because not everyone is covered under social security. A WP does not remove the requirement. I am not so I still had to prove insurance. Most people with a WP will be covered under social security so that's great news for them.

16 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Hence my post "It is now", new "rules" from today.

I only wanted to point out that it is not the WP that exempts one from the requirement of insurance. It is coverage under the social security scheme which does. Even today, I as a WP holder am not exempt according to these new rules.

Edited by eisfeld