HSBC banking

5 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

The HSBC phone app is very simple and easy to use. I was nervous about using banking phone apps but after a year of using them for both UK and Thai banks, they are a god send.

Thanks great info. Now i really am a com dino so setting up the phone app will be a real challenge as i've never set one up before on my phone. 

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

I have both HSBC internet and their phone app, they work fine together. It won't let you use both at the same time (of course) but they co-exist well. The phone app is a good replacement for the smart key and can generate codes needed for online.

Were there any security questions i need to prepare for with the phone app ? 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:19 AM, nigelforbes said:

I have both HSBC internet and their phone app, they work fine together. It won't let you use both at the same time (of course) but they co-exist well. The phone app is a good replacement for the smart key and can generate codes needed for online.

Now if i set up the phone app can i then use the phone app to create a pin which i can then use on my PC with online banking to give me access to online banking. I want to dispense with using the physical secure key and use the digital secure key but want to use my PC for online banking as opposed to mobile banking on my phone.

Hope thats clear, is this the procedure for achieving what i want, i got it from the HSBC log in page ?

Apologies for the same info 3 times and the small text but if you click on it it will enlarge. 

image.png.55bae61f4e46cf87bdd2a611a9fdf792.pngimage.png.55bae61f4e46cf87bdd2a611a9fdf792.pngimage.png.55bae61f4e46cf87bdd2a611a9fdf792.png

Edited by Pumpuynarak

18 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now if i set up the phone app can i then use the phone app to create a pin which i can then use on my PC with online banking to give me access to online banking. I want to dispense with using the physical secure key and use the digital secure key but want to use my PC for online banking as opposed to mobile banking on my phone.

Hope thats clear, is this the procedure for achieving what i want, i got it from the HSBC log in page ?

Apologies for the same info 3 times and the small text but if you click on it it will enlarge. 

image.png.55bae61f4e46cf87bdd2a611a9fdf792.pngimage.png.55bae61f4e46cf87bdd2a611a9fdf792.pngimage.png.55bae61f4e46cf87bdd2a611a9fdf792.png

Yup, you're good to go.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Yup, you're good to go.

Thankyou for your help, i don't quite understand this text in the information provided by the HSBC ''log in'' page......

''Open it up and if you are already registered, select 'Yes' to enter your username and log in''

What do they mean when they say 'already registered' ?

Sorry to be a pain. 

1 minute ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thankyou for your help, i don't quite understand this text in the information provided by the HSBC ''log in'' page......

''Open it up and if you are already registered, select 'Yes' to enter your username and log in''

What do they mean when they say 'already registered' ?

Sorry to be a pain. 

You have to register your use of the app before you can use it, if you don't you can't use it and must register. Registration involves establishing a PIN.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2023 at 8:19 AM, nigelforbes said:

They mention during the setting up procedure ''receiving a one time activation code on your phone'', now does your phone number have to be a UK number or will my Thai number suffice ?

They do actually mention a UK phone number in their setting up text description. 

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

They mention during the setting up procedure ''receiving a one time activation code on your phone'', now does your phone number have to be a UK number or will my Thai number suffice ?

They do actually mention a UK phone number in their setting up text description. 

I did it with my Thai number.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

As I recall (and it has been a while) , you need to ensure that your phone number of record at HSBC, on your profile, is your Thai mobile number....mine is.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, Stocky said:

I've usually found the accents of the Mumbai call centres easier to understand than the favoured UK sites of call centre, namely Newcastle, Glasgow and Belfast.

If your needing to make calls to the UK then use Skype and Skype Out, it's an awful lot cheaper than a mobile call.

Yes I use Skype for phone calls to the UK.