Where should i travel and do around thailand???

Jaycomet

My actual plan was to visit Philippines, but I will wait upto 3 months for philippine to open so I could travel there

But if Philippines dosent open within that timeframe then I would just visit Thailand for my holiday

I just want to know if there is a city or place in Thailand that is similar to phil(I doubt it)

Or where abouts should I travel around Thailand and what should I try out???

Im not interested in bars, etc

I am a newbie to Thailand

• 5 weeks later...

How long do you plan on staying? 

As mentioned plenty of info on the internet, you want beaches? Head to the southern parts.  You want mountains? Head to the Northern parts.  You want bars/nightlife?  Head to Pattaya/Bangkok.

You have a long holiday?  Do some in-country traveling and visit several locations.

On 11/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, CharlieH said:

One mans food is another mans poison !

It all depends on what you enjoy doing.

Try stating what you enjoy and people can point you in that direction. Pointless recommending islands etc if you dont like beaches, as an example.

I can't see anywhere in Philippines being better than Thailand. At least Thailand is safe, for a start, but as said, it depends what you like doing. Thai beaches and nightlife is far far better for a start.. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, murraynz said:

I can't see anywhere in Philippines being better than Thailand. At least Thailand is safe, for a start, but as said, it depends what you like doing. Thai beaches and nightlife is far far better for a start.. 

I always felt safe in PI, even when walking through the barrio from the airport to the bus station in the early house of the morning. All the old chap would be sitting outside their shanty smoking in the night, as I walk past they would call out "good morning sir", and I would wave and say good morning back.

Beaches were all way better than Thailand, didn't seem to have sand flies either.

Baloy Long Beach, nightlife was also amazing, small beer $1-$2/bottle in many naughty clubs and bars.

IMG_20161112_113716_PANO (3).jpg

Edited by BritManToo

He is not interested in bars !  Ok get that out the way .  If you come up to the north be sure to bring a coat and hat if going out anywhere at night , its cold up here before 10 am and after 7 pm. I still have a dressing gown, shorts and T shirt on and its now 10.30 am. Nice to get the contrast . Summer a/c and now a blanket and quilt at night.