Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

I said I wouldn't recommend this and I'm not - I'm just saying it could be a solution if you just need a ticket for entry.  Select an airline that is actually operating flights though ????.

https://aironwardticket.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3FB3NFjdbn7HgwACLTUbQdWCM9iaMtvBcqHwi_h2TAed2RqR75ZnIhoCo2gQAvD_BwE

<deleted> is that hahah.

Thanks, that raises a lot of questions, will do in last resort.

My first option is to amend my current booking for a return within 29 days and then amending it again later on.

It's free to amend the booking (given the new flight costs the same) however it's unclear if it's a one time thing only or if you can do it as many times as you want.

Will give them a call tomorrow.

For those reporting that the dates are wrong on their application, I thought I read somewhere on here that although the dates were wrong on the email they received, when they accessed the information associated with the QR-code, the dates are correct.

I haven't received a QR-code yet so I don't know if what I'm saying is correct or if I misunderstood what was being said.

6 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

Exactly. Not taking that chance!

We need to hear from others who have applied yesterday or today. From Norway and other countries. Are the dates wrong or correct?

Can someone talk to the developers, or say Richard Barrow?

I'd love to help but whenever I've tried to contact anyone official in Thailand I've rarely even got an acknowledgement.  Having said that, I wrote to the TAT yesterday and actually got a reply today - they even answered my question ???? .

As far as I know, the MFA are responsible for the Thailand Pass website, their contact numbers are available through a Google search but I think you'll be steered back to the helplines.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, donx said:

For those reporting that the dates are wrong on their application, I thought I read somewhere on here that although the dates were wrong on the email they received, when they accessed the information associated with the QR-code, the dates are correct.

I haven't received a QR-code yet so I don't know if what I'm saying is correct or if I misunderstood what was being said.

No, the dates are all wrong when accessing the page referred in the QR code.

10 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

No, the dates are all wrong when accessing the page referred in the QR code.

Sorry to hear that. When you access the page referred to in the QR code, does it show the documents you uploaded?

10 minutes ago, donx said:

Sorry to hear that. When you access the page referred to in the QR code, does it show the documents you uploaded?

No, it does not. Maybe if you are logged in to the system, but I doubt the airline can see more than I can?

Edited by goldmagpie
Spelling

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I arrived at BKK tonight. The process was similar to the COE system. 

Not a big change from last time I arrived. 

My taxi from the airport stopped at a hospital for my RT-PCR test (at 1 in the morning). I should have results by noon. 

Welcome back....

Your support, questions and information provided offered to this thread needs to be commended...

Thank you....

2 hours ago, donx said:

Someone posted that his wife's name was wrong but when he scanned the QR, it was correct - is that what you were thinking of?  I scanned my friend's QR and her daughter's - all the dates were wrong by one day.

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Someone posted that his wife's name was wrong but when he scanned the QR, it was correct - is that what you were thinking of?  I scanned my friend's QR and her daughter's - all the dates were wrong by one day.

Maybe that is what I remember reading.

Hi all!  Just to add my experience since I found others’ informative.

1. Booked flight ahead of time, I ended up needing this for the hotel.
  2. Booked insurance - AXA Thailand “Sawasdee” cheaper package, basically travel insurance plus the COVID thing, about 18K Baht for 200-something days.  Starting date is my day of departure (not arrival) and ending is about ten days after my extension will expire, a month after my return flight.  Got certificate instantly.
  3. Booked Elegant Bangkok Airport Hotel for Test and Go package, had real-time human assistance, paid 3900 baht with Wise app, got the letter within 15 minutes.
  4. Applied for Thailand Pass about 7am EU time today: I’m American so I uploaded the CDC thing (a photo of it) and also my California digital vaccine certificate (as “dose two” document, since both documents mention both doses) and the QR code from that for both.  Plus flight confirmation, hotel confirmation, insurance certificate, passport.  All as JPEG.  Used my Apple email address. Answered all questions truthfully, not that there were many.
  5. Received confirmation and case number immediately.
  6. Received approval and Thailand Pass QR code just now, 11pm.

That was much faster than I expected, and gives me hope maybe they’ve worked through the backlog.  Or, maybe the requests are handled based on country of departure and leaving from a small country without many Thailand-bound tourists is an advantage.

I hope it goes this smoothly for everyone now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noknmai said:

Applied Monday 8th in the morning and got my QR code this evening.

UK Passport holder, no middle name or passport number on my NHS vaccine doc.

Seems to me to be fairly drama free...

I also got my Pass without a problem (6 hours) but that does not mean its drama free - it simply means that ours was.  As you may have read, people, including a friend of mine have correctly entered their details and made multiple applications but each time their passes came back with the wrong dates on them - flight dates, arrival dates, vaccination dates, every date they'd entered, all out by one day. There are bugs in the system that seem to affect some but not others.

I noticed they'd made some changes to the date selection system, can't say if that's caused this problem or not but its clear the problems are real.

Edited by KhaoYai

5 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Damn i've been trying to look for a cheap airasia flight from BKK to vietnam or KL or penang and i can't find anything.

Have they completely stop these flights because of the covid ? Where could i book, any idea !?

I have no idea what happened with the link I posted before - I copied and pasted it but it seems corrupted.

This is the correct one:

https://onwardticket.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3G9uLoTybOxo8pYFH468ZLCFCdi8o8zkl0R0DTTSjken11aeTNnukxoCTOsQAvD_BwE

I believe there are several similar companies.

Edited by KhaoYai

Hey everyone, I got my Thailand Pass QR Code within 45 minutes of applying and thought I'll share how I got it done and hopefully demystify it a little for you. Please do note that given my background in the media, I do know my way around Photoshop which helped. I'm just sharing EXACTLY what I did if you have a better way, sweet ass for you. ????????

Preparing the documents

1. Use Photoshop to convert all the documents needed into JPEG format for the automated system to read it easily. 
  2. Given that my vaccination certificate was given on one sheet of paper for both doses including the QR code, I had to apply some Photoshop skills to split it into four photos (Dose 1.jpg, Dose 2.jpg and QR code 1.jpg, QR Code 2.jpg). This last part will make more sense later in the submission section. For the QR code, I cropped it exactly as a square. No borders.

Note: I strongly recommend using a scanner to scan all the documents (at 150dpi should do it). Even better if your scanner does it in JPEG format directly. 150dpi resolution will keep the file size within the upload limit set by Thailand Pass. 

Submission of documents

Logon to https://tp.consular.go.th/ Below is a description of each section.

1. Choose the plan - Test and Go (for myself)
  2. Purpose of arrival - Fill in your information as necessary. Don't bother with spaces after 'this' or 'that'. Just fill it in as you would any other online form. 
  3. Personal information - Fill in your personal details. The important part here is submitting your passport photo. I used a scanned photo of my passport information page only cropped to 800px x 500px.
  4. Vaccination - This is the tricky part. Make sure you have your photo files named separately like I mentioned above in the preparation section. Upload your Dose 1.jpg followed by your QR code 1.jpg. Do the same for Dose 2.
  5. Contact and Accommodation - For this part make sure your confirmation letter from your hotel explicitly mentions COVID PCR Test is included. Make sure the letter includes the SHA+ stamps along with confirmation of payment (please see the attached photo)
  6. Insurance - This is the tricky part as the Thailand Pass wants to see that your Insurance certificate specifically says that it meets the TH govt's COVID coverage of US$50,000. I had to apply twice because I thought this was the problem. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but in the first application I only submitted the certificate that specified my in patient and out patient coverage (it needs to be stated separately, the TH govt's a stickler for this bit). 

Hope the above information helped. Goodluck everyone! ????????

TH pass 45 mins.jpg

passport eg.jpg

ASQ-hotel-confirmation-eg.jpg

Edited by mando686
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FalangTingTong said:

Hi all!  Just to add my experience since I found others’ informative.

1. Booked flight ahead of time, I ended up needing this for the hotel.
  2. Booked insurance - AXA Thailand “Sawasdee” cheaper package, basically travel insurance plus the COVID thing, about 18K Baht for 200-something days.  Starting date is my day of departure (not arrival) and ending is about ten days after my extension will expire, a month after my return flight.  Got certificate instantly.
  3. Booked Elegant Bangkok Airport Hotel for Test and Go package, had real-time human assistance, paid 3900 baht with Wise app, got the letter within 15 minutes.
  4. Applied for Thailand Pass about 7am EU time today: I’m American so I uploaded the CDC thing (a photo of it) and also my California digital vaccine certificate (as “dose two” document, since both documents mention both doses) and the QR code from that for both.  Plus flight confirmation, hotel confirmation, insurance certificate, passport.  All as JPEG.  Used my Apple email address. Answered all questions truthfully, not that there were many.
  5. Received confirmation and case number immediately.
  6. Received approval and Thailand Pass QR code just now, 11pm.

That was much faster than I expected, and gives me hope maybe they’ve worked through the backlog.  Or, maybe the requests are handled based on country of departure and leaving from a small country without many Thailand-bound tourists is an advantage.

I hope it goes this smoothly for everyone now!

I’m in Maryland and they use a system called MyIR Mobile to store vaccination records, but the system currently isn’t compatible with the QR code verification system, so I submitted photos of the CDC vaccination documents. I think this causes delays in the processing of applications.

I have a question for you about the document you provided as proof of insurance. For AXA I received 2 different certificates - one that is tabular with a heading labeled THE SCHEDULE in a dark blue background preceded by some Thai script and another that is more like a letter starting with the phrase “To Who It may concern”. Which of these did you upload with your application.?

15 minutes ago, donx said:For AXA I received 2 different certificates - one that is tabular with a heading labeled THE SCHEDULE in a dark blue background preceded by some Thai script and another that is more like a letter starting with the phrase “To Who It may concern”. Which of these did you upload with your application.?

Not the “schedule” one with the Thai writing.  Assuming you got what I got, you will notice the letter has two important things:

The policy number, which you need for the application; and an unambiguous statement that the COVID insurance requirement is met.

They could highlight them better, but both are present.

I submitted Thailand Pass applications for my wife and I yesterday, early pm.   Just got the QR codes this afternoon.   ????   FYI, I am in the US, and even though I submitted CVS provided vaccination QR codes they are, unverifiable, as far as I understand as the US does not provide access to the information.   So, that should ally some concerns stated here with folks from countries that are not providing Thailand with vaccination information verification.   This forum was amazingly helpful in my doing this correctly, so thanks to everyone.  I found the process easier (with all of the tips here) than the CoE and, certainly, the turnaround time is much better (we waited weeks for the CoE approval, only to get them four days before travel).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, FalangTingTong said:

Not the “schedule” one with the Thai writing.  Assuming you got what I got, you will notice the letter has two important things:

The policy number, which you need for the application; and an unambiguous statement that the COVID insurance requirement is met.

They could highlight them better, but both are present.

OK, I'm going to resubmit for my daughter using the insurance "letter" you recommend. I also have a vaccination certificate from the State of Maryland for her that is probably better than the photo of the CDC vaccination card. I also put both the Agoda booking confirmation with the Test & Go confirmation from the hotel into a single JPEG as proof of booking the SHA+ hotel with the Test & Go package.

Hopefully this results in a faster response. If it does then I'll do the same for my wife and son. I submitted their applications yesterday whereas I just recently resubmitted my daughters because when I went to check the status, it said it hadn't been received. My guess for that is her Access Code started with a zero. I've seen software that can't handle leading zeros in numbers, but is it just a guess. After resubmitting hers today, I immediately checked the status and it said it was being reviewed.

Wish me luck.

10 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

There appears to be a new bug in the Thailand Pass system.

I've just been talking to a friend in Norway (Thai) - she's made 3 applications today - all of them approved and all of them have every date 1 day out.  Her date of birth is wrong, date of arrival, dates of both vaccines - all 1 day before they should be.  She thought she'd done something wrong - hence trying 3 times but each time its come back the same. She's flying with her daughter and her Pass is the same - 1 day out.

I got this too, very annoying. that was from an application I made last Sunday that was approved this morning.

so I resubmitted. looks like they made a few changes to the system because I was approved within a couple minutes and the dates are correct now.

47 minutes ago, donx said:

Wonderful. Now I'm getting "api server error" every time I select the Submit button on the final form.

Anyone else having this issue right now? I hope it's a temporary problem.

I'm using Brave browser (shields down) on a Galaxy S21+. no API server error. 

this post might offer a solution assuming you're using Chrome browser...

48 minutes ago, donx said:

Wonderful. Now I'm getting "api server error" every time I select the Submit button on the final form.

Anyone else having this issue right now? I hope it's a temporary problem.

I found a "work-around" to this error. Evidentially, this error was happening often at the beginning. After installing the suggested Chrome extension, instead of getting the "api server error", I got an error stating that the application had submitted 2 times already. I guess I'll have to wait until I either get the QR codes or the applications get rejected.

3 hours ago, mando686 said:

Hey everyone, I got my Thailand Pass QR Code within 45 minutes of applying and thought I'll share how I got it done and hopefully demystify it a little for you. Please do note that given my background in the media, I do know my way around Photoshop which helped. I'm just sharing EXACTLY what I did if you have a better way, sweet ass for you. ????????

Preparing the documents

1. Use Photoshop to convert all the documents needed into JPEG format for the automated system to read it easily. 
  2. Given that my vaccination certificate was given on one sheet of paper for both doses including the QR code, I had to apply some Photoshop skills to split it into four photos (Dose 1.jpg, Dose 2.jpg and QR code 1.jpg, QR Code 2.jpg). This last part will make more sense later in the submission section. For the QR code, I cropped it exactly as a square. No borders.

Note: I strongly recommend using a scanner to scan all the documents (at 150dpi should do it). Even better if your scanner does it in JPEG format directly. 150dpi resolution will keep the file size within the upload limit set by Thailand Pass. 

Submission of documents

Logon to https://tp.consular.go.th/ Below is a description of each section.

1. Choose the plan - Test and Go (for myself)
  2. Purpose of arrival - Fill in your information as necessary. Don't bother with spaces after 'this' or 'that'. Just fill it in as you would any other online form. 
  3. Personal information - Fill in your personal details. The important part here is submitting your passport photo. I used a scanned photo of my passport information page only cropped to 800px x 500px.
  4. Vaccination - This is the tricky part. Make sure you have your photo files named separately like I mentioned above in the preparation section. Upload your Dose 1.jpg followed by your QR code 1.jpg. Do the same for Dose 2.
  5. Contact and Accommodation - For this part make sure your confirmation letter from your hotel explicitly mentions COVID PCR Test is included. Make sure the letter includes the SHA+ stamps along with confirmation of payment (please see the attached photo)
  6. Insurance - This is the tricky part as the Thailand Pass wants to see that your Insurance certificate specifically says that it meets the TH govt's COVID coverage of US$50,000. I had to apply twice because I thought this was the problem. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but in the first application I only submitted the certificate that specified my in patient and out patient coverage (it needs to be stated separately, the TH govt's a stickler for this bit). 

Hope the above information helped. Goodluck everyone! ????????

TH pass 45 mins.jpg

passport eg.jpg

ASQ-hotel-confirmation-eg.jpg

Good post.

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

They also complained that i had made 2 applications!

That particularly rich of them considering the Thailand Pass application system was so utterly broken at the beginning...

I perhaps made about 15 attempted applications in the first 4 days...   why did I need to do that ? because the system was utterly rubbish and we were flying very soon and I wondered if the existing applications were not jammed due to wrong spacing before / after Passport numbers or QR codes or JPGs were not clear enough. 

• Like 1