Bangkok prepares for Loy Krathong festival

webfact

FF0850B1-7044-4C16-8CBC-E6368ACA2D8A.jpg

Bangkok is preparing for the Loy Krathong festival, celebrated across the city on November 19th, with strict COVID-19 measures in place.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang announced that this year’s Loy Krathong festival will be held at two prime locations, namely Ong Ang Canal in Samphanthawong and Phra Nakhon districts, and under the Rama 8 Bridge in Bang Phlat district.

30 public parks across the capital will also be open for the festival, but under strict measures to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-prepares-for-loy-krathong-festival/

Logo-top-.png

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

No alcohol, no fireworks, no firecrackers, no lanterns, no fun...........another big draw for the multimillionaire Indian tourists gagging to come here.

There is alcohol, just not unlimited.  not sure why for a semi religious thing you need to go to a bar.

Lanterns in the country would not be an issue but lanterns set free in Pathum Thani or around the airports are just asking for problems.

Simple solution is if you want to have a beer go to 7 buy a couple and find a nice place to sit and watch things.

For me I am happy that I will be able to enjoy a nice meal and go out for once as I am not working Friday.

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Lanterns in the country would not be an issue but lanterns set free in Pathum Thani or around the airports are just asking for problems.

What goes up.... must come down.

Think about the pollution.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

There is alcohol, just not unlimited.  not sure why for a semi religious thing you need to go to a bar.

Simple solution is if you want to have a beer go to 7 buy a couple and find a nice place to sit and watch things.

For me I am happy that I will be able to enjoy a nice meal and go out for once as I am not working Friday.

Here's an idea...if YOU don't want to go to a bar during a 'semi religious thing', then don't.  If YOU don't want to drink alcohol, then don't.  I've never read a single post on this forum where someone is insisting that others have to drink anything, but the forum is full of the would-be authoritarians and Covid parrots insisting on what other people have to do to assuage their own fears or sense of morality.   

Here's a simple solution for you; stop thinking people are looking for you to tell them what to do, or solve their problems.