Germany’s Fourth Covid Wave: ‘A Pandemic of the Unvaccinated’

Jeffr2

German politicians are debating making COVID-19 vaccinations compulsory for citizens in light of soaring infections and low inoculation rates.

"We've reached a point at which we must clearly say that we need de facto compulsory vaccination and a lockdown for the unvaccinated,"

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/germany-debates-compulsory-vaccination-fourth-covid-wave-rages-2021-11-21/

If these unvaxxed "Volksfeinde" don't stop terrorising the majority, the Government might have to adapt some procedures of Germany's glorious past.

"Don't buy from unvaccinated!"

Not enough? Then maybe a mandatory yellow "unvaxxed"-star in public could help.

Or lock them ayway. OK, we should avoid the term "concentration camp" then. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

why are our governments so concerned with our health when they have been cutting down for decades on our retirement and unemployment benefits, medical coverage, all hospital beds and ICUs ????

they are not telling us something here ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If these unvaxxed "Volksfeinde" don't stop terrorising the majority, the Government might have to adapt some procedures of Germany's glorious past.

"Don't buy from unvaccinated!"

Not enough? Then maybe a mandatory yellow "unvaxxed"-star in public could help.

Or lock them ayway. OK, we should avoid the term "concentration camp" then. 

You mean all the Jews had to do back when was to convert and they would have been accepted? That the Nazis never said that there was something innately wrong with them? And yet 6 million of them died rather than renounce their religious beliefs? Are the camps and showers already being built for the anti-vaxxers?

59 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

why are our governments so concerned with our health when they have been cutting down for decades on our retirement and unemployment benefits, medical coverage, all hospital beds and ICUs ????

they are not telling us something here ????

They kept on winning elections, didn't they? So who's to blame?

On 11/15/2021 at 7:37 PM, Scott said:

Unfortunately, it's not always the ones who want to be cleaned out that will be.  We have a long ways to go before we are able to protect the elderly and people in care facilities.  The immunocopromised are also at risk, like people undergoing chemo and radiation.  A lot of them don't want to go and don't deserve it.  

One of my kids lives in the heart of an extremely conservative area.  A couple of the guys who were usually in the bar calling Covid a hoax and not even considering a vaccine or wearing a mask, got Covid.  One died within 3 days (he was in his late 40's and diabetic), the other also died, but he lingered a long, long time in the hospital.  I don't know if it increased vaccine rates in the town, but it sure slowed the calling it a hoax.  It did catch people's attention.

Sadly, it seems like a lot of people don't take it seriously until it touches them.

"Sadly, it seems like a lot of people don't take it seriously until it touches them."

Some people have a mysterious resistance to the truth of the pandemic.

I sincerely recommend that some posters who respond with laughing emojis to all information about the reality of the pandemic to take a look at the Herman Cain Awards (HCAs) on reddit.

A lot of swaggering skeptics had to learn the hard way as can be seen from their own posts and the posts of their survivors.

They also post the vaccinations of folks who were convinced by viewing the HCAs and got their vaccinations.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 6:15 PM, SidJames said:

Can anyone explain why Gibraltar is threatening to lock down & it has the highest vaccination percentage on the planet?

Also may I bring up the subject of attacks on unvaxxed people filling up ICU beds & ask if we know how many beds are filled with smokers?

I don't hear any government or political party in the world saying that they will ban smokers from working or going to social events & yet smoking is a real choice whereas catching a virus is not for the most part.

Will that only happen when the tax revenues from tobacco  don't meet the costs to health care?

Some countries are saying that they will make these vaccinations compulsory next year so will they also ban smoking?

Disclaimer: I'm double jabbed & used to chain smoke until I gave up 20 years ago.

I am a smoker but would be happy if it was banned, sadly though it raises nearly 5% of total tax receipts for the UK and no Government is going to be that courageous .

It costs the NHS £2.5b a year to treat smokers but is offset by £9b from taxation on ciggarettes - obviously these figures do not include indirect costs such as loss of producitivty

Alcohol is a bigger burden on the NHS than smoking at £3.5b a year - Let's ban that too...

On 11/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, Chelseafan said:

I am a smoker but would be happy if it was banned, sadly though it raises nearly 5% of total tax receipts for the UK and no Government is going to be that courageous .

It costs the NHS £2.5b a year to treat smokers but is offset by £9b from taxation on ciggarettes - obviously these figures do not include indirect costs such as loss of producitivty

Alcohol is a bigger burden on the NHS than smoking at £3.5b a year - Let's ban that too...

False analogy.

"Substance abuse" (smoking and alcohol consumption) are complex problems with multiple causes that have proven to be resistant to individual and/or public health interventions.

Anti-smoking campaigns in the USA for example have taken decades to have an effect.

For alcohol it is even more complex as moderate alcohol use is not harmful and is possibly beneficial.

Refusing vaccination is easily reversed.

Maybe in an afternoon or an hour depending on availability where you live.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

False analogy.

"Substance abuse" (smoking and alcohol consumption) are complex problems with multiple causes that have proven to be resistant to individual and/or public health interventions.

Anti-smoking campaigns in the USA for example have taken decades to have an effect.

For alcohol it is even more complex as moderate alcohol use is not harmful and is possibly beneficial.

Refusing vaccination is easily reversed.

Maybe in an afternoon or an hour depending on availability where you live.

Let me get this straight. You're claiming that not-getting-vaccinated is not addictive? That people who don't get vaccinated  don't need to not get vaccinated every day? Sometimes even needing to not getting vaccinated several times in a day? Where is your humanity?

• Haha 1