Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

They still haven't fixed this. I got this after submitting the first page that had my travel date on it. Using Chrome on an iMac.

I got around this error by using Chrome in incognito mode. 

JGA

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, EJ traveler said:

Been following this thread from Nov 1, and it's been very helpful. I thought I'd chime in here and share my experiences in hopes that it helps anyone else in the same boat. I'm based in the US, so my time frame for all this might be shifted slightly as this whole process actually began on the evening of Oct 31 for my time zone (Central Standard Time).

Oct 31 (21:00 local CST / 09:00 in BKK) - had lots of trouble and was getting the API error most others were getting in the early hours of program rollout. Never got a successful application in.

Nov 1 - following advice to use CORS plugin and add space after passport number, I finally got a success message on the application process. This was about 4pm local time (which would've been 4am Nov 2 in Thailand). No confirmation email however.

Nov 2 - finally get a welcome/registration email 17 hours after my initial success message (sent to my gmail account). Still no final QR code email.

Nov 3 - After still not getting any QR code for TP, I decide to try again with a different email address. This second application gets a welcome/registration email to my second email within minutes.

Nov 4 (overnight) - During the early morning hours, I receive not one but two TP confirmation emails with QR codes. I checked and they were both valid and active. The first came about 1am local time and the other came at 4am local time. The weird thing is that they both came to the same email address I had initially used for my first application. And they also both had the same arrival date (even though I had pushed my arrival date back on my second application.)

Nov 4 - Since both of these QR codes still listed the wrong arrival date, I decided to try my luck and do a third application in hopes of getting a corrected TP with the right date. I sent the application in at 7:45am this morning, and got a welcome email instantly. The QR code came via email about one hour later. Unfortunately, it still has the old arrival date.

Takeaways/observations: 

• For the third application made today, I didn't use the CORS plugin or put any spaces after my passport number. I think these early system hiccups have been fixed.
  • All three of my QR codes still say valid, so a new one being issued apparently didn't invalidate the old. In my experience, I don't think there's much harm in trying again if you would like to change one of the variables on your submission.
  • Admittedly, I failed to read the "fine print" on the instructions for the first application, and didn't realize that they were looking for a cropped QR code for the vaccination attachment page. I do think there is some merit to taking the time to get a good quality scannable and cropped QR code to upload to their site. I can't prove it, but it may be what was holding my application up the first go round.
  • For those without a vaccination QR code, I would consider looking into your options about possibly getting one if possible. I was vaccinated at CVS and finally realized all I needed to do was make an account with them and I had free access to my vaccine QR code. Whole thing took like 10 minutes to get.
  • My opinion is that the main thing we are trying to accomplish is getting the QR from Thailand Pass. This is like the magic ticket. When I scan the Thailand Pass QR code, it has very little info pertaining to what was collected on the Thailand Pass system. There's nothing about hotels, insurance, visas, etc. It's just your basic bio info, and vaccine records. My theory is that if there's any holdup, it's probably happening in the vaccine area, as this seems to be the crux of the QR code from what I can see. Perhaps Thai workers will have access to greater/hidden metadata that isn't viewable when scanning the QR code? I could be wrong, but it seems like it's very limited.
  • I am still troubled by the wrong date listed on my TP, but I see that the confirmation email with QR code has an expiration date listed as Feb 2022, so maybe this isn't even an issue? The arrival date isn't even listed when visiting the resulting webpage from the QR code, so it doesn't seem to be something recorded with the QR code. I'm willing to take a chance on this minor detail since I could even just crop out the arrival date and only show the QR code, and from what I can tell there'd be no way of ascertaining the arrival date based on what comes up in the scan. Has anyone successfully got their date changed on a new QR code?

Just a quick update on my situation. This morning out of the blue I received a fourth Thailand Pass QR code via email, this time with the correct arrival date (thank God). To my knowledge, I never sent in more than three applications that got the initial approval message, so this fourth one is a bit baffling. Maybe someone eventually got around to looking at the application directly and sent the updated QR code manually? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, EJ traveler said:

I would be very careful in recommending this option. It is unproven as of yet, and you may very well be signing up for a 10-day hotel booking in quarantine. I sincerely hope it works out for those with this QR code, but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable getting on an airplane without the assurance that I will be able to bypass the 10-day quarantine. If you read the requirements listed for alternative quarantine, they're basically non-existent. Just about anybody can get instant approval. 

What the entire purpose of the Thailand Pass QR code is to be declared exempted from quarantine under the more stringent requirements. Just because you receive a QR code doesn't mean you will be exempted from 10-day quarantine. It is not merely a QR code that we're after, but a QR code that grants us exemption from quarantine. I received the QR code under the Test and Go option, and it specifically says I am exempted from quarantine. (The one night stay at the hotel should not be confused with quarantine. The standard/default quarantine appears to be 10 days.)

So, if you were not lucky enough to receive a QR code via Test and Go, which of these would you do?

A) Get a QR code via Alternative Quarantine; or

B) cancel your bookings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twin Peaks said:

I had the same issue. Try incognito mode in Chrome. I was able to successfully submit on the 1st try. Unfortunately no code yet after 3 days.

Tried incognito mode with Chrome and same error message on that second page.

6 hours ago, EJ traveler said:

I would be very careful in recommending this option. It is unproven as of yet, and you may very well be signing up for a 10-day hotel booking in quarantine. I sincerely hope it works out for those with this QR code, but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable getting on an airplane without the assurance that I will be able to bypass the 10-day quarantine. If you read the requirements listed for alternative quarantine, they're basically non-existent. Just about anybody can get instant approval. 

What the entire purpose of the Thailand Pass QR code is to be declared exempted from quarantine under the more stringent requirements. Just because you receive a QR code doesn't mean you will be exempted from 10-day quarantine. It is not merely a QR code that we're after, but a QR code that grants us exemption from quarantine. I received the QR code under the Test and Go option, and it specifically says I am exempted from quarantine. (The one night stay at the hotel should not be confused with quarantine. The standard/default quarantine appears to be 10 days.)

All ok if the system works. Right now the system is broken and the Thai consular affairs officers know this.

When showing documents of full vaccination and a 1 night quarantine package I very much doubt they will insist on the full 10 days, always a risk but less so than not receiving a QR code at all at the moment. 

The QR Code gets you onto an Aircraft, the rest can be dealt with on the ground in Thailand. I’d be happy to take that risk. 

The Thai forums are as busy as this forum is regarding Thailand Pass and people wishing to get home, a few have posted that they received their QR code after their departure flight (which they couldn’t take). 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JGA said:

I got around this error by using Chrome in incognito mode. 

JGA

Chrome in incognito mode gave the same api error on second page. Got it to work with Safari in normal mode. Submitted. Now will wait like the rest of you.

7 hours ago, raptorea said:

Well I submitted for the test and go and got the wait 7 days email, I have the paper card for vaccine from USA with no QR codes so I think I am SOL. I will have to book the 10 day stay in jail instead!!! and pay an extra 500.00 usd to do so. At this point I dont care my wife and daughter are there and I dont care what it takes I will get back!

There is better plan B option: 

Apply in exactly the same way as you have been with the ‘Test and Go’ link but instead use the ‘Alternative Quarantine Link’ - do everything the same, submit the same Vaccine certificate, the same 1 night AQ booking, the same Insurance documents.

IF the current ‘trend’ continues you ‘should’ get an immediate Thailand Pass Approval for Alternative Quarantine - that QR code opens the door... it gets you on a plane, when landing its quite possible that the human at the other end sees your vaccine certificate and that supersedes the duration stated on the Thailand Pass (which everyone knows is currently a very faulty system). 

Definitely worth a risk if you are prepared to do 10 days quarantine anyway. 

In the mean time the Test and Go ‘Exemption from Quarantine’ approval may arrive, but just incase it doesn’t your plan B is in place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marjf said:

I'm not risking it.  Have been at the wrong end of jobsworth immigration officers before.  But guessing it is the luck of the draw ...   If enough people do it it will be normalised.  Just a question of if you want to be a pioneer. 

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is better plan B option: 

Apply in exactly the same way as you have been with the ‘Test and Go’ link but instead use the ‘Alternative Quarantine Link’ - do everything the same, submit the same Vaccine certificate, the same 1 night AQ booking, the same Insurance documents.

IF the current ‘trend’ continues you ‘should’ get an immediate Thailand Pass Approval for Alternative Quarantine - that QR code opens the door... it gets you on a plane, when landing its quite possible that the human at the other end sees your vaccine certificate and that supersedes the duration stated on the Thailand Pass (which everyone knows is currently a very faulty system). 

Definitely worth a risk if you are prepared to do 10 days quarantine anyway. 

In the mean time the Test and Go ‘Exemption from Quarantine’ approval may arrive, but just incase it doesn’t your plan B is in place. 

Well the biggest risk is 1. What if no dates are available for the 10 days that you have not pre booked an 2. You risk being charged a rack rate $ at the mercy of the hotel.  But I hear you on the back up plan.  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nechav said:

Not sure why you're just repeating the same thing. If I don't get a QR code I have to a. either cancel the trip or b. go with my AQ QR code and hope the Thais don't force me to quarantine. 

If your choice is to either cancel your booking, or fly to Thailand using a AQ QR code, what do you do? Let’s assume you leave today ….…

Success!!!!

Yes, the system is definitely automated. I attached a cropped out QR code for Dose 1 and Dose 2.
I additionally changed Accommodation from SHA+ to AQ Hotel, (on the Accommodation page in the Test & Go section), and it returned a response mail and a Thailand Pass QR Code within seconds.

Thanks to @ Alan2969 (he was the first one I saw mentioning this, could have been others before…), @Pepper9187 for confirmation of this method working, and all of you that have suggested cropping out the QR code from the vaccination certificate and upload that.

I initially applied this Tuesday and got an immediate email response that Thailand Pass had received my application and a result of my application would be 7 working days. After reading here that the system most likely is automated, I figured I’d do a second application.

The only things I changed from my first application was to crop out the QR code from my vaccination certificate and upload that. And checked Alternative Quarantine instead of SHA+

I’d also like to thank the ones that have suggested that if you only have a vaccination certificate for your second dose, then attach the same document and QR code for dose 1 and dose 2. That was my exact predicament, having a European certificate that only has a QR code and date for your second dose.

• Thanks 1

So i booked a hotel at Agoda, because i was a bit worried i won´t get any AQ/SHA+ room for my arrival day. The confirmation mail says it´s already paid, but not in english, while the booking on Agoda website writes it´s paid (in english). The confirmation that the PCR test is included in the price appears only in a mouse-over menue.

I´m stupid because when i came home from work i saw that there are still many rooms available. Should i cancel the Agoda booking and book directly at another hotel?

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If you are worried, you can apply under Alternative Quarantine for Test and Go.

02B13E42-9584-418E-880D-8361381FAF26.png

Thanks buddy, that's my plan if nothing else works. I'll be glad to get feedback from people who try that option prior to my departure ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

it gets you on a plane, when landing its quite possible that the human at the other end sees your vaccine certificate and that supersedes the duration stated on the Thailand Pass (which everyone knows is currently a very faulty system). 

I guess the airline staff might check wether you booked AQ for 10 days prior to departure? or only at arrival maybe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, atomHKT said:

I guess the airline staff might check wether you booked AQ for 10 days prior to departure? or only at arrival maybe...

I am sure that everyone who has a TP QR code via the Alternative Quarantine method has also applied via the normal Test and Go; if they eventually receive a QR code via Test and Go, they will use that to travel. If they don’t, they will use the QR code they do have, and take their chances at the Airport and in Thailand.

Do you have anything helpful to add?

7 hours ago, drenddy said:

I am thinking to apply for my thai wife.We don't know travel dates yet, but I just want to see, whether the system works, in case of urgent travel.

So, you suggest to upload QR code after 2nd vaccination for both QR codes?

Did you have hotel accomodation from agoda or directly from hotel?Can I use the booking reference from Agoda?

We've indeed used a cropped QR code from Vaccination #2 where they ask for the zoomed in Qr codes (for both of them). 
We did have an Agoda booking confirmation for a 1 night quarantine including pcr, airport pickup etc. We've made 1 JPG file including both the booking confirmation and the invoice (both can be downloaded separately from Agoda). Although we did change the documents a bit to make sure all relevant text is in English... and also to feature both names (we travel with 2).

booking-conf.jpg

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am sure that everyone who has a TP QR code via the Alternative Quarantine method has also applied via the normal Test and Go; if they eventually receive a QR code via Test and Go, they will use that to travel. If they don’t, they will use the QR code they do have, and take their chances at the Airport and in Thailand.

Do you have anything helpful to add?

Ok, you try it and let us know. 

Screen Shot 2564-11-06 at 01.16.49.png

• Like 1