Asia tourism reopens with big-spending Chinese citizens stuck at home

webfact

1 minute ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm…. Lets hope the obnoxious Chinese tourist stays home permanently

They claim 300 landed this week..........it seems all 300 chose the same hotel as me and the wife.

Not doing the lottery this week.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

They go into an official shop, just to get a free bag to show off and off they go.

89A2245A-680B-43BD-B191-47CAA5F9F73A_4_5005_c.jpeg

DC125A79-7D19-4520-837F-8AE0DE80BD76_4_5005_c.jpeg

Sorry to say but the picture above is authentic, I have seen that with my own eyes in Hong Kong. These people queueing all can afford to buy authentic Louis Vuiton stuff. This is how rich China has become. This causes a lot of envy on many westerners. Of course, these aren't your typical Chinese tourists in Thailand. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bob26 said:

Chinaman tyranny in concert with their #%%  partners will be shutting down all tourism soon.  Get to be where you want to be real soon.  6 months from now you will have 87 government applications and pdf files to submit to get on the leisure flight lottery waitlist to fly around the block.  And after all the required death jabs you will be looking out the plane's window from a jar.

Not a good idea to leave a planes window ajar!

2 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:
2 hours ago, wombat said:

reality is nature is having a cull...nature hasn't finished yet.....the Mu variance hasn't had a mention in western media ''yet''

Would that be the same Mu variant I read a lot about in UK media in early September? 

Maybe he can't read English.

9 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

I really don't want to travel anymore. The hassles and stress coupled with the prior idiotic security leave me dead cold.

Need to make two trips to US and one to Europe to satisfy wife's lifelong dream after the previous lifelong dream of visiting US was fulfilled 6x.

I won't be spending more on things that the government can suck tax out of me. We'll just enjoy the beaches, NPs what's left of the natural beauty. Rent a house with a pool.

No quarantine hotels, PCR tests, b500 airport fees and insurance I don't need. But if government thinks I'm going to plow this into the local economy they'd be wrong. We've both seen plenty of Thailand.

Set her up with youtube. There, she can see as many channels about Europe and USA as she wants.

From the comfort of your sofa.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, RickyJB said:

Big spending? Ok, there is normally thousands of them but all book into all inclusive hotel packages.. but they spend next to nothing anywhere else except for Big C..  the cheek of these tight @rzez, they used to try coming into our restaurant for a seat while bringing their own food.. Apart from the hotel business, i cant see anyone else profitting from them.. And sometimes we'd get chinese staying in our guest house , and their manners and the state they left the room in was unreal.. ended up having to spend more to clean or fix damage they made. . Rather have polite Thai guests than them any day. 

You sprout BS. Ask yourself who bought the majority of Condos over the last 4/5 years, they don’t all follow the flags.

huge investments by the Chinese in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is no doubt chinese make up a large chunk but it’s like with everything else, do you want your bar with 10 people drinking 10 bottles each or do you want 100 drinking 1 each .

10 require less staff, less costs and less mess, 100 looks better but less money in the bank. Something Thai have not been able to figure out, more does not always mean better or more money in the bank 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

They claim 300 landed this week..........it seems all 300 chose the same hotel as me and the wife.

Not doing the lottery this week.

I suppose that was a twenty room hotel, you and the wife in one and the 300 Chinese stretching out in the other 19 rooms. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Sorry to say but the picture above is authentic, I have seen that with my own eyes in Hong Kong. These people queueing all can afford to buy authentic Louis Vuiton stuff. This is how rich China has become. This causes a lot of envy on many westerners. Of course, these aren't your typical Chinese tourists in Thailand. 

And explaining a little further, Hong Kong is an special administrative region of China, so the tax laws are different, so when mainland Chinese people visit Hong Kong, they find the prices much more attractive than back home. That's why they are queueing outside the store! 

• Like 1

The real Tourist 'Big Spenders' from China don't come anywhere near Thailand; you will find them in London, Paris, Auckland, Sydney and anywhere far away from South East Asia.  Of course; at the moment they are not going anywhere until Zizi Top says so !

• Like 2