Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

9 minutes ago, EJ traveler said:

Been following this thread from Nov 1, and it's been very helpful. I thought I'd chime in here and share my experiences in hopes that it helps anyone else in the same boat. I'm based in the US, so my time frame for all this might be shifted slightly as this whole process actually began on the evening of Oct 31 for my time zone (Central Standard Time).

Oct 31 (21:00 local CST / 09:00 in BKK) - had lots of trouble and was getting the API error most others were getting in the early hours of program rollout. Never got a successful application in.

Nov 1 - following advice to use CORS plugin and add space after passport number, I finally got a success message on the application process. This was about 4pm local time (which would've been 4am Nov 2 in Thailand). No confirmation email however.

Nov 2 - finally get a welcome/registration email 17 hours after my initial success message (sent to my gmail account). Still no final QR code email.

Nov 3 - After still not getting any QR code for TP, I decide to try again with a different email address. This second application gets a welcome/registration email to my second email within minutes.

Nov 4 (overnight) - During the early morning hours, I receive not one but two TP confirmation emails with QR codes. I checked and they were both valid and active. The first came about 1am local time and the other came at 4am local time. The weird thing is that they both came to the same email address I had initially used for my first application. And they also both had the same arrival date (even though I had pushed my arrival date back on my second application.)

Nov 4 - Since both of these QR codes still listed the wrong arrival date, I decided to try my luck and do a third application in hopes of getting a corrected TP with the right date. I sent the application in at 7:45am this morning, and got a welcome email instantly. The QR code came via email about one hour later. Unfortunately, it still has the old arrival date.

Takeaways/observations: 

• For the third application made today, I didn't use the CORS plugin or put any spaces after my passport number. I think these early system hiccups have been fixed.
  • All three of my QR codes still say valid, so a new one being issued apparently didn't invalidate the old. In my experience, I don't think there's much harm in trying again if you would like to change one of the variables on your submission.
  • Admittedly, I failed to read the "fine print" on the instructions for the first application, and didn't realize that they were looking for a cropped QR code for the vaccination attachment page. I do think there is some merit to taking the time to get a good quality scannable and cropped QR code to upload to their site. I can't prove it, but it may be what was holding my application up the first go round.
  • For those without a vaccination QR code, I would consider looking into your options about possibly getting one if possible. I was vaccinated at CVS and finally realized all I needed to do was make an account with them and I had free access to my vaccine QR code. Whole thing took like 10 minutes to get.
  • My opinion is that the main thing we are trying to accomplish is getting the QR from Thailand Pass. This is like the magic ticket. When I scan the Thailand Pass QR code, it has very little info pertaining to what was collected on the Thailand Pass system. There's nothing about hotels, insurance, visas, etc. It's just your basic bio info, and vaccine records. My theory is that if there's any holdup, it's probably happening in the vaccine area, as this seems to be the crux of the QR code from what I can see. Perhaps Thai workers will have access to greater/hidden metadata that isn't viewable when scanning the QR code? I could be wrong, but it seems like it's very limited.
  • I am still troubled by the wrong date listed on my TP, but I see that the confirmation email with QR code has an expiration date listed as Feb 2022, so maybe this isn't even an issue? The arrival date isn't even listed when visiting the resulting webpage from the QR code, so it doesn't seem to be something recorded with the QR code. I'm willing to take a chance on this minor detail since I could even just crop out the arrival date and only show the QR code, and from what I can tell there'd be no way of ascertaining the arrival date based on what comes up in the scan. Has anyone successfully got their date changed on a new QR code?

How do you scan the QR code to get data?

my arrival date is correctly printed on my QR code, but scanning the code doesn’t show me anything useful.

5 minutes ago, EJ traveler said:

Been following this thread from Nov 1, and it's been very helpful. I thought I'd chime in here and share my experiences in hopes that it helps anyone else in the same boat. I'm based in the US, so my time frame for all this might be shifted slightly as this whole process actually began on the evening of Oct 31 for my time zone (Central Standard Time).

Oct 31 (21:00 local CST / 09:00 in BKK) - had lots of trouble and was getting the API error most others were getting in the early hours of program rollout. Never got a successful application in.

Nov 1 - following advice to use CORS plugin and add space after passport number, I finally got a success message on the application process. This was about 4pm local time (which would've been 4am Nov 2 in Thailand). No confirmation email however.

Nov 2 - finally get a welcome/registration email 17 hours after my initial success message (sent to my gmail account). Still no final QR code email.

Nov 3 - After still not getting any QR code for TP, I decide to try again with a different email address. This second application gets a welcome/registration email to my second email within minutes.

Nov 4 (overnight) - During the early morning hours, I receive not one but two TP confirmation emails with QR codes. I checked and they were both valid and active. The first came about 1am local time and the other came at 4am local time. The weird thing is that they both came to the same email address I had initially used for my first application. And they also both had the same arrival date (even though I had pushed my arrival date back on my second application.)

Nov 4 - Since both of these QR codes still listed the wrong arrival date, I decided to try my luck and do a third application in hopes of getting a corrected TP with the right date. I sent the application in at 7:45am this morning, and got a welcome email instantly. The QR code came via email about one hour later. Unfortunately, it still has the old arrival date.

Takeaways/observations: 

• For the third application made today, I didn't use the CORS plugin or put any spaces after my passport number. I think these early system hiccups have been fixed.
  • All three of my QR codes still say valid, so a new one being issued apparently didn't invalidate the old. In my experience, I don't think there's much harm in trying again if you would like to change one of the variables on your submission.
  • Admittedly, I failed to read the "fine print" on the instructions for the first application, and didn't realize that they were looking for a cropped QR code for the vaccination attachment page. I do think there is some merit to taking the time to get a good quality scannable and cropped QR code to upload to their site. I can't prove it, but it may be what was holding my application up the first go round.
  • For those without a vaccination QR code, I would consider looking into your options about possibly getting one if possible. I was vaccinated at CVS and finally realized all I needed to do was make an account with them and I had free access to my vaccine QR code. Whole thing took like 10 minutes to get.
  • My opinion is that the main thing we are trying to accomplish is getting the QR from Thailand Pass. This is like the magic ticket. When I scan the Thailand Pass QR code, it has very little info pertaining to what was collected on the Thailand Pass system. There's nothing about hotels, insurance, visas, etc. It's just your basic bio info, and vaccine records. My theory is that if there's any holdup, it's probably happening in the vaccine area, as this seems to be the crux of the QR code from what I can see. Perhaps Thai workers will have access to greater/hidden metadata that isn't viewable when scanning the QR code? I could be wrong, but it seems like it's very limited.
  • I am still troubled by the wrong date listed on my TP, but I see that the confirmation email with QR code has an expiration date listed as Feb 2022, so maybe this isn't even an issue? The arrival date isn't even listed when visiting the resulting webpage from the QR code, so it doesn't seem to be something recorded with the QR code. I'm willing to take a chance on this minor detail since I could even just crop out the arrival date and only show the QR code, and from what I can tell there'd be no way of ascertaining the arrival date based on what comes up in the scan. Has anyone successfully got their date changed on a new QR code?

You are doing nothing but confuse a more confused Thai incompetent  immigration system. Good luck trying to explain all what you tried while your being denied boarding at the airport in the USA. You need to wait until these geniuses fix this mess. I cant get past first page for 4 straight days and I am in the USA.    

• Confused 1

So, I’ve just used Richards method, instant code sent but scanning it only gives my arrival date and a bunch of text, no “valid” remark.

Im a UK applicant and inserted the same vaccination document in all 4 windows. 

This was my 3rd application, the previous application gave me the 7 day wait (4 days already)

Ive still got a couple weeks till flying but stressed as I’ve rebooked dates already due to COE hiccups. 

Thanks to Richard,Salerno and many more that are contributing and helping us in this pitiful situation. 

Edited by Gold ticket
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SFSFSF said:

On facebook there is a discussion thread around a thailand support number

for the consular office.  (I talked to my local consulate LA/usa and they could not help).

It was mentioned that folks on the support number will try to help if you depart in the

next day or two, which is now my case.  Has anyone tried calling?

+6625728442

one person on the thread said not helpful, another said they were able receive a TP QR code.

I may call when it opens Thailand day and if that doesn't work, try AQ.  Thanks all for those tips.

If I may gently suggest, the root of the problem is not duplicate submissions IMHO...so let's not point fingers at each other here.  Dups are easily resolved with a freshman CS student's database script.  I'm pretty sure the contractors sold the government on a fully automated system, and it looks like it works for the EU where the contractors are from.  Staffing is/was not in place to manually pick up the pieces for the rest of the world.  With this theory, it's going to get worse over time until they program in every vaccine record quirk worldwide, as some folks have noted.  Hope we all soon get a nice Thai massage to heal all the stress.

Well I guess to no one's surprise, there is not a big pool of english speaking folks available to help via a consular phone line.  The phone number seemed legit and I sat in a queue for 13 minutes and then was told by a computer voice that no agents were available and the call dropped.  It became increasingly difficult/impossible to connect to the number via a skype voice call.  Sometimes it would miss my digit press to select an english speaking agent and continue on in thai language.  My best guess is anyone with some english skills is trying to help with the manual processing of applications.

I am going to sit tight until Saturday evening Thai time and then pull the trigger on the ASQ application in the hours before I head to the airport if I have no thailand pass by then.  Hope it works if I need it. Thanks again to folks here who found that workaround.

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How do you scan the QR code to get data?

my arrival date is correctly printed on my QR code, but scanning the code doesn’t show me anything useful.

I just pull up the QR code on my laptop, and then use the camera on my phone and it automatically detects it and there's a little button that pops up to press that brings me to the linked webpage. This is on an iPhone, so maybe different phones vary, but there's always a dedicated QR code reader app if all else fails.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gold ticket said:

So, I’ve just used Richards method, instant code sent but scanning it only gives my arrival date and a bunch of text, no “valid” remark.

Im a UK applicant and inserted the same vaccination document in all 4 windows. 

This was my 3rd application, the previous application gave me the 7 day wait (4 days already)

Ive still got a couple weeks till flying but stressed as I’ve rebooked dates already due to COE hiccups. 

Thanks to Richard,Salerno and many more that are contributing and helping us in this pitiful situation. 

I plan to bring copies of all required documents on my flight, in case there is a hiccup at Suvarnaphumi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EJ traveler said:

Takeaways/observations: 

When do you fly?

18 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

When do you fly?

I've not actually bought a plane ticket yet, as I wanted to wait and see when I could get confirmed with QR code first. I had initially hoped to fly on Nov 3 (why not try?) but that ambitious goal was quickly forgotten. My current plan is to fly out on Nov 6.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

I'll be damned, after trying 8x to do the "Test & Go" submission, I accidentally^^ tried your method and got the approval/QR immediately. At the very least, I'll be able to use this as a backup to at least board the flight while I continue to wait for (and probably submit a few more) Test & Go submissions in the meantime before my flight in a few days. 

Worst case scenario, they'll make me purchase and do 10 days q upon arrival, but I'm willing to do that if necessary.

Now if thousands more make this mistake^^(wink wink) it can only be to our advantage for obvious reasons. 

Unbelievable!! I had the same story. I have already registered full times from all sorts of different email addresses and received a registration confirmation but the QR code never! I just did what you recommended! In two minutes I received the QR code! Many thanks!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ronen said:

Unbelievable!! I had the same story. I have already registered full times from all sorts of different email addresses and received a registration confirmation but the QR code never! I just did what you recommended! In two minutes I received the QR code! Many thanks!

All credit goes to the member who originally posted this method. Happy travels!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EJ traveler said:

Can I ask (1) what type of visa (or re-entry permit) are you entering on, (2) what type of insurance do you have   and (3) what did you upload in terms of proof of insurance?

As thsiu seems the least clear area in terms of requirements

57 minutes ago, Thaiholi said:

Sydney to Bangkok (BKK) trip departing 4 Nov 2021

Thai Pass:

API error overcome by restarting Chrome

Kept saying successful when using my hotmail address but never received confirmation 
Finally confirmation after using gmail (2 Nov 2pm)
Approved via email containing QR pdf (3 Nov 9:36am)

At Sydney airport:
Syd Staff:
Will check docs required for the Thai Pass
Will want to see physical copies, or ask you to print (took me around 10mins as she wanted to see specific insurance clause against COVID, also i think i really overpaid with Covermore $250 as other tourists appeared to just buy local thai insurance!)

Can I ask:

(1) what type of insurance did you have and what type of insurance documentation did you provide?

(2) these local thai policies the others had - were they COVID only policies or general health insurance?

Thanks

34 minutes ago, ronen said:

@ronen  May I ask:

what type of visa are you traveling on , what type of insurance did you get and what type of insurance documentation did you submit?

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

@ronen  May I ask:

what type of visa are you traveling on , what type of insurance did you get and what type of insurance documentation did you submit?

I have an STV visa, But there is no connection to the approval. It was confirmed to me automatically by a bot! 

I have private health insurance from a European company (Not Thai).

But the bot did not go over it in my opinion. I am not at all convinced that there was any validation on my documents. The QR certificate arrived in just a minute along with the registration certificate.

• Like 1

Just now, ronen said:

I have an STV visa, But there is no connection to the approval. It was confirmed to me automatically by a bot! 

I have private health insurance from a European company (Not Thai).

But the bot did not go over it in my opinion. I am not at all convinced that there was any validation on my documents. The QR certificate arrived in just a minute along with the registration certificate.

However you must have uploaded some sort of insurance documentation. What did you upload? a one page certificate, the whole policy, or what?

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

However you must have uploaded some sort of insurance documentation. What did you upload? a one page certificate, the whole policy, or what?

Only one page. The last page that summarizes my details in English. This is a kind of official document in my opinion that presents the details of the policy in summary and in English

• Thanks 1

Just now, ronen said:

Only one page. The last page that summarizes my details in English. This is a kind of official document in my opinion that presents the details of the policy in summary and in English

Did this one page make any mention of COVID?

6 hours ago, Salerno said:

Good to hear.

Yeah, for some reason they've gone with graphics only. Probably easiest for you would be to convert online, plenty of sites such as https://www.ilovepdf.com/pdf_to_jpg (it will convert every page into a separate jpg then download them in a zip file).

You'll also probably hit the problem of only allowing one file upload per topic, if so, combine them online for example here https://products.aspose.app/pdf/merger/jpg-to-jpg.

If you end up with files too big to upload (shouldn't but just in case) compress them online for example here https://compressjpeg.com/.

I have no doubt you'll breeze through (once they iron the bugs out). Good luck ????

WOW! You're a Star, thank you, I will try ???? 

6 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

I believe you can do this on a platform called GIMP (I know, funny name) or you could print everything out from your PDF files and then scan it back to your computer as JPEG.

Thank you, with all they advice I am, thankfully, getting, I must come right ???? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This worked - Success..... 

Instead of filling out from the link of left most of the 3 sections [Exemption from Quarantine - Test and Go] (see screenshot below), I filled out the link of right most of the 3 sections [Alternative Quarantine] as you suggested flyguyryan...   

But, I didn’t use a 10 day quarantine booking. I just filled out the application exactly as I had all the other times (about 10x !).

I put in all my Vaccine Certificates & QR Codes (from Qatar), Put in the 1 night AQ hotel booking confirmation, Insurance Cert - submitted and received immediate conformation followed a few seconds later by Approval and the QR Code. 

The only single difference between this time and all the other times I’ve tried was was simply clicking on the [Alternative Quarantine] tab instead of the [Exemption from....] tab followed on from.

Immediately afterwards I re-submitted the application in exactly the same way and clicked on the [Alternative Quarantine] tab, input all the information in exactly the same way as every other submission (i.e. all the same info and attachments as previous submissions). Success again, received a QR code for both Wife and Son immediately afterwards. 

Recommendation: 

I’m not sure if this will work for others: But its definitely worth a try: 

Re-attempt submissions in exactly the same manner but go through the [Alternative Quarantine] tab.

Details: 

Mac Computer / Chrome Browser (No CORS override - that issue seems to have been fixed)

Vaccine Cert from both Qatar and Thailand worked (both had QR codes) (no vaccine cert for Son)

iCloud and G-mail e-mail accounts received the confirmation email and immediately after the approval e-mail. 

1231349588_Screenshot2021-11-04at22_37_43.thumb.png.80fd72f572a296549be08a23da9ae3de.png

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 22.48.09.png

Cheers buddy! I did this and I got the QR code before receiving the successful email. I'll keep checking and trying as well to get the Test & Go, but I think from seeing it its pretty much the same. I only entered 1 day for the hotel and showed only 1 day booking, less than what they wanted for 15,000 baht payment so if the test & go doesn't come through Ill just be using this.

Edited by frequent
  • Like 2

Going back to the AQ method, here is a copy of the email and it states at point 1.3 that if you don't have a valid PCR test you won't be exempted from quarantine, but still allowed in to Thailand but have to quarantine so by all accounts its still saying you can enter quarantine free stay in the one hotel for the one night and move around freely, provided obviously you test negative on arrival.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 05.44.19.png

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Can I ask:

(1) what type of insurance did you have and what type of insurance documentation did you provide?

(2) these local thai policies the others had - were they COVID only policies or general health insurance?

Thanks

1. Covermore Travel Insurance 

I printed both the 2 pages saying I have cover and also the PDS. Page 46 talks about covid, i believe. 

2. I think you can buy travel insurance from a thai provider and that's what they had. 

46 minutes ago, frequent said:

Going back to the AQ method, here is a copy of the email and it states at point 1.3 that if you don't have a valid PCR test you won't be exempted from quarantine, but still allowed in to Thailand but have to quarantine so by all accounts its still saying you can enter quarantine free stay in the one hotel for the one night and move around freely, provided obviously you test negative on arrival.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 05.44.19.png

I am on a SHA+ reservation and applied via the sandbox program as I'm only going to Phuket for 7 days and back. I am going to go this AQ route at the last minute if I don't have a QR code. I am worried if it says "alternative quarantine" at the bottom of the TP QR code, what implications that my have for me. 

11 minutes ago, sidgy said:

ive only submitted one application so far using my gmail account after reading problems with hotmail. 

worryingly, i haven't even received a confirmation email

I applied for Test and Go 1 hour ago with a G mail account. I have just found my confirmation email in the spam folder.

Edited by stubuzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am so happy that I have found this forum , I leave on Sunday , and after 6 applications still no pass. I followed all the suggestions of this forum (gmail account , AQ hotel , QR code as described , passport number

with some blanks etc,,) and immediately received the pass. So to all persons who are still waiting : read carefully all the suggestions of this forum and it should work. Good work from all the persons of this forum.

• Like 2