Red Bull "Boss": Latest committee chief promises "transparency" and "speed" in investigation

webfact

On 11/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, Pmbkk said:

Simple, if they really want to find him - offer a sizable reward for his whereabouts and you'd get his address in a week. Should save the Thai govt' a fortune compared to a 10 year investigation.

Simple?  How would knowing and confirming his address overseas help the RTP?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 11/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, anchadian said:

Why would his name be in the Thai language?

On the Interpol Red Notice main site there is a choice of only 4 languages and Thai is not one of them.

You're are not correct.

He is correct stating that Vorayuth was (probably still is) the subject of a Red Notice.

23 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

So this guy 'Red Bull Boss' drives a very expensive car,  way over the speed limit, kills several police officers, has drugs and alcohol in his system and walks away! 

No, that's a gross exaggeration, one police officer died, in a traffic accident, he did not "kill several police officers".   

He has not "walked away" from the drug and causing death charges, they're still in force, the driving charge for a few more years.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Have a beer in Pattaya and get arrested .AMAZING THAILAND!!

Or, more accurately, deliberately contravene the Covid regulations and get arrested, just as in any other Thai city or any other country with Covid rules!  "Having a beer" in Pattaya is not an offence and does not result in arrest.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

Surely there's a law about harbouring a fugitive.

Why haven't his family been arrested for facilitating his escape and evasion of justice.

I suppose the police would need evidence of that in order for their arrest, you have some?  Bear in mind that he left Thailand before his arrest warrant was produced and was free to travel anywhere, he was not on the run until he left Thailand. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, djayz said:
On 11/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, Neeranam said:

Which would be justice. Why should this guy be put in jail just because he is a billionaire?

This kinda crime happens in rural part without the drunks going to jail,and only being fined 50,000 baht for a death. 

You're not seriously implying that people, rich or poor, who mow down a fellow human while under the influence, then do a runner - not to mention set up a servant to take the fall - should not face a judge? Should not be punished? Should not see the inside of a jail? 

No, it is clear that he did not suggest any of that.   He was responding to a suggestion that he should "be in jail just because he is a billionaire" when others who have committed the same offence have not necessarily gone to jail.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I think you are coming from a foreigner's point of view. 

One should accept cultural differences when moving to a new country, not try to change it to our former's cultural norms.

In Isarn. where I live, 2 million compensation is x600 the normal amount for the death of a motorcyclist. This guy's life has been ruined and he had to flee the country, all because of some jealous people wanting money from him and his family; Boss is the victim here. 

Sure he is, I really feel for him - he's having such a tough time away from his mummy, the poor little diddums. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, natway09 said:

Incidently the reporting is wrong. The family no longer own "Red Bull" in any way but still get 

Royalties, for how long, I am not sure.

They amount to about 1 million USD a month

When did Chalerm Yoovidhya sell his 51% shareholding?   

How would you know what "royalties" Chalerm receives from his/the private company which, by definition, does not produce publicly available financials?

8 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

I think right now I would just settle if they gave the poor guys family a decent about of money like 100million baht. I think they got 3million baht or something ridiculous like that.

Luckily, whether you're happy "to settle" or not is irrelevant!   Why should the family of the single officer, i.e. no wife or children, receive B100,000,000?!   The family agreed to the B3,000,000 settlement which was not insubstantial in Thai terms.

On 11/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

They need too add another charge against him......"Poor taste in car color".....if I had the money to buy a Ferrari it would have to be either Red or Yellow and Black - not Gray, a gray Ferrari is a crime in itself.

He chose not to be too flashy ???? ????

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

This girl killed nine people. Last I heard victims families have received no compensation, have been told if they want money to keep on fighting

You're out of date.  It was widely reported two years ago that her family was paying the money into the court ahead of the deadline to do so.  It they did not, the Justice Ministry were going to seize land assets to raise the B25,000,000.  

9 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Or, more accurately, deliberately contravene the Covid regulations and get arrested, just as in any other Thai city or any other country with Covid rules!  "Having a beer" in Pattaya is not an offence and does not result in arrest.

You totally missed the point!!! I'm not going to spell it out. Obviously you don't like humor and sarcasm.

I love humour, especially sarcastic humour.    I'm not going to spell it out for you but it's just that your humourous sarcasm/sarcastic humour wasn't at all obvious!

• Sad 1

Using Different Name. Obscure Rich Country Passport. Ocean Yacht & Limo Travel. Small Seaport or Remote Land Country Entry. No Airports. No Data Entry. Large Sunglasses defeating any Camera or Personal Facial Recognition. Staying Friends Luxury Homes / Yachts. Permanently Off Grid. No Police Resources would ever find him. Bribe Way Out of any one thousand chance Arrest.

NSA could find him in a Heartbeat via Phone / Family / Associates Tracking. NSA Never Asked of course……some People are simply above the Law Anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/4/2021 at 11:08 AM, TunnelRat69 said:

They need too add another charge against him......"Poor taste in car color".....if I had the money to buy a Ferrari it would have to be either Red or Yellow and Black - not Gray, a gray Ferrari is a crime in itself.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, anchadian said:

He's never been on the Interpol Red notice.

That's maybe why he chose a grey colour for his car????

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How would you know what "royalties" Chalerm receives from his/the private company which, by definition, does not produce publicly available financials?

Reminds me of Chalerm Yubamrungs son Duangchalerm. 

He was accused of killing a policeman in. A nite club in Thong lor 

22witnesses and fled the scene, and is now a sharpshooter for the RTP. 

Accept the way things are done here. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, shocky2012 said:

''Promises "transparency" and "SPEED" in investigation

Speed indeed - It only been 10 years after all...

well let's nor rush these things, don't want to make any mistakes - and besides, the flow of lunch boxes and brown envelopes need to be fully evaluated.

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is clear that he did not suggest any of that.   He was responding to a suggestion that he should "be in jail just because he is a billionaire" when others who have committed the same offence have not necessarily gone to jail.  

Where did I say he should be in jail just because he's affluent? He should be tried and sentenced based on the facts of the case. Never understand why this keeps coming back to his financial status. 

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Reminds me of Chalerm Yubamrungs son Duangchalerm. 

He was accused of killing a policeman in. A nite club in Thong lor 

22witnesses and fled the scene, and is now a sharpshooter for the RTP. 

Accept the way things are done here. 

Why does my question remind you of that?  Did you read my comment?   What's your comment got to do with anything I posted?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

15 hours ago, djayz said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did I say he should be in jail just because he's affluent?

Where did I say that you said that?