Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

One thing I have been wondering about is what happens when, and if, large numbers of tourists return to Thailand for people who are not proficient in English. I am thinking of some of Thailand's main targets- Russians and Chinese, but there are many others. Tour groups will be alright because the tour companies will sort it out. Not all Chinese tourists, however, come in groups; quite a number were independent tourists.

China has a digital certificate for those vaccinated which includes English, but whether this will satisfy Thailand Pass I do not know.

For Chinese there is no hurry.  There will be no tourist until after the Winter Olympics in February. You can take that to the bank. I have even seen a suggestion that China will not allow outbound travel until after the Asian Games in September.  That remains to be seen.

But as I said there are many others for whom language will be an issue in using Thailand Pass.

My wife just received a second QR code. This one I confirm corresponds to her second registration I submitted on November 10 that provided an access code. When I check the status it says "approved" and includes a link to download the PDF that includes the new QR code. Also my daughter received a second QR code, but I can't be sure if it corresponds to her second or third registration. That's because the access code from her second submission returns the error "The information is not registered" and the status of her third submission says "reviewing". My son is still waiting for a QR code from one of his 4 registrations.

On the first page of the registration system is the question "Estimated date of departure from Thailand".

Should one be aware of the duration of one's permission to stay when answering this question? I will have only 14 days left on my Non-O and reentry permit when I enter, but I fully expect to be able to renew my Non-O for 12 months starting Dec. 20. Assuming I can, I will probably stay for 3 to 6 months before flying out again. So should I answer this with "Dec. 20" or the realistic answer of sometime around the end of March 2022?

Also, for the holder of a renewable long stay extension, should I worry about having a return or onward flight scheduled in case  United or Asiana asks to see it? In ten years of flying in often without an outbound I've been asked twice about it, and both times pointed to my long stay status to deflect the question.

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

On the first page of the registration system is the question "Estimated date of departure from Thailand".

Should one be aware of the duration of one's permission to stay when answering this question? I will have only 14 days left on my Non-O and reentry permit when I enter, but I fully expect to be able to renew my Non-O for 12 months starting Dec. 20. Assuming I can, I will probably stay for 3 to 6 months before flying out again. So should I answer this with "Dec. 20" or the realistic answer of sometime around the end of March 2022?

Also, for the holder of a renewable long stay extension, should I worry about having a return or onward flight scheduled in case  United or Asiana asks to see it? In ten years of flying in often without an outbound I've been asked twice about it, and both times pointed to my long stay status to deflect the question.

I’m not completely sure but my understanding is that you need to have COVID health insurance for the duration of your stay, so keep that in mind when you indicate your estimated date of departure.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, donx said:

I’m not completely sure but my understanding is that you need to have COVID health insurance for the duration of your stay, so keep that in mind when you indicate your estimated date of departure.

My understanding is that my official duration of stay can only be determined by the date my re-entry permit ends (which is same as my extension) which in my case is two weeks after I land, and that's what the stamp will say. The fact that I am allowed to apply for another extension by that date doesn't matter, since I might not do it. And my "intentions" should mean nothing, since the road to hell is paved with them, which is why I find such questions in such a rigid system rather pointless. I guess I could say I leave on the date of my stamp, because they might force me to. I wonder if they even pay attention to these questions or what is the point of asking?

As for insurance, evidence is mounting that just about everyone will be admitted with 30 days of coverage as a practical matter (except OA and one other?). This might be the subject for a separate thread. I hope applicants will share here if they were rejected for wrong insurance or too short insurance.

7 minutes ago, Enzian said:

My understanding is that my official duration of stay can only be determined by the date my re-entry permit ends (which is same as my extension) which in my case is two weeks after I land, and that's what the stamp will say. The fact that I am allowed to apply for another extension by that date doesn't matter, since I might not do it. And my "intentions" should mean nothing, since the road to hell is paved with them, which is why I find such questions in such a rigid system rather pointless. I guess I could say I leave on the date of my stamp, because they might force me to. I wonder if they even pay attention to these questions or what is the point of asking?

As for insurance, evidence is mounting that just about everyone will be admitted with 30 days of coverage as a practical matter (except OA and one other?). This might be the subject for a separate thread. I hope applicants will share here if they were rejected for wrong insurance or too short insurance.

In your case, I see no harm in stating on the application that your estimated date of departure is 2 weeks after your arrival. It is, after all, an estimate. My assumption for why they ask for this date is so they can confirm that the insurance you have/purchase covers you for your expected stay in Thailand. This is all just a guess on my part.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

One thing I have been wondering about is what happens when, and if, large numbers of tourists return to Thailand for people who are not proficient in English. I am thinking of some of Thailand's main targets- Russians and Chinese, but there are many others. Tour groups will be alright because the tour companies will sort it out. Not all Chinese tourists, however, come in groups; quite a number were independent tourists.

China has a digital certificate for those vaccinated which includes English, but whether this will satisfy Thailand Pass I do not know.

For Chinese there is no hurry.  There will be no tourist until after the Winter Olympics in February. You can take that to the bank. I have even seen a suggestion that China will not allow outbound travel until after the Asian Games in September.  That remains to be seen.

But as I said there are many others for whom language will be an issue in using Thailand Pass.

Definitely an issue and I think not coincidental that majority of people entering are from English speaking countries or countries with high level English proficiency.

The TP I just obtained was not for me (I'm already here), I did it for a non-English speaking person who would never have been able to get it on her own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It's been 6 days since my one night quarantine and I tested myself with the ATK I was given. In other news, I apparently don't have Covid. 

I will send this in to my hotel via Line. 

Anyone else actually test themselves with their ATK? 

IMG_20211118_104950.jpg

I  need to do mine tomorrow, I have just started a new topic to ask if we need to submit the result.

15 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

The chances of an influx of Chinese tourists for the Lunar New Year (1st February 2022) are presumably zilch, then, in the light of your comments (the 2022 Winter Olympics will be taking place 4th - 20th February). In that case there would appear to be no undue hurry as far as they were concerned for another year at least - by which time the Thailand Pass will, all being well, have been consigned to history!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

Hi all.
I want to give an advise to you.
I heard some stories about someone sitting near you and that in that case you would have to quarantine too.

So, I contacted the SHA+ Hotel I booked and... SURPRISE! ????

The van from the airport will be shared with other passengers going to the same hotel!
Understand? This totally incredible. WE prepare tons of paperworks and difficulties to go to thailand and after they put us in a same van with other persons that may be covid positive!
This is  a nonsense!!!

I objected and they told me if I want a private transportation I have to pay 500 more.
ABSURD.

So be careful!
Tony

• Like 1

I agree, no way I would share the taxi or van to the hotel. Mind you, you've just shared a plane for up to 10 hours with a couple of hundred people, all of who had pre-flight covid tests as well, so some people would have no problem with it.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 2:42 AM, freedomnow said:

Is it mandatory after going through Thailand Pass to have a phone to download their tracking app on arrival ?

I had planned to buy a new phone off of Lazada on arrival if I decide to go over...but may not have one at the airport..only my notebook.

I've posted about this several times.  When I landed at BKK on Monday morning there was no mention whatsoever of downloading or using any app. There were no signs, nothing at all.  I didn't bother doing it because I was not told to and my guess is the majority of the people on my flight also did not. Unless you follow forums like this one or read the fine print in the Thailand Pass, you won'r even know it exists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyFromItaly said:

Hi all.

I objected and they told me if I want a private transportation I have to pay 500 more.
ABSURD.

So be careful!
Tony

I did same and was quoted 1,500 

so good for you

1 minute ago, xenophon said:

Simple question (I hope): On the Insurance page what does "Effective Date   dd/mm/yyyy  ▢" refer to?

The final date of the insurance cover, the commencement date of the policy or something else?

Thanks very big

Start date of your policy, Commencement date

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Great,  but I doubt that will qualify for TP.

There is no information on that certificate showing the coverage dates.

Wrong, it does qualify and it did. I received my Thailand pass. As is clear from the document, it is a supplementary document that accompanies your normal insurance certificate that has the start and end dates on it.

18 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Hopefully I blanked out all the personal details.

Dear Mr. R. JB., you clearly did not blank out all your personal details ????

Your name and policy number is easily visible. You should remove the document from your post.

21 hours ago, donx said:

My wife just received a second QR code. This one I confirm corresponds to her second registration I submitted on November 10 that provided an access code. When I check the status it says "approved" and includes a link to download the PDF that includes the new QR code. Also my daughter received a second QR code, but I can't be sure if it corresponds to her second or third registration. That's because the access code from her second submission returns the error "The information is not registered" and the status of her third submission says "reviewing". My son is still waiting for a QR code from one of his 4 registrations.

I just received a third QR code for my daughter. That means that every application I sent for my wife (2 submissions) and for my daughter (3 submissions) have all been approved. Each one takes me to a website with a different issue and expiration date, but everything else such as the departure date and vaccination dates are the same.

Unfortunately, I still haven't received an approval for any of the 4 submissions I've made for my son. I know that his first submission was rejected, but his second and third submissions now can't be found using the access codes they provided. Only his last submission shows a status of "Reviewing". So I applied a 5th time today using my email address so that I don't have to keep asking him if he received any emails about the Thailand Pass applications.

If we don't receive anything soon, I'm going to send yet another email to the support email address. Not that I expect any response back from them, but maybe they will this time.

9 hours ago, TonyFromItaly said:

Hi all.
I heard some stories about someone sitting near you and that in that case you would have to quarantine too.

So, I contacted the SHA+ Hotel I booked and... SURPRISE! ????

The van from the airport will be shared with other passengers going to the same hotel!
Understand? This totally incredible. WE prepare tons of paperworks and difficulties to go to thailand and after they put us in a same van with other persons that may be covid positive!
This is  a nonsense!!!

ABSURD.

So be careful!
Tony

I told my hotel that I would not share a taxi a week ago - they haven't replied.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, donx said:

I just received a third QR code for my daughter. That means that every application I sent for my wife (2 submissions) and for my daughter (3 submissions) have all been approved. Each one takes me to a website with a different issue and expiration date, but everything else such as the departure date and vaccination dates are the same.

Unfortunately, I still haven't received an approval for any of the 4 submissions I've made for my son. I know that his first submission was rejected, but his second and third submissions now can't be found using the access codes they provided. Only his last submission shows a status of "Reviewing". So I applied a 5th time today using my email address so that I don't have to keep asking him if he received any emails about the Thailand Pass applications.

If we don't receive anything soon, I'm going to send yet another email to the support email address. Not that I expect any response back from them, but maybe they will this time.

With all the trouble you are having with your small family, I can only imagine what one of those big extended Indian families would go through... 

Hey everyone... I am sorry to appear a technophobe, and/or lazy... but at this point in time, I really don't have time to read all 75 pages on this thread, and I am somewhat numb from the very shocking news of my dear Mum's unexpected passing and am about to jump on a plane and deal with that. 

Likely I will be home just for the funeral and a few other things, and return back to Bangkok where I have lived for the last 26 years. 

So, in short... most likely I will be returning to Bkk shortly before Xmas, but haven't booked any flights yet (and reluctant to bearing in mind things might change when I am in the UK) and would be returning effectively as a new arrival, rather than using a re-entry on an existing visa.

I am a UK nation, 48. Double Phizer'ed, second one was October 15th. 

So I need to use this Thailand Pass online? 

I need 30 days minimum C19 insurance up to a value? Any other Brits can recommend a suitable good value one? 

I need to be tested prior to leaving UK?  I have never been tested, there are different types of tests I believe... which and when do I do?

As I may not be able to sort a visa of any sort in time, likely I will come in on 30 days, but want to extend.  Any know about how that might work out? 

I must stay one night in an approved hotel on arrival, right? What are starting prices for that and choices? 

Are people actually getting turned away?  I will do all in my power to be careful to get it right of course. 

I am so sorry to look the fool, but I have a big hole in my heart at the moment and all this is too much for me. 

Please please please only give accurate and relevant info, that would be lovely, thanks everyone and stay safe.  

I think the early adopters bore the brunt of the pain until they got the system properly sorted. it was smooth and easy for me too, although took 2 days which sounds like is the norm with UK applications where they can't verify the QR codes automatically. They do need to change it to allow pdf files though, it is ridiculous that you have to convert them to png or jpg.