Jump to content

Can you still extend visa Excempt ?


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Chris KL said:

this time i wont using the offical Tourst 60 day visa and will enter on Visa excempt

 

Can I still extent the excempt?

Be aware that the airline checking you in for your flights to Thailand will want/need to see a confirmed ticket departing Thailand within 30 days of your arrival.  They won't care if you are "planning to" extend to 60 days, so book your air ticket accordingly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

They won't care if you are "planning to" extend to 60 days, so book your air ticket accordingly.

True. 

What many do is to book cheapest onward ticket and chuck.

Or...buy ticket from net companies such as 'onward flight" etc 

Or actually book a real return flight that has flexible flight date change.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just entered BKK on a visa waiver because of the eVisa platform issues.

The Airline thoroughly investigated my <30day return flight that I booked with onwardflight.com, but they accepted it.

 

Can I go straight away to request the 30-day extension, or do I need to wait until my current visa is close to expiring? Asking this because I happen to be in Bangkok and not sure where I'll be in 30 days (road trip).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Capibara said:

Can I go straight away to request the 30-day extension, or do I need to wait until my current visa is close to expiring? Asking this because I happen to be in Bangkok and not sure where I'll be in 30 days (road trip).

Most office will only do the extension 2 weeks early.

You can apply for the 30 day extension at any immigration office. There is one in every province now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 8:42 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes if you meet the requirements.

Non O based on? 

Retirement. Money seasoned long time.

 

The only reason I'm thinking of this is because it will be devilishly difficult & expensive to come up with the required insurance for an over 70. Frankly, just missing kids & grandkids after this two-plus years of Covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Retirement. Money seasoned long time.

 

The only reason I'm thinking of this is because it will be devilishly difficult & expensive to come up with the required insurance for an over 70. Frankly, just missing kids & grandkids after this two-plus years of Covid.

Enter Thailand visa exempt. You can obtain the 50k insurance for that.

That gives you 30 days which you can extend by 30.

It may even be possible to obtain covid extension after that.

How long do you hope to stay in Thailand.

If 50+ there are other options.

Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...