Trying to return to Thailand from the UK: COE Stress!!

danny42

Flew to the UK on Oct 18th and due to fly back to BKK on the 8th Nov. Started COE in Thailand and started to complete it once the 1 Day quarantine was announced (yes, leaving it a bit tight, but I wanted to be sure about the quarantine requirements.) Made a mistake on the BKK hotel date, so they sent the COE back. I re-booked the hotel, signed into my COE, corrected some details on the Personal Details section, pressed Save and it automatically saved and submitted, before I could correct and update my hotel information. Now I'm waiting for the Embassy to send it back to me to correct again! All this happened on Monday. I heard nothing yesterday and nothing so far today (Wed). I fly on Monday!! Tried to phone the Embassy, but was kept on hold for ages and ultimately could speak to anyone.

I looked at the Thailand Pass site and completed the form as a back-up. The problem with this system is that I seem to fall between the cracks, as I couldn't upload my visa page or elaborate in any way on my 'long-term' status in Thailand. It asks, how many days are you staying and nothing about me being on a 're-entry' visa.

Any views and ideas?

Getting a bit stressed!!

We are also flying on 8th.

I applied for CoE and was rejected as all travel from 8th requires Thailand Pass (CoE are not being issued for travel from 8th).

Thus: Thailand Pass ( a complete shambles at the moment ) - Thailand Pass does not require your Visa information - just your basic information and a bookings: 

Documents required: 

1) Passport Copy

2) Vaccine Certificate 

3) AQ Hotel Booking

4) Insurance Certificate

Advice: Do not register with a Hotmail account. 

The Thailand pass is incredibly buggy - we have had to submit a couple of applications as we received no confirmation or registration e-mail (when registering with hotmail - G-mail / yahoo mail ok). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I applied for CoE and was rejected as all travel from 8th requires Thailand Pass (CoE are not being issued for travel from 8th).

Thus: Thailand Pass ( a complete shambles at the moment ) - Thailand Pass does not require your Visa information - just your basic information and a bookings: 

Documents required: 

1) Passport Copy

2) Vaccine Certificate 

3) AQ Hotel Booking

4) Insurance Certificate

The Thailand pass is incredibly buggy - we have had to submit a couple of applications as we received no confirmation or registration e-mail (when registering with hotmail - G-mail / yahoo mail ok). 

Cheers for your comments. Still waiting to hear from the Embassy. I did the Thailand Pass and registered with my Hotmail. Can I get back in to change it or can I redo it all again. I fly on Monday!!

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

Redo it again, quite a few people reporting instant results today in the other thread.

I am seconding that ( from experience ) 

Do not waste time 

Register , answer the little questions, do not bother trying to explain your situation as they just want the documents cited above 

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Documents required: 

1) Passport Copy

2) Vaccine Certificate 

3) AQ Hotel Booking

4) Insurance Certificate

About applications for COE being refused, that may depend on when (and where) you applied for the COE. I got mine for travel on 13 November. It was approved on 31 October, by the Thai embassy in Cambodia. No new COE applications are accepted from 1 November onwards, but COE applications in progress can still be granted if all necessary information and documents are supplied by 7 November. Approved COEs for travel after 1 November, don't suddenly get cancelled because there is a new system announced. There is no cut-off for COE, just for the date by which a COE must be approved.

10 hours ago, alyx said:

I am seconding that ( from experience ) 

Do not waste time 

Register , answer the little questions, do not bother trying to explain your situation as they just want the documents cited above 

I re-registered with a different email account and got a confirmation straight away. My new worry is about the question on the form about how many days you're spending in Thailand. I have a visa that runs to the 18th Jan, so do I put 71 days? Also with the new form you can only put one document up!

6 hours ago, Amplish said:

About applications for COE being refused, that may depend on when (and where) you applied for the COE. I got mine for travel on 13 November. It was approved on 31 October, by the Thai embassy in Cambodia. No new COE applications are accepted from 1 November onwards, but COE applications in progress can still be granted if all necessary information and documents are supplied by 7 November. Approved COEs for travel after 1 November, don't suddenly get cancelled because there is a new system announced. There is no cut-off for COE, just for the date by which a COE must be approved.

I applied for the Original format CoE on 24th Oct, received the rejection letter on 26th Oct informing me that I need to use the Thailand Pass site to apply.

It would have removed a huge deal of stress if they had just approved the CoE in the initial application and asked to try the Thailand Pass as well. 

Clearly there have been issues with the Thailand Pass - Overlap should have been set at much longer than one week. 

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I applied for the Original format CoE on 24th Oct, received the rejection letter on 26th Oct informing me that I need to use the Thailand Pass site to apply.

It would have removed a huge deal of stress if they had just approved the CoE in the initial application and asked to try the Thailand Pass as well. 

Clearly there have been issues with the Thailand Pass - Overlap should have been set at much longer than one week. 

Getting the advice to try the Thailand Pass while the COE web-site is still up and running is a bit weird. Maybe a local embassy issue. Here in Phnom Penh they don't have that much to do. Well, instead of nobody waiting for a visa application there were a grand total of 5 people at the embassy, this past Tuesday morning. Since Thailand Pass is no longer done by embassy staff perhaps they can't be bothered with COE anymore. I have heard people getting a very quick approval, for their Thailand Pass application, but you are right that seems to be hit and miss.

1 hour ago, danny42 said:

I re-registered with a different email account and got a confirmation straight away. My new worry is about the question on the form about how many days you're spending in Thailand. I have a visa that runs to the 18th Jan, so do I put 71 days? Also with the new form you can only put one document up!

They do not check your visa as far as I have seen 

71 days seems fine but it is more about the number of days declared compared to the numbers of days insured. The immigration will stamp your visa according to its validity. 

They do not require  anything from you but your passport first page, insurance, vaccination and hotel booking 

So no need to upload other documents ( from what I understand but anyone is welcome to correct me if I am wrong )