Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A "doddle"? 

I guess that's why it has amounted to a 65 page thread in couple of weeks.

Not to mention the numerous other threads with the daily reports of frustration and questions. 

Worse than water torture.

Keep in mind that for many this process is for a 'holiday' .

Unrelated....I can imagine folk anxious to get to Thailand who have family here, as for tourists they must have rocks in their head.

At first glance it seems as though you need flights, accommodation & "Test & Go" booked prior to travelling. This seems like a massive hurdle to overcome for people taking short trips for leisure who will need to book time off from work and get this approved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marcel72Swiss said:

Hello everyone

Finally iam here in Thailand so I will share my experiences.

At the Airport Zurich they controlled everything again, You will need Copys of all the Document you already Used for the Thai Pass. Including Thai Pass.

Make 2 Copies from all, you will need this because some of the control keep some of them.

At Singapore Airport nothing to show.  At the Airplane you have to fill out 2 Forms.

When you come to Phuket then you have to show it on the Pass Checkpoint, Healt Control and for Pce Test.

So finally everywhere all the Document again and again. I asked myself for what was this Thai Pass worthy? I was thinking just to show this and all okay, so I was wrong ????????

Interesting. For me (MUC - FRA - BKK) I basically just needed TP and PCR test. They kept the TP printout at BKK airport but I didn’t need it anymore afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, SpecialSalami said:

Interesting. For me (MUC - FRA - BKK) I basically just needed TP and PCR test. They kept the TP printout at BKK airport but I didn’t need it anymore afterwards. 

Also on the airplane I just filled out the usual arrival/departure form, nothing else. 

Nobody ever asked about the Morchana App and I was able to leave the hotel in the evening already without staying overnight. Everything went super smooth. 

I would say don’t worry too much ????

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, goldmagpie said:

I had to quickly start up photoshop again, load the first file, enlarge the canvas then paste the next, crop, save. Not sure you could do that in Paint?

You can certainly crop very easily in Paint - its just 3 clicks once you have the document opened.  I was going to crop from 4 A4 pages, re-size them and paste them on to one sheet until I was told about merge programs that join jpegs.

How much attention does the TP process/Thai immigration pay to the length of the insurance policy vs. the return ticket date? If going for three months but entering with a 30 day stamp on arrival, or even a 3 month visa for that matter, would 30 day insurance suffice? 

15 minutes ago, pasak said:

How much attention does the TP process/Thai immigration pay to the length of the insurance policy vs. the return ticket date? If going for three months but entering with a 30 day stamp on arrival, or even a 3 month visa for that matter, would 30 day insurance suffice? 

Not sure on that - with COE it had to cover the period you were stamped in for so with a 90 day visa it was 90 days cover. For non-residents, I can't see it being any different. If you enter on a 30 day visa exempt and extend it, I don't think you will be asked to extend your insurance.

Heads up though, my 12 month multi trip wasn't a lot more than 21 days single trip.

Edited by KhaoYai

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Not sure on that - with COE it had to cover the period you were stamped in for so with a 90 day visa it was 90 days cover. For non-residents, I can't see it being any different. If you enter on a 30 day visa exempt and extend it, I don't think you will be asked to extend your insurance.

Heads up though, my 12 month multi trip wasn't a lot more than 21 days single trip.

Given the insurance cost is about THB2000 pcm, there could be a THB4,000 insurance saving if entering with a 30 day rather than a 3 month visa. If, as you say, the rules are the same as for COE then you'd want to avoid the visa route. But the 3 month ticket dates would imply the 30 day insurance is insufficient.

20 minutes ago, donwatson said:

My TP experience:

Nov. 2 applied got the submitted email.

Nov. 5 received QR.

Nov. 9 flight from Los Angeles. Several PCR testing areas near LAX $150 got results in 2 hours.

Airline checked my test results at LAX then flight to Narita business class only about 50 people on the entire flight. At Narita they wanted to see all my TP Docs and entered something in their system.

Flight to Suvarnabumi  about 1/2 full.   Very organized at BKK many staff to check documents they scanned my TP qr and wanted to see my PCR from Los Angeles.  Got through the process in 15 minutes.

On to immigration so easy many agents working took 5 minutes.  Then waited at exit 9 for my AQ hotel ride about a 20 minute wait. The people there were very helpful just ask anyone and they will direct you to your hotel representative. Transport to hotel about 15 minutes from airport.  At the hotel they had a nurse she did a PCR it was late/early about 2 am.  Front desk told me results at 1130 am.  Slept, nice breakfast waiting for me outside the door when I woke up at 8am.

Watched TV and answered some emails.  Got a call about 1115 from the front desk saying: Congratulations you are negative!  Checked out and got a taxi to Pattaya arrived today at 2 pm.

The entire experience was not problem for me.  Seems like the TP process is very organized and everyone was willing to help or answer questions.  If anyone is hesitant to come up to you, but it sure went smoothly I thought so glad I came looking forward to some fun already had an awesome date from one of the dating sites.  ????

See, it's easy.

Hopefully some of the negative people on here that are making out it's like putting a man on the moon read this.

Sure they'll still find something to moan about tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

See, it's easy.

Hopefully some of the negative people on here that are making out it's like putting a man on the moon read this.

There you go again, attempting to put people down who've had real problems.  I had a relatively easy experience with my Pass but I wouldn't claim that will be the case for everyone.

Why don't you try being constructive for once - instead of forever criticising?  Try helping people - being nice is free!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasak said:

Given the insurance cost is about THB2000 pcm, there could be a THB4,000 insurance saving if entering with a 30 day rather than a 3 month visa.

I'm guessing you are referring to the price in Thailand?  I bought mine in the UK and its general travel insurance covering theft etc. as well as medical expenses - yes it covers Covid. I paid 6480 baht for 12 months multi-trip cover (45 days max per trip/unlimited trips) and I'm no youngster. Obviously that wouldn't cover a 90 day stint but you can ask for one off increases/variations to most of the cover.

However, I fully appreciate that the Thai one might be better if you simply want it to gain entry. I actually wanted insurance.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

See, it's easy.

Lovely high horse your riding.

All I see is 66+ pages of many asking for help. Along with many other threads with same confusion.

Edit: just look below even after my post from couple of minutes ago. 

"Thanks I am going to try although I am kind of wary to do it again ( Third time )"

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

A fresh application might be faster.  I have a hunch that their inbox may be slightly full at the moment ????.

Thanks I am going to try although I am kind of wary to do it again ( Third time )

I also wonder if the fact that I am writing "Business" and 365 days ( holding a work permit for that period) does not slow the things down

I do not understand the "business" option but I guess that work permit means business

They have also changed the questions as on the first page now, they are asking for the intended date of departure with the flight number rather than the number of days ( the flight was last page)

25 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

There you go again, attempting to put people down who've had real problems.  I had a relatively easy experience with my Pass but I wouldn't claim that will be the case for everyone.

Why don't you try being constructive for once - instead of forever criticising?  Try helping people - being nice is free!

I am being constructive telling everyone it's easy whereas you're making it sound very very difficult, which it is not.

Why don't you try being more positive instead of glass 1/2 M T??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I'm guessing you are referring to the price in Thailand?  I bought mine in the UK and its general travel insurance covering theft etc. as well as medical expenses - yes it covers Covid. I paid 6480 baht for 12 months multi-trip cover (45 days max per trip/unlimited trips) and I'm no youngster. Obviously that wouldn't cover a 90 day stint but you can ask for one off increases/variations to most of the cover.

However, I fully appreciate that the Thai one might be better if you simply want it to gain entry. I actually wanted insurance.

I was basing insurance costs on AXA's prices who seem to be the yardstick. I did try UK companies but found them to be more expensive. I think salerno mentioned All Clear Travel Insurance @ GBP145/year but I found them much more than that when I enquired. 

Meanwhile do you suppose immigration would give a 30 day visa exempt even with a return air ticket for 3 months from date of entry? I can't remember if they look at the air ticket when you enter the country. 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Lovely high horse your riding.

All I see is 66+ pages of many asking for help. Along with many other threads with same confusion.

I'm sure the 1000's that have had success and found it easy find no need to post here, why would they?

Do you think everyone that comes to or lives in Thailand uses this forum?

3 minutes ago, pasak said:

I was basing insurance costs on AXA's prices who seem to be the yardstick. I did try UK companies but found them to be more expensive. I think salerno mentioned All Clear Travel Insurance @ GBP145/year but I found them much more than that when I enquired. 

Meanwhile do you suppose immigration would give a 30 day visa exempt even with a return air ticket for 3 months from date of entry? I can't remember if they look at the air ticket when you enter the country. 

The airline looks for your return ticket when you board your first international flight. They don't want to fly you in and have you rejected on entry as they would have to fly you back out even if you couldn't pay.

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm sure the 1000's that have had success and found it easy find no need to post here, why would they?

Do you think everyone that comes to or lives in Thailand uses this forum?

That's a joke. The AseanNow folk at the very least use forums. Be that this thread or Facebook or whatever.

For everyone of those there would be MANY that do not even know how to register for process such as this or even access assistance.

In any event your posts are IMO not constructive in the slightest.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a joke. The AseanNow folk at the very least use forums. Be that this thread or Facebook or whatever.

For everyone of those there would be MANY that do not even know how to register for process such as this or even access assistance.

In any event your posts are IMO not constructive in the slightest.

You're allowed your opinion.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:37 AM, soi3eddie said:

Just submitted. 

A couple of notes:

1) The UK issued NHS Covid Pass of vaccination does not have a passport number or nationality stated so wonder if they will accept that

2) No PDF uploads possible. Documents must be jpg,jpeg or png only

Received an email immediately saying that "Thailand Pass System has received your registration. The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days".

No problem with the Thai Embassy in London excepting my NHS one for a COE. Also its easy enough to convert pdf to jpg online for free in seconds.

• Thanks 1

I am glad to see that they have a link to check the progress of one's application 

It would be even greater if they had bother to send the Required Access Code to start the verification

The email of confirmation did not have any mention of that ????