Thailand reports 8,467 new COVID-19 cases, 69 deaths

webfact

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thanks. 

Well that’s not uncommon as you are not working as you normally would. So understandable, albeit unfortunate for yourself and your family. 

No it’s not rude to highlight how desperate many Thai families are out in food lines waiting for handouts. Even with you’re pay reduction I would doubt you will be joining them. 

Perspective. 

Always looking back. What’s gone is gone. How about now?
800,000+ /day, still botched?

Incredible efforts by all involved in that achievement.  Yes, before you say, inferior vaccine and could have secured better with better planning, but still a massive effort from where they were to achieve 70% in key areas already and hopefully across the country by year end. 

What a shame the country is not run by the forum hindsight experts, everything would be so rosy. 

Give some credit where it’s due for a change. 

I don't think anyone is saying anything negative about the vaccination program now, except for what you've already pointed out (inferior vaccine, and some missteps about not taking advantage of offers for high quality vaccine).   So, yes, we agree.  Nice job now, but missteps in the past, and though a very good job, still some continued avoidable missteps.. 

Am I supposed to be applauding the captain and crew of the Titanic for all their efforts as the ship sank, or am I allowed to consider how the ship got into that predicament in the first place, on account of blunders by those in charge?  Do you think that's a fair analogy?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thanks. 

Well that’s not uncommon as you are not working as you normally would. So understandable, albeit unfortunate for yourself and your family. 

No it’s not rude to highlight how desperate many Thai families are out in food lines waiting for handouts. Even with you’re pay reduction I would doubt you will be joining them. 

Perspective. 

Incredible efforts by all involved in that achievement.  Yes, before you say, inferior vaccine and could have secured better with better planning, but still a massive effort from where they were to achieve 70% in key areas already and hopefully across the country by year end. 

What a shame the country is not run by the forum hindsight experts, everything would be so rosy. 

I will give credit. My vaccination process went well. 12 wks between AZ jabs and now I'm meant to be good for around another six months. Part of this going well for me was the governor of my province who went against the govt. I believe and opened walk in jabs to the community. Everyone. Not just Thais. Nicely done. I now have my bit of paper to state I'm double vaxed. I am in the minority in this country.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Thanks. 

Perspective. 

Jabs are now going well. Shame it didn't start earlier. You have still not responded to my question. Will Thailand be at the 70-80% fully vaccinated by years end? That was the target wasn't it? Looking at what @Bkk Brianposted above around 30% got their 1st jab today. Not sure if it's possible to do this in 7 wks.

Edited by dinsdale

Among 7,574 local new domestic cases, excluding the cases in the prisons, the highest number of infections listed by provinces was discovered in Bangkok with 809, Chiang Mai with 487, Songkhla with 462, Nakhon Si Thamarat with 449, and Pattani with 437.

https://tpnnational.com/2021/11/06/recap-thailand-announces-8467-new-cases-of-covid-19-and-69-additional-deaths/

• Like 2