How I Got My Thai Pass Approved In 10 Hours

7 hours ago, farang51 said:

It may be cheaper; however, it is not suitable for the Thailand Pass. The COE required covid coverage only, the Thailand Pass requires health care including covid coverage.

Can you please explain more? I listed my age as 82 (birthday 2 days after I'm supposed to land Dec.7). I went through the tipinsure sign up to the point were they ask for your card, and nowhere can I find a description in detailed text of what they really insure or include, nor can I find it in any online search of the name or their parent company which seems to be TGIA. Any suggestions appreciated.

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

Can you please explain more? I listed my age as 82 (birthday 2 days after I'm supposed to land Dec.7). I went through the tipinsure sign up to the point were they ask for your card, and nowhere can I find a description in detailed text of what they really insure or include, nor can I find it in any online search of the name or their parent company which seems to be TGIA. Any suggestions appreciated.

That is because you followed a link that skipped the first page, try this instead:

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, farang51 said:

That is because you followed a link that skipped the first page, try this instead:

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Actually I did see that page at one point in my search, now realize I discounted it and didn't want to believe it because it seems to hark back to the COE system which only required Covid-specific insurance. That page doesn't say to me anything about general coverage. The TP system now wants, if I understand it right, a general health insurance policy of at least $50,000 coverage which explicitly includes  Covid along with things in general. Now if I understand it all wrongly, or in spite of what I just said this tipinsure policy will be accepted by the TP system, that's what I need to find out. At the beginning of the month there was confusion, but what I've been getting is the system wants general insurance with Covid included. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Enzian
clarity

22 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Actually I did see that page at one point in my search, now realize I discounted it and didn't want to believe it because it seems to hark back to the COE system which only required Covid-specific insurance. That page doesn't say to me anything about general coverage. The TP system now wants, if I understand it right, a general health insurance policy of at least $50,000 coverage which explicitly includes  Covid along with things in general. Now if I understand it all wrongly, or in spite of what I just said this tipinsure policy will be accepted by the TP system, that's what I need to find out. At the beginning of the month there was confusion, but what I've been getting is the system wants general insurance with Covid included. Thanks for the help.

It is quite confusing. They have not updated the tipinsure (TGIA) website; as you can see, they still offer a 100,000 USD insurance. And for covid only.

Also, I am not sure the now required health insurance actually needs to cover covid. Some places they say it does, other places they do not mention covid coverage.

I don't know how long you intend to stay, maybe a travel insurance will do? I am not sure if travel insurances have age restrictions.

Personally, I chose to have the TGIA insurance to cover me in case of a positive covid test. My travel insurance is great for health care but do not cover "treatment" in case of asymptomatic covid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Re: Farang51: My flight is not till Dec. 6, and I've held off starting the document gathering hoping that some of this would be clarified and the companies would bring their offerings up to date completely.

Further, it doesn't matter how long I "intend" to stay, because my current permission to stay only lasts till Dec. 20, and the rules are already pretty clear that I only need THIS insurance to that date. Of course by that date I hope to have, as usual, renewed my extension of stay by 12 months. 

And I am trying to look into travel insurance per se.

Again, thanks.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:46 AM, Judysha said:

4. VERY IMPORTANT: When you apply for the THAI PASS on the website make sure all your documents are in jpg, png the system won't accept PDF so what I did was to take screenshots of my documents. Make sure your Vaccination Certificate shows the QR code.

I applied for my Thai Pass last night & all my documents where PDF & it all went through o.k.....did it not except PDF files for you? or was this something you read? or do you mean your application will not be excepted ?

On 11/10/2021 at 11:23 AM, Judysha said:

Hi EricTh!

1 - I actually am not in any VISA- I'm travelling from the Philippines so visa is not required for me, But yes health insurance is required when you travel to Thailand. 

foreigners who are applying for and entering Thailand with a non-immigrant O visa must show that they have valid health insurance covering their period of stay

I've come across to this link, feel free to visit the link you might find some information here too.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/health-insurance-thailand-for-retirees

2- Health insurance should cover the length of stay. 

3. I highly suggest you get your ticket date, why? because the hotel will require you to input the Flight Number Origin at the same time this information that hotel will ask from you they will submit it to the Thai Consulate to monitor the tourists and other expats entering the country.  Get the Insurance via Axa Thailand, Send this documents to the hotel right after.  That's the time you apply for COE. 

Hope this would help. 

have a good day!

On 11/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, DrJack54 said:

@Judysha 

A double thank you.

The link you posted is so user-friendly. So I just ran this in for 65 yr from Oz. 

Length of coverage 30 days and also 320 days.

For us folk with a current POS (in my case renewed last week). The insurance length of coverage can vary greatly. 

Hardly fair. 

Screenshot_20211110-113246.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-113226.jpg

This insurance issue drags on with confusion. As I reported elsewhere, the Director General of the Department of Consular Affairs said only 30 days insurance required for long term residents. Clearly he doesn't know, or was making it up.

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

This insurance issue drags on with confusion. As I reported elsewhere, the Director General of the Department of Consular Affairs said only 30 days insurance required for long term residents. Clearly he doesn't know, or was making it up.

Yep. Thanks for that.

Personally my travel to Oz won't be till Feb next year and I'm hoping by then the TP along with all requirements will be clear.