Status on the e-visa system, is it still broken ?

Can someone who got TR visa let us know for how many nights did you have hotel booking? When I was applying in person at my local consulate I always had booking for just few nights (sometimes just 1 night) and it was approved without issue.

I was reading somewhere that through e-Visa you need to have hotels booked for the most part of your trip (>30 nights) which would be insane. Can someone clarify this?

1 hour ago, Alldar said:

Can someone who got TR visa let us know for how many nights did you have hotel booking? When I was applying in person at my local consulate I always had booking for just few nights (sometimes just 1 night) and it was approved without issue.

I was reading somewhere that through e-Visa you need to have hotels booked for the most part of your trip (>30 nights) which would be insane. Can someone clarify this?

Hi Alldar,

I applied for the stv visa and gave them a 1 month booking. They got back to me and said that 1 month paid accommodation booking was insufficient and that i needed paid accomadation for 3 months so i had to change my original booking and book a new room for 3 months.

If its not the stv visa and just the regular visa then i would assume less days is fine.

Good luck

5 hours ago, Alldar said:

I was reading somewhere that through e-Visa you need to have hotels booked for the most part of your trip (>30 nights) which would be insane.

I think 60 days might be required since that is number of days you will get when you enter the country.

You can reserve a room and cancel after you get the visa approval.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think 60 days might be required since that is number of days you will get when you enter the country.

Perhaps, they would accept a shorter booking if you have an onward ticket out of Thailand matching your hotel booking. Who knows? I must admit that when visiting Thailand years ago as a tourist (and not using a package tour) I never planned my entire trip in advance. I wanted the flexibility to travel around as opportunities presented themselves. However, most Thais do not organise their tourist trips like that. Perhaps, Thai officials cannot understand the concept of travelling around for pleasure, as opposed to pre-planned photo opportunities.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I understand your point but I can come just for 35 days, or 40 days. In those cases I need a TR visa as well, but it does not make sense to book hotel for more days than I want to stay. In any way, it is quite bad system if I have to do it like this but it seems that there is no way around it.

48 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Perhaps, they would accept a shorter booking if you have an onward ticket out of Thailand matching your hotel booking. Who knows? I must admit that when visiting Thailand years ago as a tourist (and not using a package tour) I never planned my entire trip in advance. I wanted the flexibility to travel around as opportunities presented themselves. However, most Thais do not organise their tourist trips like that. Perhaps, Thai officials cannot understand the concept of travelling around for pleasure, as opposed to pre-planned photo opportunities.

I completely agree with you. It is not possible to plan 60 days in advance. Sometimes I don't know where I want to go the next day. It would be nice if someone who got TR visa replied here if they really had such long hotel bookings (not STV because that is special category). But I guess I will just make a hotel booking for 31 nights and cancel it after I get the visa.