Rapid dosing

NewGuy

In my wife’s village near P-lok three family members just got their first shot - AstroZeneca. They were told to come back in three weeks for a second shot - Pfizer.  I’m going for my second AZ shot today in Pattaya, 10 weeks after my first shot. I haven’t seen any research on this 3 week schedule, shouldn’t health officials delay the Pfizer shot? 

Ireland by way of example, recommends an mRNA vaccine does after AZ (in cases where first AZ was not well tolerated and need to switch) at at least 28 days...so 4 weeks...so in the ballpark as far as duration. I believe their protocols were recommended by the vaccine manufacturers themselves but not a lot of experience of course as all of this is relatively new...but the key is that the mechanisms by which immune response is triggered is different so a shorter duration is not to be mixed up with 2 AZ does recommendations.

From those 1.5mln pfizer donated by the usa in july there is nothing left of it, unless you pay 25k ro dr anurin at his rancho at khao yai. 
Half went as a booster to medics, many to foreigners, thai diplomatic corpse and ministry of foreign affairs, which handles this swift distribution. 
most probably they would be getting sinovac, hence fast second jab