20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists

webfact

24 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Does this mean anyone riding thier bikes on the sidewalk  on the. Beach, or any sidewalk  for that matter can be fined if recorded  and reported? What about ones who ride their bikes the wrong way on the roads, you know against  traffiic or wrong directions  on one way street?  One could make a fortune in one day alone just on the beach, beach road, 2nd road.  One could literally  sit in one spot and record  more than 10 violating individuals  a day in these locations, and earn 100,000 thb a day.  There is no way this reporting  system will work the way its designed.   One could earn 1 million in just ten days sitting and recording in these locations.   

Or you could just join the police force and collect 1 million in ten days, or more, if you have the appropriate talent, and a penchant for Ferraris.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Here's an idea, put up some CCTVs, instead of asking people to grass up others. 

Or how about more better trained cops that actually go out and do their jobs. That 20K reward for grassing someone may not be enough to cover the bills if you get found out

• Like 1

Just now, samtam said:

Or you could just join the police force and collect 1 million in ten days, or more, if you have the appropriate talent, and a penchant for Ferraris.

Lol!  But they don't allow foreigners on their police force.  I think someone  with integrity would put a srain on a perfect system

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists"

That's not true, it's a very misleading title.

What the article actually reported is...

"...Those who reported could also have a chance to win a prize of up to 20,000 baht every month.  Prizes will be offered to clip owners to win up to 20,000 baht. About 10 prizes will be given away every month, totaling 50,000 baht,”

There used to be a time when journalism was an artform. Apparently it's now another lost one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is pretty much endemic.

I would be more comfortable trying to win 20,000 baht for reporting arrogant Westerners not wearing masks.

Four Americans walked into our hotel lobby today....no masks.....the poor guy on the door asked them politely to put masks on. They just laughed at him.

Walked from soi 2 to soi 8 and saw another six farangs walking along no masks.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

Real life: Nasty kicking for anybody seen photographing offenders license plates.

Note: The actual win motorcycle drivers are generally very decent guys.

This could be better than getting a real job for some. I already feel the eyes of my neighbors on my back when I take my bike out for a spin. Now that they can make money life won't be the same.

42 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

What is the fine (if there is one) for riding without a licence number plate? Could start to see more bikes without plates. 

Where I live the kids ride at night without plates and no lights on. Now they would be hard to catch. Don't ask me how they see as the roads are dark and there are many pot holes.

• Like 1

ROTFLMAO I live in a village in NE Issan I could be a millionaire in less than a week...a friend who also lives here went to the police station a few years ago and asked where he should go to get his motorcycle licence. The policeman replied.Why do you want a licence no one else has one" it's changed a bit since then but dozens of young underage boy and girls can be seen driving motorbike every day here

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

There just aren't  enough police in Thailand.   And the ones with integrity... well.....

No shortage of Thai police....over 200,000. UK for comparison has 123,00.

The problem is the RTP who, by and large, commit crimes, whereas in the UK the police solve crimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists"

That's not true, it's a very misleading title.

What the article actually reported is...

"...Those who reported could also have a chance to win a prize of up to 20,000 baht every month.  Prizes will be offered to clip owners to win up to 20,000 baht. About 10 prizes will be given away every month, totaling 50,000 baht,”

Hmm there's always a catch

41 minutes ago, samtam said:

And a large supply of plastic bags

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

This is pretty much endemic.

I would be more comfortable trying to win 20,000 baht for reporting arrogant Westerners not wearing masks.

Four Americans walked into our hotel lobby today....no masks.....the poor guy on the door asked them politely to put masks on. They just laughed at him.

Walked from soi 2 to soi 8 and saw another six farangs walking along no masks.

If you've seen any major social or sporting events from US or Europe on tv recently, the mask-wearing mandate seems to be over already.

How long do you propose to keep wearing yours, here?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...when they're not being charged with murder, kidnapping and corruption.

Using a football analogy......

Thailand would be in the Premier League (for murder, kidnapping and corruption) and looking for a season treble.

The UK would be struggling to stay in the pub Sunday league.

I’m not sure what’s the catch here ???? It is indeed a very misleading article!

If this was half truthful we would all be multimillionaire in a quickest ever manner ????

Literally 99.9% are at fault and that’s including the police who doesn’t drive any better, just the other day they pulled out of a Soi without looking who else was on the road, how typical ???? if I hadn’t used my brakes in time, I would’ve driven over them ????????‍♂️
I still can’t figure out what’s the logic of not looking and caring who’s around you ????????‍♂️

I very much doubt anyone who is not thai would make any pennies out of thai people ????

16 minutes ago, huangnon said:

If you've seen any major social or sporting events from US or Europe on tv recently, the mask-wearing mandate seems to be over already.

As long as the advice from the Thai government remains in place

........if Thais, working 10 to 12 hours outside in this climate can wear them, then I feel duty bound to comply as I wander from bar to bar.

I am no great fan of masks, but as a foreigner (guest) I think it is only sensible to comply.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Call me crazy, but I wonder if the lack of mask-wearing and large sporting/social events in the UK is connected to their 30,000 plus new cases each day?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, huangnon said:

There's still a mandate here so I suppose most people will carry om wearing masks until it's lifted, just as happened in the US and Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

What is a "scroll wheel?

Of course lost in translation.

With that blurry picture I can't read the Thai text.

I assume it's all kind of e-scooters/unicycles/segways whatever annoys pedestrians.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2