UK now recognises Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines

webfact

10 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Sorry, but I think you're getting it wrong. It's certainly not the way I (or I suspect most native English speakers) would interpret that.

Another completely logical way to read it (and which is the way it was intended, I think) is:

"People who have been fully vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm in Thailand, as well as [people who have been fully vaccinated] with one of the UK’s approved vaccines."

As far as I'm concerned, the "as well as" refers to the fact that the Chinese vaccines are being accepted, "as well as" the vaccines approved in the UK.

Agree. English is a funny language. What you have added leaves no doubt. You take out the ambiguity. Cheers. By the way I am an NES. 

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s was explained to him a number of times but he chose to try and patronise others with  his insulting 2+1 = 3 type of posts and questioning others understanding of English when it was his very own understanding of English that was the issue.

But hey ho, an admission of being wrong is something, credit for that.

Maybe an apology to those who were insulted would be even better. 

Here's my apology to you ......................................................................................................................................... . Fill in what you think I would say.

Edited by dinsdale

In response to no one in particular, I do find the sentence structure rather ambiguous.

As an aside a Union in the USA won huge compensation case on appeal ...........their whole argument swung on the placement of a comma in one sentence!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deli said:

Bow for the commies and be sheeple.

Ok, so you don't have an answer.  As I thought.

One more chance with the troll: why are you disgusted that the UK is now accepting Sinovac?  DO you have any actual scientific reasoning?  Something has obviously disgusted you.    Or do you just call people Commies and Sheeple (which is incredibly witty by the way, full marks) and then run away?

On 11/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, jwest10 said:

On the face of it great news but do not forget the UK Citizens returning to Thailand for instance would be subjected to strict Covit medical insurance and very costly and not sure if the Thais are covered and know covered in Thailand.
Families could still be split up.
Or am I missing something and as UK citizens we not entitled to medical care , even though paid our dues for 40 or 50 years and yes travel insurance for Thais?

There's always one who loves to pi$$ on the bonfire of a positive OP, isn't there?