Help needed to fully understand TM30

4 years ago I obtained a non Imm O-A visa in the UK and have been living in Thailand since then.

By leaving Thailand for a holiday in Vietnam 11 months after arriving I got nearly two years stay from it.

After that each year I have obtained a 1 year extension of stay, and yes because of the O-A visa I have had to buy cheap Thai approved health insurance.

I have been staying all the time in the same accommodation, originally a one year rental agreement. I actually do the TM30 reporting for the owners after they give me a signed copy of their ID card and a signed copy of their house book.

All has got very smoothly so far.

If I remember correctly I needed the TM30 to be done at my first 90 day report and then definitely each year when applying for the 1 year extension of stay.

Now I am relocating to Hua Hin.

I have made enquiries about a condo I would like to stay at via Airbnb and have messaged the owner who is originally from the UK. They normally live in Thailand but have problems returning at the moment due to Covid.   

The owner I definitely think is genuine but has never heard of a TM30.

I realise that if Hua Hin immigration is not informed of my stay then that is not good and I would have to look for other accommodation.

If I go ahead with this accommodation what would I need to make sure is done?

If I am prepared to visit immigration what I would need. I think it would be

1. a signed copy of the owners passport.

2. a signed copy of their house book to prove ownership of the condo.

3. I don’t think there would be a rental agreement but I would have all the confirmation from Airbnb detailing my stay.

But I am not sure.

I would very much appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Keith

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Do you plan to apply for an extension or do a 90 day report while you stay at this condo?

I would not need to do a 90 day report for the first 3 months as I will do a 90 day report just before going, applying for an extension is not due for about 8 months.

So could I could rent this place for 2 months only if I cannot find a way to do the TM30?

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If you don't do anything at immigration the lack of a TM30 is no problem. So if you move to another place before attending immigration anyway, you don't have to worry about it now.

Thanks a lot Jack, that gives me one definite option.

I would still love to know if I could file the TM30 myself with the owners cooperation and what is required especially if it is an Airbnb booking and not a full signed 1 year rental as I have had in the past? 

After the latest information in news articles here in ASEAN NOW you only need to do the TM30 when you arrive, as long as you are not travelling abroad. If you go abroad, you need to register a new TM30 when coming back.

However, I still do one yearly TM30 registration after my extension of stay, as the immigration office where I live, wish to see a TM30 receipt when I apply for extension for stay for another year. Keep your first TM30 receipt for next application for extension of stay, and check if Hua Hin Immigration wish a receipt, often documentation details variate between different immigration offices, so what I may need, you don't...????

• Like 1

Thank you all for the advice. From your comments I think most of you own your house or are well established in the house and probably have your own house book. I have just been renting in Khon Kaen and soon relocating to Hua Hin.

The owner of the condo hadn't heard of a TM30 but I felt that they were genuine. They have now been in contact with the office at their condo complex and said that the office will give me a TM30 on behave of the owner. I feel better now, I think the office will know more than the owner and it seems that they can act for the owner. So I hope the office will file the TM30 at the local immigration office with what is needed + a copy of my passport then later give me some sort of receipt.

I will find out in just over 3 weeks from now.

Thanks for all the advice

Keith

• Like 1