U.S. Topic -- Predictions for the Kyle Rittenhouse Trial?

Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Agreed.  But having armed, untrained, civilian militias show up to go into battle isn't the answer.  It's what caused Kyle to kill people.  Let law enforcement handle it. 

That is where the problem lays , law enforcement could not control the rioting mob .

The mob were in control of the area , burning and looting at will , it was left to the people to reclaim the streets from the thugs and that involved using weapons to confront them and to protect the town from destruction .

The people rose up and reclaimed the streets 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, BuckAurelius said:

The problem is precisely that the "TRAINED police" are NOT doing their jobs, as Kenosha is proof positive, thanks to activist mayors who'd rather see their cities burned to the ground than stand up to the likes of the BLM. Only now is the National Guard being deployed--rather belatedly, to put it mildly. This whole sorry incident could have been avoided if the politicians had taken measures in the first place to protect these neighborhoods. But they abandoned them to the mob to score cheap political points. These are not just buildings burning, they're people's livelihoods. 

Talk about going off topic.  LOL.  Seems you don't understand what BLM is all about.

But yes, it could have been avoided if politicians had taken measures in the first place to make sure police aren't killing civilians without cause.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mikebike said:

Are they armed and wearing bulletproof vests?

I don't know .

So establish what's constitutes to being a nutter , its the wearing of protective  vests and carrying a gun ?

Anyone who wears protective vests and carrys a gun is a nutter .

Glad we got that established 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The is the possibility that some other real nutter may try and shoot him , so hes taken measures to protect himself . 

He may look like a nutter , but real nutters out there may go nutty and attack him with war weapons or a knife , so hes protecting himself from real nutters

So your measured opinion is basically that because the U.S.A. has no universal health-care, causing mental-health issues to go undiagnosed and untreated, that everyone you meet in your day-to-day is a potential nutter, therefore all the non-nutters should arm themselves to the teeth to protect themselves against potential nutters.

Well of course, that makes perfect sense. ????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't know .

So establish what's constitutes to being a nutter , its the wearing of protective  vests and carrying a gun ?

Anyone who wears protective vests and carrys a gun is a nutter .

Glad we got that established 

There were nutters on both sides, wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

So your measured opinion is basically that because the U.S.A. has no universal health-care, causing mental-health issues to go undiagnosed and untreated, that everyone you meet in your day-to-day is a potential nutter, therefore all the non-nutters should arm themselves to the teeth to protect themselves against potential nutters.

Well of course, that makes perfect sense. ????

If there was a nutter in a Court case where he allegedly killed three other nutters , and I was going to the Court to offer support the nutter, I may well dress like a nutter to protect myself from the possibility that there may be other  nutters in the area causing trouble 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So do you think they will reach verdicts today?

If not probably bodes well for the defense.

I get a sense the Brady violation gains traction now and, well, let the ole judge give a ruling. Suspenseful indeed.

31 minutes ago, BuckAurelius said:

"Peaceful protests are what America's all about." I agree. The problem is, these protests, such that happened in Kenosha, haven't exactly been peaceful, have they? Anyway, American gun laws aren't on trial here, Rittenhouse is. So why not examine the facts of the case instead? 

Kenosha was no more violent than many sports-related riots. Do you advocate for armed private citizens to rush to the arena next time that happens to protect businesses?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Anyone who wears protective vests and carrys a gun is a nutter.

Absolutely yes in the context of a private citizen in a  general, societal, public space.

In the context of private areas, training, tactical games, or professional use, no.

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Kenosha was no more violent than many sports-related riots. Do you advocate for armed private citizens to rush to the arena next time that happens to protect businesses?

Very few sports  disorder encompass burning property and looting ,

This wasnt a normal sports disturbance , it was mass prolonged civil disorder which was out of control 

• Like 2

Beyond the possibilities of guilty, not guilty, or hung jury there is also the possibility that Judge Schroeder will eventually rule on the two pending motions for mistrial filed by the defense.  He can even declare a mistrial with prejudice, which would prevent Rittenhouse from being retried as is normal in a mistrial.  Since Schroeder has demonstrated truly remarkable bias in favor of Rittenhouse, I think mistrial with prejudice is a real possibility, especially if the jury does convict him on anything.  A judge in a criminal case also has the power to "set aside" a guilty verdict, usually on the basis that the evidence was insufficient to meat the beyond a reasonable doubt standard.  I wouldn't put that past Schroeder either. 

No court reporter can remember any case where the judge has insisted that the jury applaud a witness about to give testimony.  Schroeder should be impeached, but he can do a lot of damage to justice in the meantime.

Edited by cmarshall
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Once again , the Left displaying Nazi ideology .

Sterilize those who don't conform to their ideals of what they consider to be satisfactory behavior 

So i guess you mean the Right don't just display ideology they actually just slaughter people who don't conform. Do you consider slaughtering people satisfactory behavior ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuckAurelius said:

No, I'd recommend that--in cases where rioting can be expected, as in Kenosha--our officials should take proper measures beforehand to contain the rioting if it occurs. In this case, the National Guard should have been deployed given that rioting was not only to be expected but inevitable. They did not do this, for purely political reasons, and this abdication of official responsibility resulted in the mayhem at Kenosha. In this case, an armed citizenry is the last line of defense. If you're okay with a mob destroying your livelihood, that's up to you. I wouldn't be. 

Kinda like the January 6th riots?  Problems were not only to be expected, but inevitable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If there was a nutter in a Court case where he allegedly killed three other nutters , and I was going to the Court to offer support the nutter, I may well dress like a nutter to protect myself from the possibility that there may be other  nutters in the area causing trouble 

So you, as Kyle, thinks it is a wise idea to head into a situation where you can do actually nothing but contribute to the chaos.

See the logic there. Another good call.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, BuckAurelius said:

No, I'd recommend that--in cases where rioting can be expected, as in Kenosha--our officials should take proper measures beforehand to contain the rioting if it occurs.

Which they do at each and every Superbowl, World Series, NBA & NHL Championship. And yet "uncontained" rioting often occurs. Next step in your plan would be National Guard or armed vigilantes?

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Very few sports  disorder encompass burning property and looting ,

This wasnt a normal sports disturbance , it was mass prolonged civil disorder which was out of control 

Very few protests encompass burning property and looting statistically.

Very few sports riots encompass burning and looting.

But in those cases where these types of events do devolve into burning and looting, why do believe the responses should be different?

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Which they do at each and every Superbowl, World Series, NBA & NHL Championship. And yet "uncontained" rioting often occurs. Next step in your plan would be National Guard or armed vigilantes?

To create a false equivalence between the very occasional rioting that occurs at sports events, and the sort of destruction that typically results from them, and the widespread and repeated wonton destruction that has occurred in American neighborhoods in the last year or so--this seems a tad disingenuous to me. They are not equivalent, not even close. Have you seen the Kenosha footage? But I think we're getting off the original topic, so I'll leave it at that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2