Extension Date 5August - Can I touch 400k today?

Hello, 

the date of my 12 months extension was August 5th, can I spend some of the 800k today? 

I am not sure if the rule is 3 months (I guess that would be tomorrow, 5th of November) or 90 days which would be today. 

If it is tomorrow I would need to transfer money from overseas. 

Thanks for your help. 

The 800k baht has to be kept in the bank for 3 months from the day you apply for your extension. After that you can lower it to 400k baht until you top up you account to 800k baht 2 months before your next extension application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand that now. Thank you. 

But I am still not clear (maybe I am thick ???? if that would be tomorrow, the 5th, or the day after on the 6th of November. When the extension stamp says 5 August. 

Or a different day all together, since date of application or date on the extension stamp may be different?

2 minutes ago, Barley said:

Or a different day all together, since date of application or date on the extension stamp may be different?

That's a good point. I would say from my own experience that it's the date of application. When I applied for my extension in early February (extension runs from 21st.) I had a few moments of unease because the entry in my bankbook from the year before had  been overprinted after I had got the previous year's extension. The IO queried it with his senior officer and they let it go, I think because it was clear I always keep well over 800k in the account.

12 minutes ago, fangless said:

Did you apply on Aug 5th, your extension date, or earlier?

Probably earlier, like maybe 30 days, like on July 5th. Three months from that is Oct 5th; but are dates inclusive or not? For insurance purposes, as someone said, wait the extra day, until Oct 6th.

Inclusivity, or not, would come into question for having 800k in bank 2 months prior to application. In this example, ie, applying on July 5th, prudent to make sure your 800k in bank is there on May 4th. Why take the chance of encountering an anal IO.....?

• Thanks 1

Did immigration officer not gave you a paper with date on it to come and bring copys and bankbook ? As then you can rely on taking money out after!

I got a paper with date on to bring proof of money still complete at  90 day .....but not sure if immigration see 90 day as 3 months ....hence paper would give you the real outcome  as imm. at jomtien always give me ...so no doubt .

Or play safe and deposit 100 baht and update bankbook and make copys of that ...so you have proof 

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

Did immigration officer not gave you a paper with date on it to come and bring copys and bankbook ?

Jomtien?

VERY few immigration offices require the non existent come back in 3 months rule with bankbook.

Edit: just saw you mentioned Jomtien. One of very few out of 75+ offices that made up that rule. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

Did immigration officer not gave you a paper with date on it to come and bring copys and bankbook ? As then you can rely on taking money out after!

Probably not since only a very few offices want a person to return to prove the 800k baht is still in the bank.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Jomtien?

VERY few immigration offices require the non existent come back in 3 months rule with bankbook.

As i said yes jomtien ....no doubt so date is on the paper to come show.

Perfect desk 8 at Jomtien if you follow their rules ????.

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

As i said yes jomtien ....no doubt so date is on the paper to come show.

Perfect desk 8 at Jomtien if you follow their rules ????.

Jomtien rules. 

Don't be confused with how 95%+ immigration offices do things. Which is NOT to return post 3 months with bankbook.

Very much doubt that the OP deals with Jomtien. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably not since only a very few offices want a person to return to prove the 800k baht is still in the bank.

Yes they guard us a  good caretaker not to spend out too much ????

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Jomtien rules. 

Don't be confused with how 95%+ immigration offices do things. Which is NOT to return post 3 months with bankbook.

I  can not become 

confused ....as their way show us clear the day ...????

Btw i saw repports from one who said he needed to come again after the second 90 day or 3 month ....yes all i.o..  make their own thing...????

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

I  can not become 

confused ....as their way show us clear the day ...????

Btw i saw repports from one who said he needed to come again after the second 90 day or 3 month ....yes all i.o..  make their own thing...????

All irrelevant to the OP.

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

All irrelevant to the OP.

Except the advice to make copys after updating bankbook , as your bankbook is a solid proof when the money was still complete 800K

Here an example from their paper , as even you can go after date also  if example travelling 

Money rapport 3 months 2020 . jpeg.jpg

• Haha 1