Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

1 minute ago, GatesheadGirl said:

Yes indeed which makes me even more nervous about my missing confirmation.
I guess this means TP is indeed supposed to be an automated process.

Maybe some applications are accepted automatically and others are forwarded in the system for manual approval?

Same here... i have confirmation email (two of them, actually) but somebody who got the QR code instantly makes me wanna put another one...

I applied yesterday for the Thailand pass, got successful at the end but no email, I used a Hotmail address and know others are having the same problem.

I am thinking of applying again with a yahoo address, has anyone got any advice on whether I should do this or not?

Once you get you Thailand Pass don't expect things to be easy. I printed mine off however the check-in staff here at Heathrow airport this morning didn't know what to do with it as it was the first one they had seen. I had to wait 15 minutes while they called Bangkok. This with Thai Airways. Good luck with non-Thai carriers!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, geordie said:

I applied yesterday for the Thailand pass, got successful at the end but no email, I used a Hotmail address and know others are having the same problem.

I am thinking of applying again with a yahoo address, has anyone got any advice on whether I should do this or not?

I would apply again. I also completed using a hotmail address on the 1st Nov and didn't receive any confirmation. Re-applied today with a newly created gmail and received confirmation email and QR code instantly. 

10 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

Other than some few expats is anyone wanting to go through all this mumbo jumbo for 1-2 weeks in Thailand? Seriously doubt it.

At the moment its an utter shambles, its been very poorly planned and completely untested before the system went online - An perfect case study of exactly what not to do !!!... Yet, 16 Thailand Pass exec’s posed for photos yesterday proud of the Thai Pass release !!! (the mine boggles).

That said: When all the bugs have been picked out of the system and it works well it shouldn’t take more than 10 mins to apply, then recede approval within the hour (thats the idea anyway). 

The Thailand Pass could be with us for a while until Thailand permits Unvaccinated entry without Quarantine, which I can’t see happening for some time. 

• Like 1

Been trying Nov 1 with hotmail and obviously failed to receive any confirmation or QR.

I have redone it yesterday with gmail, got confirmation but no QR yet.

It looks like some people applying today got an immediate QR. Is it worth doing it again today asap? I have given myself until tomorrow evening UK time to receive something otherwise I need to scrap.

8 minutes ago, nash151 said:

Been trying Nov 1 with hotmail and obviously failed to receive any confirmation or QR.

I have redone it yesterday with gmail, got confirmation but no QR yet.

It looks like some people applying today got an immediate QR. Is it worth doing it again today asap? I have given myself until tomorrow evening UK time to receive something otherwise I need to scrap.

im with you, mine went in yesterday also, tomorrow i might do it again

43 minutes ago, nickyr10 said:

hi quick one all - when flying from UK into Phuket for test and go  - if i book the arrival PCR via https://www.thailandpsas.com/home , do you also get a lateral flow test , that needs to be undertaken around day 5 or 6 ? 

Doesn't come on the PSAS site, got charged only for 1 PCR test 2400 baht. I'm in the Sandbox scheme.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nickyr10 said:

ahh ok , so its included in the arrival PCR test @phuket

i have booked 1 night package in pattaya which includes transport and all test( PCR and ATK)

presume for phuket both tests would be included for the same fee

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

For those who received a confirmation email on November 1, when did you receive your QR code? 

Please don't answer if you made a duplicate application on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, I am wondering if applications in processing on the 1st are in limbo. 

applied on 1st with confirmation straight away, still waiting on QR code.

done new application today instant confirmation still waiting on QR code.

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, nickyr10 said:

ok - so am i being thick - if you fly to Phuket , post 1st Nov, you can either enter via sandbox or test and go is that correct ? obvs you need to be on the list of low risk countries. or am i missing something ? 

As far as I know you can do both. I'm in the Sandbox scheme, flying next week. I wanted to stay at least 7 days in Phuket, possibly more, so the Sandbox is OK for me. In terms of cost both are more or less the same, as one needs only one PCR test + ATK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gearbox said:

As far as I know you can do both. I'm in the Sandbox scheme, flying next week. I wanted to stay at least 7 days in Phuket, possibly more, so the Sandbox is OK for me. In terms of cost both are more or less the same, as one needs only one PCR test + ATK.

thank you  ????

5 minutes ago, leelee77 said:

applied on 1st with confirmation straight away, still waiting on QR code.

done new application today instant confirmation still waiting on QR code.

I am trying to determine if the system is ignoring applications made on the 1st, or if it's just slow. If it's slow, there should be a slow trickle of QR codes sent out every day. 

But, if people make subsequent applications, no way to know for which application the QR code belongs to. 

18 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

For those who received a confirmation email on November 1, when did you receive your QR code? 

I still havent. I finally got it submitted 1400 UK time on  1 Nov. So i am about to hit 48 hours. Travelling Friday 5th. ????

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, nikita22 said:

fyi i do know someone who was due to fly yesterday, no pass arrived, he went anyway, got all the way to thailand and told them the issues at the arrival gate, they fast tracked him in ???? 

Hmm. Am now contemplating this but feels incredibly high risk. Presumably you need to show it to board the plane? 

Edited by Smash

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am trying to determine if the system is ignoring applications made on the 1st, or if it's just slow. If it's slow, there should be a slow trickle of QR codes sent out every day. 

But, if people make subsequent applications, no way to know for which application the QR code belongs to. 

the 2nd application today was from a different email so will know which one worked if i get it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1