UK now recognises Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines

webfact

3 hours ago, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

Just wondering where are the keyboard warriors that were hammering these Vaccines ? What now you say ?

Warmest

This is what I say now.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

People who have been fully vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm in Thailand, as well as with one of the UK’s approved vaccines,

2 jabs of the Chinese juice just doesn't cut that hot English mustard. Need a booster. My 2 jabs of AZ should be fine.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, poohy said:

super news!

Yes indeed, especially for us in Cambodia where Sinovac and Sinopharm are the only two vaccines available for the general population. The limited supplies of donated "western" vaccines are used as third booster jabs for frontline staff. I am regarded as fully vaccinated with 2 jabs of Sinovac.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This is what I say now.

2 jabs of the Chinese juice just doesn't cut that hot English mustard. Need a booster. My 2 jabs of AZ should be fine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/travel-updatenew-guidance-for-people-vaccinated-under-who-emergency-use-listing-and-under-18s

Can you show me where it says 2 doses of Sinovac is not classified as being fully vaccinated to enter the UK

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/travel-updatenew-guidance-for-people-vaccinated-under-who-emergency-use-listing-and-under-18s

Can you show me where it says 2 doses of Sinovac is not classified as being fully vaccinated

If you need another jab of a UK approaved vaccine after 2 jabs of Sinovac or Sinopharm I guess the UK doesn't see these 2 jabs as being fully vaccinated hence ....

45 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

as well as with one of the UK’s approved vaccines,

Being that Pfizer and AZ are not mentioned as needing a 3rd jab of a UK approved vaccine (which of course are alredy approved) it seems you would be deemed fully vaccinated with these. Maybe my logic fails me but this seems to be the case.

Edited by dinsdale

7 hours ago, webfact said:

From 22 November, the British government will recognise the Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines

My Mrs had the Sinovac vax two months ago. Does this mean that she cannot enter UK before 22nd November?

4 hours ago, jasonr3255 said:

My Stepson, who carries a UK passport will be travelling to the UK in 3 weeks he has had two vaccines here in Thailand of Sinovac & Astra Zeneca. Obviously his Vaccine certifications are both In Thai. Where and how would he get an English version as gov.uk says the Name d.o.b  vaccine, issuing country must be in English. I’m assuming going to a local doctor translating the certificate and signing it would not be acceptable. 
Does anybody have any idea where we can pay way over the odds for such a document ????

I think that you may have to contact the hospital where he had the jabs. If they don't have the yellow book, they should be able to put you onto the people that will do it. 

I have just looked at mine and it is in English.

It is normally a 5 day turn around though I nearly got it while I was waiting. However the signee was in BKK that day but they prepped it for him/me and sent it Flash delivery the next day for another 50 baht.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

The certificate will be available on Mor Phrom with English annotation for the relevant fields. You have to watch the name, if copied from the Thai every chance it will be wrong. This can be corrected by the vaccination centre that did the vaccination.

If the app is too much of a problem I believe there has been vaccination offices set up in most of the larger government hospitals, certainly one in mine. You can go there and they will print off a certificate free of charge.

The other option is to apply for the international certificate, think they are available at certain locations for 50 baht.

Mine is a little yellow booklet and cost 50 baht.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My Mrs had the Sinovac vax two months ago. Does this mean that she cannot enter UK before 22nd November?

Yes it does. Get another jab tomorrow of Pfzer or AZ and by the 22nd she will be ok. 13 days after the jab not 14 but that should be ok.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Nup. "As well as with one...." means you need another jab. One approved by the UK.  2 Chinese + 1 other UK approved. I think the English is pretty straightforward and doesn't leave room for misinterpretation.

Once again the laughing emoji in response to my post from you know who. Thanks though mate. Got me to 10,000.

29 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Once again the laughing emoji in response to my post from you know who. Thanks though mate. Got me to 10,000.

I’m laughing because despite 2 requests you still cannot show

me where it confirms in the NHS link  what you are saying. 

But congrats on the 10,000. Must be a lot of spare time in teaching these days. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yes it does. Get another jab tomorrow of Pfzer or AZ and by the 22nd she will be ok. 13 days after the jab not 14 but that should be ok.

@KanikkaP it's 14 days from the day of the jab. I haven't looked but I would also think that if someone had their 2nd jab more than 6 months ago no matter what the vaccine they too would need a booster. In Israel now you are not considered fully vaccinated if your 2nd jab was more than 6 months ago and you haven't had a booster.

Edited by dinsdale

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Struth. You know so much about someone with it actually knowing anything. Get yourself a hobby and stalk someone else. 

……..But welcome back again Cherrytreeview. 

Struth......now not heard that for a while......going to work that into some conversations.....cheers.

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m laughing because despite 2 requests you still cannot show

me where it confirms in the NHS link  what you are saying. 

But congrats on the 10,000. Must be a lot of spare time in teaching these days. 

It's in the article. I've quoted it twice. If you believe the information in the article is incorrect on this matter take it up with the editor. As for your second paragraph weIl that's just another one of your nasty childish replies. I will waste no more of my time with you.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

People who have been fully vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm in Thailand, as well as with one of the UK’s approved vaccines,

Well thats certainly how I'm reading it, this implies that you need an additional UK approved vaccine as well as either the Sinovac or Sinopharm. This needs clarifying officailly

• Like 1

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

It has been noted that the same members have been posting negative emoticons on another member's posts again, please note this was noticed back in August and the the following was posted in a public notice:

Posting negative emoticons repeatedly on a certain member's posts also classifies as stalking.  If the certain members do not desist from these baiting/stalking tactics, warnings will be issued.  This behavior has been going on too long.

Edit:  Some troll posts with trolling comments toward the same members have been removed. 

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jasonr3255 said:

My Stepson, who carries a UK passport will be travelling to the UK in 3 weeks he has had two vaccines here in Thailand of Sinovac & Astra Zeneca. Obviously his Vaccine certifications are both In Thai. Where and how would he get an English version as gov.uk says the Name d.o.b  vaccine, issuing country must be in English. I’m assuming going to a local doctor translating the certificate and signing it would not be acceptable. 
Does anybody have any idea where we can pay way over the odds for such a document ????

He can ask the hospital where he was vaccinated to give him a certificate in English, it takes a few days though.

Warmest

Entering England during coronavirus  

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Approved vaccines and list of countries and territories with approved COVID-19 proof of vaccination for travel to England.

What you need to do when you travel to England depends on whether you qualify as fully vaccinated or not.

To qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England, you must have proof of full vaccination with a full course of an approved vaccine. The proof must have been issued by (either):

one of the countries or territories listed below

Thailand -- Vaccine certificate.

Approved vaccines
You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

Oxford/AstraZeneca
Pfizer BioNTech
Moderna

Janssen

and from 4am 22 November, World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines:

Sinovac
Sinopharm Beijing
Covaxin
The day you have your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

11 hours ago, jwest10 said:

UK Citizens returning to Thailand for instance would be subjected to strict Covit medical insurance and very costly and not sure if the Thais are covered and know covered in Thailand.

Families could still be split up.

How could families be split up?

If you can't afford a holiday, stay at home.

• Like 1

On the face of it great news but do not forget the UK Citizens returning to Thailand for instance would be subjected to strict Covit medical insurance and very costly and not sure if the Thais are covered and know covered in Thailand.
Families could still be split up.
Or am I missing something and as UK citizens we not entitled to medical care , even though paid our dues for 40 or 50 years and yes travel insurance for Thais?

This is about travel TO UK not from UK....and nothing at all to paying dues to NHS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

It's also worth pointing out that Thai teachers need to be fully vaccinated. If they have had 2 Sinovac they need an mRNA booster. This is what the UK is saying also. Very simple.  2 jabs of the Chinese stuff is not considered fully vaccinated by the UK or the MOE here.

All double vaccines now need boosters or are recommended. My family... AZ..Pfizer etc had their booster two weeks ago. In future in the UK boosters will be linked to traveling