Covid re-entry insurance duration with retirmen visa.

11 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Ya. Good luck getting a definitive answer from the MFA on the length of time required for COVID insurance for expats already covered by immigration required insurance for long stay visas 

I see this "covid insurance"  term posted in several posts in this thread. Is it covid insurance that they require? or is it general health insurance that also covers covid? 

25 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I see this "covid insurance"  term posted in several posts in this thread. Is it covid insurance that they require? or is it general health insurance that also covers covid? 

It seems that has not been made clear. The latest says medical health insurance, but there are various reports of the old style Covid only being accepted, perhaps because the system is automated and there are hundreds of insurance companies and the system can't distinguish. I got general health travel policy, American company, with very high Covid coverage for 30 days for $178, age 82. I don't think one should try anything that doesn't mention Covid.

Edited by Enzian
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Covid insurance is required by Thailand Pass to gain reentry to the country right now.  It’s over and above the insurance required for an extension of stay on an OA visa.

6 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Covid insurance is required by Thailand Pass to gain reentry to the country right now.  It’s over and above the insurance required for an extension of stay on an OA visa.

Then what is this USD 25k insurance?

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean the $50,000 insurance that includes coverage for a covid 19 infection.

Yes, just can't remember the exact insured amount. There're 3 types of insurance.

1. Health insurance that don't cover Covid

2. Covid only insurance.

3.  Health insurance plus Covid coverage

So which type of insurance does the government wants us to buy?

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

There is health insurance that doesn't cover Covid? Sounds strange.

The 40/400k baht insurance required for a OA visa entry extension does not require it. If you had that it would require covid 19 insurance.

You need insurance for entry but is not clear if it needs to cover medical treatment and/or only covid 19.

• Like 1

As I understand it, from another thread, there is no need even to show a booked ticket, merely input a flight number. In which case, it would follow that any insurance policy that is acceptable for acquiring the  "Pass" would suffice. To this end, you can get 10 days from Axa  https://direct.axa.co.th/.  I doubt very much that "permission to stay until " will be based on any other than your visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mancub said:

As I understand it, from another thread, there is no need even to show a booked ticket, merely input a flight number. In which case, it would follow that any insurance policy that is acceptable for acquiring the  "Pass" would suffice. To this end, you can get 10 days from Axa  https://direct.axa.co.th/.  I doubt very much that "permission to stay until " will be based on any other than your visa.

So is it 10 days or 30 days coverage to get Thailand Pass?

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So is it 10 days or 30 days coverage to get Thailand Pass?

Did you check thread. 

I can't seem to get a quote for flying into Thailand.

Clearly I'm not using it correctly.

The 30 day ones I have looked at are `3700baht. 

Depends which country your flying from.

32 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

A question - someone returning from say, Denmark, in late December, with an 'O' visa, (marriage), expiring in November 2022 - will he be required to have Covid insurance $50K for the whole period to Nov 2022 ?  Thanks Guys.

If you have a non-o visa from a embassy or consulate you will only get a 90 day entry and that would be how long the insurance would need to be for. Or do you actually have a one year extension of stay based upon marriage and a re-entry permit applied for at immigration?

It is really not clear how long the insurance is required for.

The Thailand Pass site only states this. "Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD".

33 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

A question - someone returning from say, Denmark, in late December, with an 'O' visa, (marriage), expiring in November 2022 - will he be required to have Covid insurance $50K for the whole period to Nov 2022 ?  Thanks Guys.

Will become clear soon.

It seems that 30 day insurance cover will be sufficient for returning to Thailand with reentry permit that allows longer stay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a non-o visa from a embassy or consulate you will only get a 90 day entry and that would be how long the insurance would need to be for. Or do you actually have a one year extension of stay based upon marriage and a re-entry permit applied for at immigration?

It is really not clear how long the insurance is required for.

The Thailand Pass site only states this. "Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD".

The TP site also requires that you check a box stating the insurance covers the duration of your stay. 

People seem however to be getting QR code with shorter durations than that

33 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The TP site also requires that you check a box stating the insurance covers the duration of your stay. 

You enter you stay during the process but you do not have to upload your visa or re-entry permit,

I assume the site means your intended length of stay.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You enter you stay during the process but you do not have to upload your visa or re-entry permit,

I assume the site means your intended length of stay.

Yes, of course. But if the intended length of stay is less than the period the person would be stamped in for then there would presumably be a return ticket.

What is not clear at all is how much, if any, cross-checking goes on between the information provided in the TP application and what is in the uploaded documents.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:24 PM, Sheryl said:

Yes, of course. But if the intended length of stay is less than the period the person would be stamped in for then there would presumably be a return ticket.

What is not clear at all is how much, if any, cross-checking goes on between the information provided in the TP application and what is in the uploaded documents.

It seems that if you have insurance coverage less than 30 days, you will be ask to show return ticket.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:49 AM, Jeffr2 said:

I came in a few weeks ago with a return ticket 3 weeks later, and my retirement visa expiring in March.  I only had to have insurance for my 3 week stay here.

I plan to do exactly the same. Come in with a non oa visa, the health insurance from emirates and a return ticket 10 -12 months later  (depending on avalibilty of return flights by emirates). The coverage of the insurance will then be up to my return flight date.

So there was no problem in obtaining the OA Visa with this insurance and getting stamped in for a shorter period then the 12 month of the OA?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, hornetsmad said:

Any update on this insurance issue from people who bought 30 days insurance and returned recently with a Re Entry Permit?

... topic running here at the moment mate:

... and a related one as well ... 

Edited by jollyhangmon