How do they check if you have been 21 day in a low risk country before entry in Thailand

grubman

I am currently working on a cruise ship and will be finishing my work contract in early December, all crew are vaccinated on board and at present we do not have passengers, i will be flying from Barbados via London and Paris with my final destination of Phuket, 

My question is how do immigration know that you have been in a country for the required 21 day, being on a ship we do not get stamps in our passport when we arrive in different ports, 

so does anyone know how they know that you have been the 21 days in a low risk country 

I am planing my trip to be in the Phuket sandbox for 7 days but i don't want to arrive and after the first negative PCR result, being told that i can not travel anywhere in Thailand, as i live in Khon Kaen i would prefer to be at home then in a hotel in Phuket, and waste money on the SHA + seven day stay 

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

barbados is on the list of countries for thailand pass.

cancell phuket and go to bangkok for 1 night AQ.

So far there are no AQ packages for phuket. Some book sha+ and separately transport and test.

I have check the list of 63 countries which is below and Barbados is not listed, so that's why i am entering Phuket via the 7 day sandbox program, and being on board a ship that has not been in the same country for the past 21 days makes it hard to qualify for the test and go program, which i would much prefer as i can get home quicker to my wife 

but my question was how do they check if you have been in a low risk country for the minimum of 21 day  

image.png.d9c63d34838c4af1bac08e4beac6e3e0.png

Edited by grubman

I think this 21 days nonsense will be one of the first daft restrictions removed in the coming weeks / months, it makes absolutely no sense. If Thais travel on holiday for 2 weeks and come back with no 21 days restrictions hammered on them then why add it only foreigners, it's not obviously for covid reasons is it.

Its plainly and obviously stupid !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, internationalism said:

they can't check how long you stayed in each country if your pass is not stamped.

you can't fly from barbados on one ticket.

if you are a brit do stop there for short, even just to make a pcr in the airport. 

Just in case do use vpn when filling up TP application form

In all honesty i would like to get home as quick as possible but a one weeks vacation in Phuket is not that bad considering that the company which i work for pay for my hotel and PCR test and my flight back to Khon Kaen.

But of cause getting straight home after only one night would be good as well, but i guess i don't have much control over where i am flying from as my company book my flights and i don't want to stay another 14 day on the ship waiting for the ship to arrive in the US,

Maybe the rules will change again at the beginning of December, and i am arriving on the 11th December  

Edited by grubman

I asked something similar last week.  I'm in LA and going to Mexico this week for 3-4 weeks but I want to come to Thailand before XMAS and renew my visa extension.  I've been to Mexico before and did not get stamped out of the country.  How can Thailand know when you left Mexico if you aren't stamped out?  I'd love to do the one day Q but will I be forced to do the 7 Day Q instead?

17 minutes ago, LALes said:

I asked something similar last week.  I'm in LA and going to Mexico this week for 3-4 weeks but I want to come to Thailand before XMAS and renew my visa extension.  I've been to Mexico before and did not get stamped out of the country.  How can Thailand know when you left Mexico if you aren't stamped out?  I'd love to do the one day Q but will I be forced to do the 7 Day Q instead?

Leave your ordinary phone at home and use another one.......Welcome to Mexico......

In my opinion (and that's all it is), the onus is on you to prove to immigration where you've been over the past 21 days. If you can't then it's 7 days quarantine. Even if you could show ship's log and crew list I doubt they'd feel bothered to sit and work it all out? 

Edited by Speedhump
Speeling

On 11/7/2021 at 9:12 AM, RichardColeman said:

I think this 21 days nonsense will be one of the first daft restrictions removed in the coming weeks / months, it makes absolutely no sense. If Thais travel on holiday for 2 weeks and come back with no 21 days restrictions hammered on them then why add it only foreigners, it's not obviously for covid reasons is it.

The Thai government never requires anything stupid?

On 11/8/2021 at 12:12 AM, RichardColeman said:

The 21 days restriction is for both Thai’s and foreigners - the regulation is poorly worded, it basically means no one entering Thailand under the ‘Test and Go’ regulations can have been in ‘high-risk’ country (not on Thailands list of 63 low risk countries) for the past 21 days.

Thus: an arrival could have been in the US, France the UK etc within the last 21 days as long as they have not travelled to or through a ‘high-risk’ country in that same period. 

How can the Thai Authorities tell without looking at stamps in someones Passport ? 

Answer: They can’t. 

I’ve recently travelled from Thailand to the UK and back to Thailand (re-entering with Thai Pass) - I was in the UK for less than 21 days - the UK does not stamp Brits in or out. 

OP: if you do not have an stamp entering / exiting Barbados within the past 21 days there is no way for the Thai Government to tell you have been there. 

Will you be ’stamped’ into the US ? - if so, authorities ‘could’ look at your passport and see that you have been outside of the US within the 21 days.

If you are not stamped in or out of the US (similar to the UK) then you could just apply Via Thailand Pass and take your PCR test <72 hrs departure and fly to Thailand (I’m not sure if the ‘low risk' regulations extend to ’transit countries’).

On 11/7/2021 at 6:12 PM, RichardColeman said:

Same in Singapore.

So I applied for my for my Thailand Pass, i applied for the test and go Thai pass, i waited 7 days and today i received the the approval email with the attached PDF file with my Thailand pass QR code, it has my arrival date and in green high light it says exemption for Quarantine 

So i am guessing that i and good to go for the test and go once i arrive in Phuket and if i get a negative result from my pcr test i will fly to Khon Kaen the next day \

11 minutes ago, grubman said:

So I applied for my for my Thailand Pass, i applied for the test and go Thai pass, i waited 7 days and today i received the the approval email with the attached PDF file with my Thailand pass QR code, it has my arrival date and in green high light it says exemption for Quarantine 

So i am guessing that i and good to go for the test and go once i arrive in Phuket and if i get a negative result from my pcr test i will fly to Khon Kaen the next day \

Good and helpful info.....................