People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others

Jeffr2

24 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Neither of those camps are his target. The many, many people who genuinely don't know are. Just sayin'

My point is if someone hasn't heard this by now it's cuz they're living in a cave with a sack over their heads. Maybe, hopefully, one of those cave dwellers came out and saw this post. I guess no harm done. Membership is free, yes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

My point is if someone hasn't heard this by now it's cuz they're living in a cave with a sack over their heads. Maybe, hopefully, one of those cave dwellers came out and saw this post. I guess no harm done. Membership is free, yes?

If that's the case why are so many people continuing to repeat lies here that have been debunked or disproved many times over? Are they living in a cave and not seeing the evidence? That's where the harm is coming from. Not an attack against you but the many zealots here who continue to wish death upon the world.

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

If that's the case why are so many people continuing to repeat lies here that have been debunked or disproved many times over? Are they living in a cave and not seeing the evidence? That's where the harm is coming from. Not an attack against you but the many zealots here who continue to wish death upon the world.

From what I can tell, many of those who repeat lies are from the right wing.  Links they put up are from dodgy right wing media sites, which luckily, are taken down quickly here.  They live in a bubble of misinformation.  Fighting against science, big government, etc, etc, etc.

We're living in crazy times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the person is vaccinated it inhibits them being able to contract coronavirus.  If the person does not have active covid 19 it would seem impossible for them to transmit it to another person.  

So isn't this really saying that vaccines protect you from getting Covid 19 and therefore you can't spread it because you are less likely to ever be infected with it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

What is important to realise, de Gier says, is that the full effect of vaccines on reducing transmission is even higher than 63 per cent, because most vaccinated people don’t become infected in the first place.

So is this saying that if a vaccinated person does become infected with Covid they are 63% less likely of transmitting it to someone else?   That might make sense given that vaccinated people are suppose to have only a milder case of Covid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So is this saying that if a vaccinated person does become infected with Covid they are 63% less likely of transmitting it to someone else?   That might make sense given that vaccinated people are suppose to have only a milder case of Covid. 

I think the viral load is lower.  Maybe someone else out there can help.

Covid should never have been a big deal. US / UK covid death rate around 0.2% total pop. Just add it to list of similar proportionate old sick people killers like winter flu, cancer, pneumonia, age…. but no, because so many younger self -abusers were dying from covid (fatties, smokers, druggies, alkys, backward cultures), and could not be isolated, including PM Johnson, ALL of us had to assume the burden of “protecting” these wasters, who were already bringing our national health services to their knees with necessary million dollar type Organ Transplants to prolong their generally miserable worthless lives, at expense always of innocent healthy taxpayers often denied medical care as an

additional burden……including in- breeding “cultures” producing disabled kids in UK etc. at ten times the indigineous rates……

Farewell Normality, Society, Economy, Jobs, Businesses. 

Greetings Increased Poverty, Despair, Mental Illness.

Recall that Triffid movie where the few Sighted were chained to the many Blind as human guide dogs.

Covid the exact reverse, where the extremely few Sick chained to the 99% + Healthy by the Idiot Politicians on grounds of “ compassion”… and the false but vote winning mantra that “ every life is priceless” , which later drove the wacky left wing nanny states like NZ, Aus, Cali, etc. to their insane Zero Covid nonsense ….. so all of us dragged off the cliff…..human mass psychosis at its “finest”……

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

including in- breeding “cultures” producing disabled kids in UK etc. at ten times the indigineous rates……

I think I agree with everything  you said except the bit I quoted above

Whatever camp you're in, I think everyone agrees that double-jabbed people who go on to catch COVID are just as infectious as the unjabbed. That's assuming you're up to date with the latest develoments.

The New Norm Is Upon Us, Ain't It?

Folks, to curb transmission, everyone—including the fully-vaccinated—should carry on wearing masks, maintain physical distancing, and continue testing. Alas, it seems like this is the new norm until the end of time, or... until something more lethal comes along. 

Human Extinction Is Imminent

It seems that humans could be among the first casualties in the earth's current wave of extinctions. And why not? After all, over 99% of the 4 billion species that evolved before us are long gone. Moreover, scientists say that 150-200 species of plant, insect, bird, and mammal become extinct every 24 hours.

And we're no match for Mother Nature, either. Heck, we can't even stop a shower!

Stubby

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, The Cipher said:

After having to register for my third vaccine passport in the last month (this time with gov-mandated authenticator app!) I have decided to go on a (probably ill advised) rant.

I'm a pro-vaxxer. I got vaccinated and generally encourage other people to do the same. But bluntly, I believe that it's every individual's choice to get or not get the vaccine. We need to just accept that and open up. Like, 100% open up. If they die, they die. If they pass it to a vulnerable person and the vulnerable person dies, they die. If they pass it to me and I die, I die. The ongoing disruption of normal life at this point is ridiculous. Like, it's legit insane.

On a percentage basis, Covid has always only killed very small amount of people. As we learned more about the disease, that rate declined. And as vaccines rolled out and continue to roll out across the world, that rate has declined further. At this point we are looking at rates well below 1% mortality in fully vaccinated persons. Please don't @ me with "bUt MiLliOnS oF pEopLe." If you want to say that, all you're really saying is that you don't understand percentages and you're bad at math (among other things).

At some point during the pandemic, society seems to have collectively decided that its overriding imperative was to prevent Covid cases at all costs. All other considerations be damned. As far as I'm aware that was never debated at any point, and the logic of the premises underpinning that idea never came under scrutiny. Most people aren't even aware that it's a values judgment rather than a fundamental truth or necessity (if you understand this, try and explain it someone and watch their brains contort in any attempt not to process. You might even see it in responses to this post). People were scared, and that made restrictions politically expedient. The result? This single minded obsession with minimizing case counts regardless of the proportionality of measures taken to that effect.

At this point we're still seeing panic of single digit deaths per day. In some parts of the world determined to stick to a zero Covid policy, we see mass restrictions over even a single new case. Like, are you serious? Does it not occur to people at any point how absolutely disproportionate measures are now to risk? Many countries (with vaccine saturaiton 70%+!) are still maintaining abnormal measures affecting day to day life, to say nothing of high barriers to international travel. It's unbelievable.

How much inconvenience are we going to have to endure before we just nut up and get on with it? Like, if you're a person who genuinely thinks Covid is still a big deal, what specific rate or number would be the threshold at which you would no longer feel that arduous measures were warranted? Have you even thought about it? Because I'm betting you haven't.

Ok rant over. I feel less frustrated now. As you were, lads. Carry on.

I understand your rant. A bit. The fallacy in your argument is the unvaccinated are much more likely to spread the virus, get others sick, maybe die, and keep us in this mess longer.  They're in the minority. Man up. Get the jab.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Cipher said:

At this point we're still seeing panic of single digit deaths per day. In some parts of the world determined to stick to a zero Covid policy, we see mass restrictions over even a single new case. Like, are you serious? Does it not occur to people at any point how absolutely disproportionate measures are now to risk? Many countries (with vaccine saturaiton 70%+!) are still maintaining abnormal measures affecting day to day life, to say nothing of high barriers to international travel. It's unbelievable.

You're assuming the governments were reacting to COVID, and not making a grab to permanently remove their populations freedom to travel using COVID as the excuse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

The vax -refuser Minority are now Hardcore Rebels who will NEVER be persuaded by WORDS (Reasonable Logical Scientific). They are an existential threat to Society, like Violent Criminals, who must be convinced / compelled / punished now by ACTION ; meaning LAWS.

Not true.

Directly the Thai government offered me a free (non-Chinese) vaccine with no queues or hoops, I got it. Despite my views that the vaccines were relatively ineffective, and the disease wasn't that much of a risk to me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

If the person is vaccinated it inhibits them being able to contract coronavirus.  If the person does not have active covid 19 it would seem impossible for them to transmit it to another person.  

So isn't this really saying that vaccines protect you from getting Covid 19 and therefore you can't spread it because you are less likely to ever be infected with it. 

Would point out the 12 fully vaccinated restaurant staff in Hua Hin whom were all infected with COVID would tend to disprove this theory.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I understand your rant. A bit. The fallacy in your argument is the unvaccinated are much more likely to spread the virus, get others sick, maybe die, and keep us in this mess longer.  They're in the minority. Man up. Get the jab.

Yeah sure. Ideally they'd get vaccinated. But if they just don't want to, they just don't want to. I don't see any reason to hold society up for them, it's their choice to make. Why are we being asked to bend over to save people who don't even want the help? If they live, they live. If they die, they die.

There's no fallacy, I just bluntly don't think saving every life is the priority that clearly a lot of other people seem to think it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1