Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

You lost the plot. The OP was complaining that his chosen hotel does not offer testing. SHA+ hotels have testing.

Sorry all confusing. I am asking because in the form, you can pick Alternative Quarantine or SHA+. 

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You lost the plot. The OP was complaining that his chosen hotel does not offer testing. SHA+ hotels have testing.

I am the OP. My hotel Is a SHA+ hotel and I uploaded my SHABA certificate on the Thai pass registration website but my hotel doesn't do on site PCR testing and I have to get it done at the airport on arrival.

I'm going to Phuket and only staying there so technically I qualify for sandbox. I don't know what to do with regard to my Thai pass regisration. Do I just pay for the PCR on PSAS, reregister on Thai Pass and upload my paid PCR invoice? 

47 minutes ago, Thai Tom said:

This is with the rather rudimentary  hand written USA CDC Vaccination card without QR code nor passport number.  

Thank you for posting this.

My son is looking to come home from university in the US during winter break and will be applying for the Thailand Pass using his Thai passport. He has been vaccinated twice with Pfizer three weeks apart. The first vaccination was given here in Thailand at a major hospital. The second was at a CVS pharmacy in the US. He has a certificate from the hospital, duly signed and stamped, and a hand-written CDC card from CVS. Neither contain passport number or QR code. Based upon your experience, I'm now more hopeful he will also get the TP without issue in spite of rudimentary and mixed documentation. 

Longer term, we're going to have to get him a yellow international booklet, but whether it will be problematic getting one issued here using the CDC card as proof of the second vaccination remains an open question.

1 minute ago, Nechav said:

I am the OP. My hotel Is a SHA+ hotel and I uploaded my SHABA certificate on the Thai pass registration website but my hotel doesn't do on site PCR testing and I have to get it done at the airport on arrival.

I'm going to Phuket and only staying there so technically I qualify for sandbox. I don't know what to do with regard to my Thai pass regisration. Do I just pay for the PCR on PSAS, reregister on Thai Pass and upload my paid PCR invoice? 

You need to post on a thread specific to Sandbox issues, most people here are doing the one night Test and Go.

29 minutes ago, SpecialSalami said:

Doesn't look OK I guess if it's INVALID... mine says "VALID". But yeah not sure what you can do in that case ????

When did you get your QR code and was it one of the instant approvals?

Yes, instant approval. I have made 4 for the whole family. One is INVALID

43 minutes ago, WonderLau said:

I'm really glad it worked for you!  My arrival date is correct November 11. It’s possible that you have put it wrong when filling the form?

Anything is possible at this point due to lack of sleep!  I'll try it again and double check my dates!  Glad you are cleared for takeoff!  Enjoy your time in the land of smiles!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thai Tom said:

Anything is possible at this point due to lack of sleep!  I'll try it again and double check my dates!  Glad you are cleared for takeoff!  Enjoy your time in the land of smiles!

https://old.reddit.com/r/Thailand/comments/qlx4w4/useful_information_about_thailand_pass/hj62ql7/?context=3

Here, this guy got November 12 as arrival date...

1 hour ago, grin said:

I suspect that people that got immediate approval had vaccine certs with QR codes. Did anyone without QR codes get immediate approval? How about with the CDC cards from the US?

I have QR code on EU international certificate, but still wating since 1st Nov

30 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

It was user error on my part!  I just resubmitted again using my alternate Yahoo address and it came back with the correct Nov 11th landing date!  I am good to go.  Looks like the system is automated as these QR codes get kicked back to us right away.  My Vax info is very basic. NO QR code NO passport number but no issue getting QR code today.

• Like 2

Hey guys, an interesting update! I got nervous as I had been waiting since Monday - and submitted a 2nd time. 

Just like the Belgian guy got the registration e-mail AND Thai Pass mail in the same second also!!!  

So what did I change compared to the first time?

- I re-edited all photos, made sure none had black side frames or "e-mail inbox" or anything similar on it, so it had all the documents looking like a pdf and not like screenshots any more 

- most importantly (I think) I cut out the QR code so there would be nothing but the code 

- I only added the QR code as such once and used the other 3 uploads for a photo of my vaccination pass (handwritten data:)); a screenshot of the one pager EU vaccination certificate incl passcode; and a screenshot of the first page of my app's digital certificate (stating my name and DOB again) -- so basically any vacc document I have.

- I used my desktop computer instead of a smartphone

- but I used the same e-mail address as before.

Maybe it is purely coincidental but I hope the image and QR code cutting thing helps anyone. ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GatesheadGirl said:

Maybe it is purely coincidental but I hope the image and QR code cutting thing helps anyone. ????

I think you are correct TBH. I done the same thing and got instant approval/QR. 

11 minutes ago, GatesheadGirl said:

Hey guys, an interesting update! I got nervous as I had been waiting since Monday - and submitted a 2nd time. 

Just like the Belgian guy got the registration e-mail AND Thai Pass mail in the same second also!!!  

- I re-edited all photos, made sure none had black side frames or "e-mail inbox" or anything similar on it, so it had all the documents looking like a pdf and not like screenshots any more 

- most importantly (I think) I cut out the QR code so there would be nothing but the code 

- I only added the QR code as such once and used the other 3 uploads for a photo of my vaccination pass (handwritten data:)); a screenshot of the one pager EU vaccination certificate incl passcode; and a screenshot of the first page of my app's digital certificate (stating my name and DOB again) -- so basically any vacc document I have.

How do you know today's approval wasn't from your Monday application? 

17 minutes ago, GatesheadGirl said:

I did exactly this and got nothing back :(

This was my second attempt, I got the confirmation e-mail Nov 1 and got another one now but no QR code.

Flying Nov 11 so I guess I will just wait and if I don't get it within the next 5 or 6 days I'll phone the Embassy and see if they can help.

• Sad 2

Sooooooooo...

Tried twice tonight (both with a new gmail) and got one QR code in the same minute of my second try! I used AQ instead of SHA+.

Now trying to do it for my girlfriend and does not work (so far three tries). This is mental.

Edited by nash151
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Thank you for posting this.

My son is looking to come home from university in the US during winter break and will be applying for the Thailand Pass using his Thai passport. He has been vaccinated twice with Pfizer three weeks apart. The first vaccination was given here in Thailand at a major hospital. The second was at a CVS pharmacy in the US. He has a certificate from the hospital, duly signed and stamped, and a hand-written CDC card from CVS. Neither contain passport number or QR code. Based upon your experience, I'm now more hopeful he will also get the TP without issue in spite of rudimentary and mixed documentation. 

Longer term, we're going to have to get him a yellow international booklet, but whether it will be problematic getting one issued here using the CDC card as proof of the second vaccination remains an open question.

I feel like at this point, its on complete automation as they cannot take the workload.  The system will take a separate document for each vax so no issue there with your case.  

Seeing how fast the system kicks out the codes, i wonder if it's just a formality for these documents we are uploading.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alphim said:

I have installed the Chrome Cors extension. The Thailand Pass icon is on my laptop screen, when I open it I can't get further than the FAQ's. Can anyone please advise  

Can you post a screenshot, no idea what FAQs you could be seeing.

2 hours ago, bobstl said:

If it makes you feel better, I'm traveling on the 7th and was also rejected for a COE two weeks ago and told I need to apply for a Thai Pass on Nov 1.

I suspect the applications are being processed locally (i.e. embassy) depending on your country of departure. In the case of my local Embassy (European country), they confirmed that they are processing in order of departure date, so hopefully we'll be okay.

Nope. I'm arriving in 38 days and I got mine approved instantly flying from Greenland via Denmark. There's no way a human looked through all my documents as I received email QR in seconds after applying. Its all about having your documents in order and as required by the TP website.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JGA said:

I already booked my airline ticket and purchased the required insurance. However, I'm tired of waiting for a reply from the quarantine hotels (contacted through the ASQ web site). Should I keep waiting or just book a quarantine package on Agoda? Will an Agoda receipt be accepted by Thailand Pass?

JGA

Yes Agoda AQ hotels are accepted. Just got my pass instantly with Agoda reservation. 

Seems to me that for those that did not receive a confirmation email, the Thailand pass was already approved and sent out a qr code email which wasn’t received (just like the confirmation email).

Upon reregistering with a different email the system resent the approval qr code automatically to the new email.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gungpao said:

Seems to me that for those that did not receive a confirmation email, the Thailand pass was already approved and sent out a qr code email which wasn’t received (just like the confirmation email).

Upon reregistering with a different email the system resent the approval qr code automatically to the new email.

In other words, you think the system is holding approved applications, but not sending QR messages, unless the user/victim sends in a duplicate application using a different email. This prompts the system to spit out the already approved QR code. 

Interesting theory. 

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

In other words, you think the system is holding approved applications, but not sending QR messages, unless the user/victim sends in a duplicate application using a different email. This prompts the system to spit out the already approved QR code. 

Interesting theory. 

I think the system sent the qr code out but it wasn’t received due to using hotmail. Reregistering with say gmail, qr code already approved and linked to passport number is resent. Definitely a theory lol

• Like 1