Thai Airways to continue to be national flag carrier despite financial woes

webfact

On 11/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Well that's the rub, where does trust, training and panic set in?

I know personally a bunch of mainline and regional cabin crews in the US. 

I think for the most part I would trust them all to step up and do what they are trained to do in an event.

I've watched SE Asian crews, and I'm not so sure!

A pretty face doesn't always make you competent 

Tell you what, give me Ray, a hairy@rsed ex tyre fitter from Swindon, who is friendly and keeps the drinks pouring, over Delilah, for whom everything is too much bother, any time. 

10 hours ago, baboon said:

Tell you what, give me Ray, a hairy@rsed ex tyre fitter from Swindon, who is friendly and keeps the drinks pouring, over Delilah, for whom everything is too much bother, any time. 

Ray can be as ugly as f**ck.

But if he keeps the food and booze flowing, and is still able when things go tits up can do his job I'm good with that

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 9:45 PM, khaowong1 said:

National Flag Carrier.  Has everyone forgotten Air America?  Now that was a flag carrier.  ????

Two or three of those guys are still around Bangkok. Could only hope that today's pilots have 10 percent of the skill those guys had when flying.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Drake said:

Two or three of those guys are still around Bangkok. Could only hope that today's pilots have 10 percent of the skill those guys had when flying.

They dang sure had the skills of of setting them down and getting them out of tight situations.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

Well that's the problem, most of today's pilots don't fly, the aircraft electronics fly the plane.

It was interesting after the incident when Captain Sully ditched in the Hudson river after a bird strike took out both engines he 'flew' the plane manually

The opposite is true for the crew of AF447, who became overwhelmed by the data they were being given from the frozen pitot tubes, and rather than just fly the plane, relied on the electronics, which as we all know resulted in the loss of the aircraft and its passengers in the Atlantic