UK now recognises Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines

webfact

Any word on mixed vaccinations....sinovac/AZ or have I missed that?

Whoops. Edit

Does this cover it?

"..........as well as with one of the UK’s approved vaccines"

Is AZ produced in Thailand approved?

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Any word on mixed vaccinations....sinovac/AZ or have I missed that?

Whoops. Edit

Does this cover it?

"..........as well as with one of the UK’s approved vaccines"

Is AZ produced in Thailand approved?

Yes Thai AZ is apptoved.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, poohy said:

super news!

On the face of it great news but do not forget the UK Citizens returning to Thailand for instance would be subjected to strict Covit medical insurance and very costly and not sure if the Thais are covered and know covered in Thailand.
Families could still be split up.
Or am I missing something and as UK citizens we not entitled to medical care , even though paid our dues for 40 or 50 years and yes travel insurance for Thais?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

On the face of it great news but do not forget the UK Citizens returning to Thailand for instance would be subjected to strict Covit medical insurance and very costly and not sure if the Thais are covered and know covered in Thailand.
Families could still be split up.
Or am I missing something and as UK citizens we not entitled to medical care , even though paid our dues for 40 or 50 years and yes travel insurance for Thais?

I will be returning 2 weeks prior to reentry expiring i can run with 2 weeks insurance  i think

but yes that must be kept in mind

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jasonr3255 said:

My Stepson, who carries a UK passport will be travelling to the UK in 3 weeks he has had two vaccines here in Thailand of Sinovac & Astra Zeneca. Obviously his Vaccine certifications are both In Thai. Where and how would he get an English version as gov.uk says the Name d.o.b  vaccine, issuing country must be in English. I’m assuming going to a local doctor translating the certificate and signing it would not be acceptable. 
Does anybody have any idea where we can pay way over the odds for such a document ????

The certificate will be available on Mor Phrom with English annotation for the relevant fields. You have to watch the name, if copied from the Thai every chance it will be wrong. This can be corrected by the vaccination centre that did the vaccination.

If the app is too much of a problem I believe there has been vaccination offices set up in most of the larger government hospitals, certainly one in mine. You can go there and they will print off a certificate free of charge.

The other option is to apply for the international certificate, think they are available at certain locations for 50 baht.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PMSMITH65 said:

The UK has been opened for months. It's called living with the virus.

Cases have been falling for over a week.

Thailand hasn't even reopened yet.

If/when they do, cases will surge.

Do you know how Thailand will react if cases start rising?

Close everything again?

Thailand doesn't know what day of the week it is.

It's a complete joke.

And yet the statistics for both countries tell a very different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

57 yesterday, probably made up of elderly, pre existing conditions and those without a vaccine but let’s keep the exaggerated drama going 

Yesterday’s figures relate to Sunday. For a more realistic figure watch what happens today. The weekend figures are always lower.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jasonr3255 said:

My Stepson, who carries a UK passport will be travelling to the UK in 3 weeks he has had two vaccines here in Thailand of Sinovac & Astra Zeneca. Obviously his Vaccine certifications are both In Thai. Where and how would he get an English version as gov.uk says the Name d.o.b  vaccine, issuing country must be in English. I’m assuming going to a local doctor translating the certificate and signing it would not be acceptable. 
Does anybody have any idea where we can pay way over the odds for such a document ????

The certificate I received from the hospital in Bangkok was in Thai and English. If you have Mor Phrom it’s also in both languages.

• Like 2