Thailand reopening: There are no foreigners and no foreign flights at all - at least in the north

webfact

They just hoped that Jeju Air would fly in from Incheon on Friday.

I can inform traveling from Korea has been nearly impossible due to the slow turnaround of COE and contacting the Thai Embassy is nearly impossible. Assume the lack of possibility to contact is down to many calling for information. 

Let alone, without COE or now Thailand Pass you cannot travel hence nobody can book flight consequently no flight to fly.

Another massive impact is the cost of COVID PCR test - 100USD each time and the uncertainty involved if, if, if etc put people off, add that to the airlines cancellation policies are not aligned to the short 72h timeline to get everything into order most families and typical Asian travelers which is manly long weekends (few days) where you are forced to stay 1 night in quarantine at hundreds of USD and another COVID19 PCR followed by yet another 100USD/person COVID19 PCR before returning to,in this example Korea, what then left of your holiday? 

Its not gonna work for short time visitors which is mainstream Asian market. Until test regimes are different, i.e. cheaper and more on the spot rather than visiting hospitals and clinics traveling cannot work efficiently.  

Edited by bberg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Most tourists are not confident with Thailand government.  The government has been all over the map with rules and regulations that just don't make any sense. Couple that with the bars not being open, alcohol restriction, curfews and quarantines which complicates things. The average tourist just want a no hassle holiday. It will be a little longer before Thailand gets that. So don't expect tourist numbers to sky rocket to pre covid numbers.

a little longer ..... like in 2 or 3 years from now? These people are extremely stubborn and locked in their belief that they are the centre of the universe, the corollary being that all foreigners are desperate to go to Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

What really worries me about all this **** is the possibility of a bloody-minded face-saving foot-stamping fit of petulance from who-ever in the top Thai Gov gets the most upset over it all.

Whilst all of the clowning is going on, with The Gov being laughed at and feeling more and more foolish, there are around 2 million full-time non-Asian expats living in Thailand according to Wikipedia (VERY out of date.)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there isn't some form of spiteful kick-back on this captive audience in the not too distant future . . . harsh visa changes or more-intensive scrutiny or tighter regulations with big fines attached for offenders.

The Gov has not only lost face with it's people and the international community, but its also blundered its way into losing a s***load of cash, too. Not a good situation for an ex-pat in Thailand to be in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Thailand

You don't need to wait for the "not too distant future".

I have read already many signs that the Visa requirements will double next year.
400 K will be 800 K and 800 K will become 1,200 Kbaht

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

The Gov has not only lost face with it's people and the international community, but its also blundered its way into losing a s***load of cash, too. Not a good situation for an ex-pat in Thailand to be in.

Indeed, the loss of face is... tremendously immesurable at this point. Expect a backlash soon.

Som nam na Prayuth!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

If you shoot an animal a hundred times, it will eventually succumb to it's wounds. Thailand is that animal. Tourism has been massacred. The industry is now permanently dead. Sure, a few hundred thousand will show up. Maybe even 3 to 5 million, by 2026. Maybe. 

They just keep forgetting. 

1. Thailand needs foreign tourism 100X more than tourists need Thailand. 

2. Thailand is NOT the center of the known universe. 

3. Thailand is not the most desirable nation on earth. 

4. Thailand is not what it used to be. Alot of the character is disappearing. 

5. Thailand is run by idiotic and arrogant children. 

6. The confused and long muddled policy has turned off 99% of tourists. Thailand has been forgotten. 

These are not appealing qualities. Weakness and child like cowardice has it's price. 

20211029_095601.jpg

20211029_095057.jpg

20211029_095613.jpg

Pictures speak a million thousand words.

PRAYUTH AND ANUTIN MUST GO. PERIOD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

You don't need to wait for the "not too distant future".

I have read already many signs that the Visa requirements will double next year.

Of course they'll keep on killing the golden goose until...

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

If they do that then it's safe to assume it's their intention to get rid of us. Maybe this COVID crisis was just the best opportunity they had to implement their plans.

59 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Pictures speak a million thousand words.

PRAYUTH AND ANUTIN MUST GO. PERIOD.

Yesterday! Once Covid is over, the army will face massive backlash for their stunning failure and betrayal of the people. 

Cha Cha. Pack your bags. Get ready for exile, and hire a lawyer to defend you in the Hague. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, babyjesus said:

So tourists got vaccinated so as to significantly reduce their risk of hospitalization and death, but have to buy expensive insurance that covers Covid only.  I think they will look elsewhere.

Got a quote for 60 days cause I can't get a 42 day one and its 4,480THB. ????‍♂️

Screenshot_20211101-114327_Samsung Internet.jpg

7 hours ago, David T Pike said:

Duh! You have to have International flights and actual approved ASQ hotels before you get any tourist right? ????????

As far as I know there are none of each!  ????

I have both of the above 

Received this from my AQ hotel in BKK. 

Remark: Please note that all guests are required to submit the following documents to the hotel by reply this email, which will be submitted to the Ministry of Defence. Failure to submit the mentioned documents will result in denial of entry into the Kingdom of Thailand.

1. Passport Copy / ID card copy for all guests that are checking in

2. Plane E-Ticket

3. Vaccine Certification

4. Visa (for non-Thai passport holders)

5. Completed Health Declaration form (as attached)

6. COVID-19 RT-PCR negative test result (72 hours before arrival date)

7. ASQ insurance with minimum coverage of USD 50,000 covering COVID-19 treatment in Thailand (for non-Thai nationals)

Prior to arrival to the kingdom, you will also need to install the COSTE application and create your profile.

Link to download for both iOS and Android as follow: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/coste/id1513334711 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tely360.cost

My parents from Germany would like to come back to spend of few months of winter in Thailand like they used to do for many years.

So they would like to apply for a tourist visa, in Munich there is no appointment available for the next few weeks, no surprise since they offer only 15 appointments per day, easily booked out. In Berlin the same, nothing available any soon. The only other option is mailing it to Frankfurt, processing time 4 to 8 weeks. At least eVisa is probably going to be introduced pretty soon.

Anyhow today I have noticed the visa won´t be of any use. Mum got two different vaccines, with 5 weeks in between. According to the current thai polices for entering without quarantine (well, 1 night that is) the time between her two different vaccines needs to be 4 weeks.

Edited by CaptainS