MOPH: Drinking alcohol increases risk of contracting COVID

webfact

Ha,ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...  I cant stop laughing.   I honestly  thought that quacks didn't  exist anymore, and one of high position.  Tell me do Thai people actually  belive this?  Is so I want to tell some ladies I know that if they can relax the muscles  in their neck that can get pregnant,  because  weaker muscles  mean a seed can get through, and well this in turn will put the seed in their stomach, which in turn will allow the seed to further pass through, and eventually  reach the womb.  How can this Doctor show himself  to his peers who already know that strong muscles do not stop a virus.  Someone  tell me where this guy got his medical  license, as I want to go get my license  from there? Apparently  anyone can be a doctor.  I have to share this with medical  professionals around the world.  This guy has no shame.  Lol., Weak muscles help the virus enter the body..  what a joke.  I have known many people that were body builders, strong, and healthy, some who have died who would disagree with this ... what is this he is trying to say?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sleepwalker999 said:

I have this horrible feeling that what this particular government wants long term is an extremely conservative society where 'going out to drink' is really frowned upon at large. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Jan 15 is pushed back even further. 

Sands of Saudi Arabia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

Has he considered contacting WHO with this new medical data. They’ll be thrilled to get some unique research every other nation on the planet has missed.

The WHO already know this. It's on their website. Not sure about the :neck muscles relaxing", but they state many reasons why alcohol consumption can increase risk of infection (alcohol affexcts the immuns system negatively, for a start). 

Typical for the TV alcoholics to get their knickers in a knot over this story. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sleepwalker999 said:

I have this horrible feeling that what this particular government wants long term is an extremely conservative society where 'going out to drink' is really frowned upon at large. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Jan 15 is pushed back even further. 

My misses says the general is a Muslim, and his end game is a Muslim country.

I'm not sure she's right, but a lot of Thais appear to be thinking the same.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sleepwalker999 said:

It would surprize me if it would not. At least for Pattaya ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Covid is already there, EVERYONE has probably caught it at some point

... or will catch it (again), 100% sure because that virus will be with us forever.

And better to catch it now rather than in 6 months or 1 year because:
- Our vaccins wont be as efficient with time

- Catch the virus today and you will be immunite for at least 24 months (and maybe forever and against any new variant)

• Like 1

OMG. Insanity. My heart goes out to the Thai people. The incompetent government officials are so out of touch with reality. Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai comments are not only ridiculous but also damaging. 

• Like 1

So much for Thai medical education and knowledge. This virus, as big as a sparrow, can get into the lungs through the windpipe relaxed by a couple of Leos....Next time I go to the doctor I will definitely ask where she/he was trained before I let them fiddle with my body.

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But there are medical reasons.

"Alcohol causes the muscles in the neck around the pharynx to be less effective," he said.

"Thus allowing Covid to more easily penetrate and get into the lungs.

"In addition alcohol weakens the white blood cells when Covid-19 germs enter the body," he continued.

""So it's easy to get infected."

On a positive note however, the doctor has brought a lot of fun to many of us today ! We should be thankful for that in this degenerate times.

Especially his "muscles in the neck" argument is extraordinary. Cannot wait to share this with my friend - who is a doctor - in Switzerland ???? Looking forward to his comment.

• Like 2