Thai Baht, increasing in value??

On 11/9/2021 at 9:02 AM, ourdon said:

Don't know but it's irritating as hell.  I think the Baht is up about 4% on the CAD.

Maybe other people believe TAT figures??

Currently my wife is a sales director in international company. When we go back to Canada she will be picking fruit.

When my mom immigrated to Canada she had PhD, hired as a teacher but was cleaning toilets instead.

I dunno....maybe that's the reason.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:02 AM, ourdon said:

Don't know but it's irritating as hell.  I think the Baht is up about 4% on the CAD.

Maybe other people believe TAT figures??

Cad is a oil related currency . Oil did take a move backwards around the opening  as did the Norwegian Kroner which is also a oil related currency .

Does anyone actually believe it's a free floating market ? ????

If you've ever invested in stocks, currencies, futures, and actually understood how things in the world operate, then you realize it's all a controlled farce.

Understand it, and get the trading software that exposes it, and you can make a lot of money.    Think otherwise, and the elite will profit greatly off your ignorance.

Knowledge is and always will be king.

• Haha 1

I'm quite amused that there a couple laughing Emoji at my post of 02.46 am of yesterday the 9th

Either they think that I'm joking about the 3rd paragraph or some are thicker than I thought ????

I suspect it's the latter....????

54 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

euro even worse..a month ago i got 39.20 today 37.70 that's a hell of a drop

The Euro shall go dive more if Brexit Boris trigger his "nuclear option Article 16" ......

And when Europe trigger their "nuclear retaliation " the GBP might loose some points also ....

Both actions go strengthen undoubtedly  the Teflon Baht for us € & ₤ dependable ones .... ???? 

On 11/9/2021 at 9:05 AM, KarenBravo said:

The fact is, is that exchange rates fluctuate. Long term, most Asian countries currency is strengthening against the US$ as they continue economic development with higher annual growth rates than the West. 

Generally true but the Baht was 25 to the US dollar back in 1997, the Indonesian Rupiah was 2,500 to the US dollar etc.  Point being that nobody knows what FX rates will be next week or two years from now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I'm quite amused that there a couple laughing Emoji at my post of 02.46 am of yesterday the 9th

Either they think that I'm joking about the 3rd paragraph or some are thicker than I thought ????

I suspect it's the latter....????

It’s because your post was baseless and ridiculous 

Currency traders did this.  Once US Congress voted another 2 trillion $$ for Biden Build Back Better, they dumped ISD—which in turn sank other currencies.  USD hit hard losing 54 Satang in 24 hours—a record I think.

When will traders sink the Baht for a change?  We’re all waiting…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Currency traders did this.  Once US Congress voted another 2 trillion $$ for Biden Build Back Better, they dumped ISD—which in turn sank other currencies.  USD hit hard losing 54 Satang in 24 hours—a record I think.

When will traders sink the Baht for a change?  We’re all waiting…

Thailand has a big supply of Gold ....., just check Gold price.....it was yesterday 50706/€ a kg .....and now already 1 day later same website of that Gold trader 51800/ € a kg 

In the old days we would expect a war is  coming .....???? What about now ...?

AmsterdamGold | Buy gold bars. Secure, trustworthy and discrete

(My quote yesterday on a post) :

2021-11-10_214425.png

TODAY !!

2021-11-10_214803.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Thailand has a big supply of Gold ....., just check Gold price.....it was yesterday 50706/€ a kg .....and now already 1 day later same website of that Gold trader 51800/ € a kg 

In the old days we would expect a war is  coming .....???? What about now ...?

AmsterdamGold | Buy gold bars. Secure, trustworthy and discrete

(My quote yesterday on a post) :

2021-11-10_214425.png

TODAY !!

2021-11-10_214803.png

I think a war is coming

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, david555 said:

The Euro shall go dive more if Brexit Boris trigger his "nuclear option Article 16" ......

And when Europe trigger their "nuclear retaliation " the GBP might loose some points also ....

Both actions go strengthen undoubtedly  the Teflon Baht for us € & ₤ dependable ones .... ???? 

not good news eh as of our pittance of a pension goes anywhere now ..time to tighten the belt maybe 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

not good news eh as of our pittance of a pension goes anywhere now ..time to tighten the belt maybe 

For me is good news as i go transfer out half of my 800K+"ransom money " (end this month ) , needed on bank for 5 months a year  by immigration rule ....., as i return E.U. by 3th quarter 2022 (taking then the other half with me ..???? ) , as i stop Thailand stay afterv13 years .

And so i like to buy / transfer cheap € from Thai "Teflon " Baht????

PS : after december now , € may go up again in value to help you out guy's ???? as i need it no ฿ more to rise for another 5 month's before my last end batch transfer /taking out ????

Edited by david555

On 11/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, Eric Loh said:

Bitter 1997 lessons learned. Financial disaster from manupulation that spread throughout Asia. 

Deary, deary me. Your total ignorance on this is showing.

Before 1997 the Thai Baht was tied to the US dollar.

The problem was that interest rates for the Thai Baht was much higher than the US dollar.

Therefore, at the time, it made sense for borrowers in Thailand to take out loans in US dollars as the interest they had to pay was a lot lower.

The money market saw that the Thai emperor had no clothes and put downward pressure on the Baht. The Thai government ran out of foreign exchange due to their attempt to defend the Baht and was forced to float the currency. Because the Baht got devalued, it became very expensive to repay all those debts denominated in US dollars and the result was the Asian Financial Crisis.

Try reading up on the facts instead of pulling BS from your behind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Deary, deary me. Your total ignorance on this is showing.

Before 1997 the Thai Baht was tied to the US dollar.

The problem was that interest rates for the Thai Baht was much higher than the US dollar.

Therefore, at the time, it made sense for borrowers in Thailand to take out loans in US dollars as the interest they had to pay was a lot lower.

The money market saw that the Thai emperor had no clothes and put downward pressure on the Baht. The Thai government ran out of foreign exchange due to their attempt to defend the Baht and was forced to float the currency. Because the Baht got devalued, it became very expensive to repay all those debts denominated in US dollars and the result was the Asian Financial Crisis.

Try reading up on the facts instead of pulling BS from your behind. 

We are discussing foreign reserves manupulation of the fixed exchange rate. Then it was a financial disaster when BOT exhausted US39 B of foreign reserves to defend the Baht. You are out of depth, smug and impolite. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

We are discussing foreign reserves manupulation of the fixed exchange rate. Then it was a financial disaster when BOT exhausted US39 B of foreign reserves to defend the Baht. You are out of depth, smug and impolite. 

What rubbish. No manipulation, just stupidity spending all the foreign reserves. The UK did the exact same thing in 1992, failed and left the Exchange Rate Mechanism. There was no talk of "manipulation".

You are way out of YOUR depth as evident by your post. Impolite? Maybe. I'm sick and tired of all these stupid conspiracy theories. Smug? No.

Here is the dictionary definition of Currency Manipulation.

Currency manipulation, the policy by which countries weaken their currencies to boost their trade surpluses

Again, I suggest you read up on the subject..........I did.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

What rubbish. No manipulation, just stupidity spending all the foreign reserves. The UK did the exact same thing in 1992, failed and left the Exchange Rate Mechanism. There was no talk of "manipulation".

You are way out of YOUR depth as evident by your post. Impolite? Maybe. I'm sick and tired of all these stupid conspiracy theories. Smug? No.

Here is the dictionary definition of Currency Manipulation.

Currency manipulation, the policy by which countries weaken their currencies to boost their trade surpluses

Again, I suggest you read up on the subject..........I did.

Countries weakened or strengthened their currencies by buying and selling in the currency markets. Thailand did that in 1997 with disastrous results. It is called currency manipulation or 'studity spending' as you called this. I did more than read, I live that moment in 1997. 

• Like 1