Desperate Situation During Pandemic

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Tick box 1 or 4. 

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 229.8 kB · 765 downloads  

Also what about UK folk and many others.

Been plenty of flights to UK, USA etc...

Those folk are obtaining covid extensions.

So now there are flights to Oz.

Can you obtain covid extension?

Answer YES.

NO, I cannot get a Covid extension because I can travel back to Australia. 

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Don't know who your dealing with or where your advice is coming from but you are wrong. 

Perhaps the MANY citizens of Europe, UK, USA etc that are obtaining covid extensions (even with flights to home country available) can support your claim.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Yes you can since not being able to travel is not are requirement to apply for the extension.

Many people have been getting them for the past year.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't know who your dealing with or where your advice is coming from but you are wrong. 

Then how come I had to go to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok and get a letter stating that I could not return to Australia because of the Australian International Borders being closed to all people because of the Covid situation and when I got that letter I returned to immigration and I was given a Covid Visa at a cost of 1900B.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Then how come I had to go to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok and get a letter stating that I could not return to Australia because of the Australian International Borders being closed to all people because of the Covid situation and when I got that letter I returned to immigration and I was given a Covid Visa at a cost of 1900B.

That has not been a requirement for over a year now.

• Like 2

Having lived abroad most of my life and with nothing in my home country to return to, this is what I can advise you to do:

1. You need to make a clear Plan A, B and C. so that you know what to do in different future situations. It will not solve your problems, but it will reduce your daily stress. 

Also it is important that you face and accept reality. Plan B and C will most likely not be part of your “dreams”, but will be what you need to do if Plan A does not work out.

2. Money! You need to make as much money and possible. Work day and night if needed. With enough money everything is possible and it’s the only way to survive long-term abroad.

3. Get vaccinated! Not only does it enable you to travel if needed, but you also need to consider medical costs if you get really sick from Covid.

That said, you should know that living “your dream” abroad is not an easy thing. And it will get even harder the older you get, when you e.g. have kids, get sick etc.

If you are able to and can not make enough money online, I would consider going back to your home country, work hard and build up some savings. Then return later, when your position is more stronger.

Good luck.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That has not been a requirement for over a year now.

It was a requirement on the 20th July 2020 because I had to go through this rubbish that people like DrJack54 claims is wrong but he did not have to go through this and I did also open and read that link the DrJack54 posted and you will see that the reasons in 1 and 3 are because you could not return to the country because of Covid situation and that there were no airlines travelling. They were the only reasons that a person could get a Covid visa or an amnesty for.

• Confused 2

Firstly, get vaccinated.  I understand that you're worried about it, but most of us on here have done it and.... we're still posting on here. 

Also, it isn't just for you, it's to keep your friends & family safe too.

Also, when the land borders re-open, it'll be years before you can cross without proof of vaccine.  You need that.

As to your problem, the answer is money.  You don't have it, you need it.  My advice for what it's worth; go home.  Work your b0ll0cks off earning and developing skills that you could use to earn a living here.  You mentioned graduating to teach, there's one option to start with.  Your partner will wait if she's really yours.  Or, could she go with you for a few years?

You mentioned that you don't want to overstay, good, getting blacklisted for years is the last thing you need.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

reasons in 1 and 3 are because you could not return to the country because of Covid situation and that there were no airlines travelling

That's why you don't tick 1.

Tick #2.

Anyway your claim now that since flights are currently available to Oz that if your from Australia you cannot obtain a covid extension is just plain incorrect and misleading. 

In any event all off topic from the OP apart from the fact that I suggested to the OP to obtain a covid extension now.

When it's extended till late Jan he could possibly obtain another.

I understand he is from Europe.

Plenty of flights to Europe....won't prevent him from obtaining covid extension. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/13/2021 at 8:03 AM, DrJack54 said:

Calm down OP easy to say when your stressed. However 

you can obtain another covid extension and hopefully another late January.

That will give you time to consider next steps. 

Also at some point borders will open.

You are entitled to a covid extension even if you have had some previously.

did I hear rumor they were ending the covid extension in Dec?  i fly to bkk on the 19th hoping to get 30 days....(hoping) and extend another 30

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would somebody tick box 1 and 4?

Just tick box 2, unless the embassy would issue such a letter, but I think no embassy is doing this anymore.

18 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

did I hear rumor they were ending the covid extension in Dec?  i fly to bkk on the 19th hoping to get 30 days....(hoping) and extend another 30

The rumors are there every two months, but nobody here (also not random IOs in an immigration office) knows any facts, we have to wait and see.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2021 at 8:06 PM, JaydenL said:

Thank you Jack, it's always a pleasure to read your positive comments about possible extensions and supporting the ones in this situation. I think if the land borders were open, I would have more options to leave and consider re-entering via land borders, it's now just the only way to leave is to fly out, but I don't even know where and start my life from scratch leaving everything that I've built so far.

What sort of work do you do? Have a look at www.jobsdb.com if you find employment, your visa problem are dealt with and you will have a monthly income. I am looking for a M365 security architect, a solution sales manager and a Azure architect / Dev Ops engineer at the moment.

Hi mate I see two big issues in your topic. Money and vaccinations. Just have a look what happened in Austria today. They put unvaccinated people on a lookdown only allowed to go work. Teachers in Thailand must be fully vaccinated or they don’t get a contract or kicked out if they don’t go for vaccinations. Last but not least money. Thailand welcomes you as long you got money and the rules getting more and more harsher. Don’t get desperate about your situation. Just do the first step overcome your fear and get vaccinated… Chock Dee Krub

• Like 1

Hi OP,

I read only first or two pages of comments.

First of all like everyone said calm down. This thailand and there are options for sure. just need to find one. 

Secondly sorry to say but i cannot understand why you dont want to have covid vaccine. Risking yourself and other people is a very selfish thing to do. Thats stupid. 

yes, it is not easy to find a work without a degree. But what you can do is to apply one online and study online. OR you can even study in thai universities. If you chose to study in educational area most of the schools will accept you also labor office will accept your studying documents too. 

Another option is marriage. If you dont have 400K you can do that with an agency for 30K

But you need to understand something.. you need an income for yourself and your wife and for your life. You mentioned many times you are young for everything. Dont know your age but it seems you have enough time to make up your mind and make some life objectives. Do it. Be strong! Good luck

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 3:06 AM, DrJack54 said:
On 11/14/2021 at 2:51 AM, thai006 said:

leave thailand . get vaccinated and get the proper visa

Which visa would you suggest.

The same ones(s) that hundreds of other visitors easily get that allows them to enter Thailand and seek work and/or support a Thai family.

Moot point as the OP has scarpered already.

Edited by NanLaew

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The same ones(s) that hundreds of other visitors easily get that allows them to enter Thailand and seek work and/or support a Thai family.

The OP is already in Thailand.

The suggestion of obtaining an appropriate visa currently difficult.

Edited by DrJack54

On 11/13/2021 at 9:31 PM, Pravda said:

You don't have any future in Thailand. Harsh, but true. I would marry the lady you are with and bring her back to your country. You could have wiggled this lifestyle say 10 years ago, but this pandemic will never end which will make your stay in Thailand impossible.

He does have a future in Thailand. He just needs to hang on somehow until he turns 50. Then he will be able to get a retirement visa and stay here for the rest of his life.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

He does have a future in Thailand. He just needs to hang on somehow until he turns 50. Then he will be able to get a retirement visa and stay here for the rest of his life.

What's your guess at how much a retired person spends in Thailand per year. 

Of course that varies hugely.

The OP mentioned future hopes of having family etc.