Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

You can generate a new one can't you?

If I generate a QR today its valid for 30 days, i.e 6th Dec but I travel on 19th Dec. Can I upload this QR code onto the Thailand Pass website and generate a new one a few days before I fly ?

Just now, Chelseafan said:

If I generate a QR today its valid for 30 days, i.e 6th Dec but I travel on 19th Dec. Can I upload this QR code onto the Thailand Pass website and generate a new one a few days before I fly ?

No idea how they would handle it and personally I would leave applying until closer to the date. No need to apply more than a month out, a lot can happen in that time.

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

No idea how they would handle it and personally I would leave applying until closer to the date. No need to apply more than a month out, a lot can happen in that time.

Okay dokey, I'll hold fire. Thanks for your assistance.

7 minutes ago, Pirate65 said:

Same for me. When I heard that passes were being issued for flight dates well past mine I really felt that I was lost in the system. Support@ replied within the hour with the Pass. Nice to know that I’m not alone in the misery of the last week. I have said sorry to the cat !

Good to know! When do you fly?

18 minutes ago, Pirate65 said:

Same for me. When I heard that passes were being issued for flight dates well past mine I really felt that I was lost in the system. Support@ replied within the hour with the Pass. Nice to know that I’m not alone in the misery of the last week. I have said sorry to the cat !

Hasn’t worked for me - I emailed them nearly 5 hours ago and still nothing. Applications submitted 1st & 3rd November, UK NHS vaccination, Test & Go with AQ hotel on Agoda confirmation.  Hoping to fly on 13th November…

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DavidMS said:

Hasn’t worked for me - I emailed them nearly 5 hours ago and still nothing. Applications submitted 1st & 3rd November, UK NHS vaccination, Test & Go with AQ hotel on Agoda confirmation.  Hoping to fly on 13th November…

I heard that seeing the PCR Test had been included in the hotel confirmation was important point for the Pass Team.   I had to wait until Friday before receiving from the hotel the SHAPLUS confirmation letter with 1 night, transport and PCR Test shown although prior applications were with a screenshot of Agoda booking. I also paid £50 for the AXA travel insurance as they email you a basic certificate with info they like to see. My Revolut Metal insurance was rejected. Reason given as not acceptable. 

I have no idea which of the 6 prior applications they looked at to finally approve the Pass. On the email I gave them full name, passport number, nationality, departure and arrival date and email address used in application.  Plus a grovelling tearful plea for clemency. Hope you get lucky.. I share your misery and frustration. I have lost a week of my life with the stress and seeing as I’m well past my sell by date I could have done without. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pirate65 said:

I heard that seeing the PCR Test had been included in the hotel confirmation was important point for the Pass Team.   I had to wait until Friday before receiving from the hotel the SHAPLUS confirmation letter with 1 night, transport and PCR Test shown although prior applications were with a screenshot of Agoda booking. I also paid £50 for the AXA travel insurance as they email you a basic certificate with info they like to see. My Revolut Metal insurance was rejected. Reason given as not acceptable. 

I have no idea which of the 6 prior applications they looked at to finally approve the Pass. On the email I gave them full name, passport number, nationality, departure and arrival date and email address used in application.  Plus a grovelling tearful plea for clemency. Hope you get lucky.. I share your misery and frustration. I have lost a week of my life with the stress and seeing as I’m well past my sell by date I could have done without. 

Thanks - glad you’ve been successful and can now look forward to your trip. My Agoda AQ booking confirmation shows the transport and test included so hopefully they’ll accept that. Hoping that the proof of cover letter for my HSBC bank account travel insurance will be accepted as it mentions £10m cover for COVID but no dates as it is ongoing cover.. If I haven’t heard back from them by tomorrow morning maybe I need to try submitting yet another application as if I’m rejected I’m running out of time to fix any issues and resubmit…

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Theoretically the expiry date on the QR code doesn't matter. That applies for its use internally in the UK and is not relevant for overseas travel. I read that on the the gov.uk website. But the Thais may not necessarily understand that.

In the NHS App, your COVID-19 status includes a 2D barcode. The expiry date does not apply to your vaccination status. Any expiry date refers only to the barcode and will update automatically each time you go into the NHS App.

Your COVID-19 status includes a 2D barcode. The expiry date does not apply to your vaccination status. Any expiry date refers only to the barcode and will update automatically. If you download and print a copy, the expiry date will eventually show as expired and will not automatically refresh.

Edited by Tuvoc

10 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Theoretically the expiry date on the QR code doesn't matter. That applies for its use internally in the UK and is not relevant for overseas travel. I read that on the the gov.uk website. But the Thais may not necessarily understand that.

In the NHS App, your COVID-19 status includes a 2D barcode. The expiry date does not apply to your vaccination status. Any expiry date refers only to the barcode and will update automatically each time you go into the NHS App.

Your COVID-19 status includes a 2D barcode. The expiry date does not apply to your vaccination status. Any expiry date refers only to the barcode and will update automatically. If you download and print a copy, the expiry date will eventually show as expired and will not automatically refresh.

Thanks. I understand all that. I'm more worried about uploading the vaccine certificate with an expiry 2D barcode date of 6th Dec. If the Thai authorities notice that and see I am travelling on 19th dec (whereby that particular barcode would have expired) will they still authorise me to travel or not.

Just had mine rejected ???? fly on the 12th applied on the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th 

reason for rejection is my middle name is not on my nhs covid cert unlike my passport. This is not unusual in the uk 

im so over it, I’ve got my blagged AQ pass if all else fails. They can deal with me in person when im there. I’m just not interested anymore 

I’m not even stressed, I’ve invested in Thailand not that it makes any difference to them and unfortunately I can’t just turn my back and walk away but if this was not the case I would never ever bother with the place after all this. What an absolute joke. I know Thai’s who are so red faced about all this so much so they have called me to say sorry on behalf of government.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, nikita22 said:

reason for rejection is my middle name is not on my nhs covid cert unlike my passport. This is not unusual in the uk 

Ouch !  That is the same with me. So I have this complication to look forward to when I apply.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, nikita22 said:

im so over it, I’ve got my blagged AQ pass if all else fails. They can deal with me in person when im there. I’m just not interested anymore 

I’m not even stressed, I’ve invested in Thailand not that it makes any difference to them and unfortunately I can’t just turn my back and walk away but if this was not the case I would never ever bother with the place after all this. What an absolute joke. I know Thai’s who are so red faced about all this so much so they have called me to say sorry on behalf of government.  

That’s crazy - just checked my NHS  certificate and no middle name either so would appear it’s standard for it not to be included. This must be an error on the Thais’ part - maybe email them and tell them that UK vaccination certificates don’t include middle names?  If I’m going to be rejected for that reason also I hope they hurry up and do it so I can at least argue my case…

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DavidMS said:

That’s crazy - just checked my NHS  certificate and no middle name either so would appear it’s standard for it not to be included. This must be an error on the Thais’ part - maybe email them and tell them that UK vaccination certificates don’t include middle names?  If I’m going to be rejected for that reason also I hope they hurry up and do it so I can at least argue my case…

You can’t argue…… it’s simply start again “Thai style” 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, leelee77 said:

UPDATE

finally received test and go Qr code

After speaking on the phone with them was told 

Gmail is the easiest for them to receive and respond to, had all ready applied for test and go using Gmail so they said to send email to them.

[email protected] 

this is the email I sent to, sending all documents again and included name, passport number, date of birth and date of arrival. 

about 1 hour later received QR code

Thanks for posting this. I emailed support and literally within a minute i received a reply with the QR-code attached.

So to anyone still waiting, just send an email to support!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Velleman said:

Thanks for posting this. I emailed support and literally within a minute i received a reply with the QR-code attached.

What date’s your flight and which country is your vaccine certificate from as I’ve still received no response from the support email re my flight on the 13th November? ????

Edited by DavidMS
Grammar correction

27 minutes ago, nikita22 said:

Keep us posted on the result.

• Like 1

I’m due to fly back to Thailand on the 13th (entering on 14th). No QR code. I applied on 2 November with all required documents.

I work in Thailand with Digital Work Permit. BOI company, which is partnered with a UK investment firm. And I need to be back for work.

When should I start panicking?

What options do I have in pursuing them for approval?

Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

J

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nikita22 said:

Same here and with everyone from the UK i would think. Only ones which will be the same are those without a middle name.

Anyone from UK received a pass with this discrepancy?

Edited by rem888

22 minutes ago, Velleman said:

I did. No response unfortunately.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

I’m due to fly back to Thailand on the 13th (entering on 14th). No QR code. I applied on 2 November with all required documents.

I work in Thailand with Digital Work Permit. BOI company, which is partnered with a UK investment firm. And I need to be back for work.

When should I start panicking?

What options do I have in pursuing them for approval?

Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

J

I fly on the 10th.

i applied every day, starting on the 1st.

I just received approval for the application submitted on the 4th.

11 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Can you share which hotel?  For just a few hours, I (and I'm sure many here) want the cheapest possible one, and under 5k for the whole package is great...

Also, did you arrive using COE or TP?

You have to actually stay overnight I beleive (but you would have paid for it anyway). It was Green Park Resort Pattaya. Booked direct with them and their confirmation and email instructions for procedure at airport were very clear. I used Thai Pass which was issued at 5:45pm on Tuesday and my flight was for 11:50am Wednesday. Arrival in Thailand with TP was very easy. 

• Like 2