Covid 60 extension, IO Chaeng Watthana asking for flight ticket

1 minute ago, patman30 said:

credit for what?
they are order followers
they get told "ask for flights"
they start asking for flights
power always lies with the individual officer, they can ask for whatever they want.

Don't say that....????

Dr Jack 54 does not like to hear that ????.....in more direct way ....he hates it to hear that fact   ????

3 minutes ago, patman30 said:

credit for what?
they are order followers
they get told "ask for flights"
they start asking for flights
power always lies with the individual officer, they can ask for whatever they want.

They can ask. 

And you can also complain. In this thread there has not been any report of refused covid extension and person asking to see supervisor. 

If your confronted with rubbish like this at very least complain.

Next step would be apply at another office or use agent. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They can ask. 

And you can also complain. In this thread there has not been any report of refused covid extension and person asking to see supervisor. 

If your confronted with rubbish like this at very least complain.

Next step would be apply at another office or use agent. 

thinking about what i would do myself is irrelevant
i am not in that situation
it is what it is
they can demand what they want
they can deny you if they want
complaining will not change the fact,
better to simply proceed forward instead of moaning pointlessly which will be frowned upon
i would become more frustrated about complaining if i thought it was just, and being ignored.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, patman30 said:

thinking about what i would do myself is irrelevant
i am not in that situation
it is what it is
they can demand what they want
they can deny you if they want
complaining will not change the fact,
better to simply proceed forward instead of moaning pointlessly which will be frowned upon
i would become more frustrated about complaining if i thought it was just, and being ignored.

Nup. They are asking for something that is not required. 

Simple. Roll over like a puppy by all means. Not what I would do.

As mentioned above my fall back position would be to use agent or apply at a different immigration office. 

BTW ,you stated that your not in that situation.....then proceeded to offer no suggestion for those that are.

Oh....your about to say buy exit flight. Surely not.

9 minutes ago, dragth said:

Correct... it was as usual @NST on Nov-16.

Good till Jan next year (non-o).

Excellent news for you. 

I'm not familiar with abbreviation NST. My gf tells me that's south? 

What do you mean "(non-o)"

Did you obtain annual extension or covid extension.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

I did my covid extension yesterday at MTT and was nothing mentioned of any new requirements.

But it did say from November 30th they will only work mornings until noon. And they did not hand out forms for your next extension as they did last 2 times I did the extension and also no sticker on passport saying to come early for next extensions to avoid crowds.

Does feel like I will have to leave in January. Wanted to stay till early March when my kid has school holiday and fly back together but not sure if it will be possible.

Also contacted an agent and they said they can't do any extensions right now other than 60 day covid due to "change of officers at immigration" and to try contacting them again in a month if something has changed.

28 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

And they did not hand out forms for your next extension as they did last 2 times I did the extension and also no sticker on passport saying to come early for next extensions to avoid crowds.

And you registered that as ....?

Covid extensions are due to end Nov 27.

They will no doubt be extended.

Good that you obtained your covid extension without rubbish requirement reported from CW.

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent news for you. 

I'm not familiar with abbreviation NST. My gf tells me that's south? 

What do you mean "(non-o)"

Did you obtain annual extension or covid extension.

Small world in NakhonSiThammarat (NST).
I brought fruit basket (not a requirement) and everyone happy with my usual application.

Entry was from non-o from SEA countries.
Extended stay(s) was from amnesty/covid extensions... till now.

43 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

And they did not hand out forms for your next extension as they did last 2 times I did the extension and also no sticker on passport saying to come early for next extensions to avoid crowds.

Probably because we can only apply for them until 26th November (at least that's the current status).

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They will no doubt be extended.

I think they will end for now, considering that it looks like a new "amnesty" is coming.

It could of course be that they resume doing them when the amnesty ends.

Edited by jackdd

4 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I just extended my visa 1 yr and was questioned repeated why I had 2 Covid extensions when I had 800k in the bank the whole time.

No offense but you had an option.

Bit similar to married to Thai guys can easily obtain non O and Extension.

I'm going into bat for the folk that don't have that comfort zone and option.

They cannot easily obtain a visa at nearby countries or do border runs.

The Thai gov have made covid extensions available for those folk. End of.

They don't/should not need to go cap in hand for covid extensions.

BTW they ain't free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So from your observations sounds like everyone was being asked to show flight out? 

To see people "booking on the spot" and others asked to "come back another day".

Surprised haven't seen lot of reports. 

Have seen a couple of being hassled.

Also reports of no issue at all.

Did you provide affidavit and were prepared to tick box 2 relating to no embassy letter available?!

Most likely (1)up to individual IO (2)how many covid-extension already have

I got 5 extensions already, since for me very difficult to visa-run and reactivate my valid visa. And IO( actually very kind IO I've known for a while, but still ) states they won't give me another, unless I provide embassy-support letter( for me it's not ticket ).

Btw. I don't know if I could post this: Rumors from someone nobody: because 1900baht apply by self is cheap and won't get pocket change, and because many agents charge 6k-12k baht at other provinces and X.X. could get pocket changes. Thus for this area, pure workload and less pocket change because many could stay by cheap covid-extension, and some X.X. resentfulness, led to more strict control for those already got several extensions. Even if those trouble appliers are applying because actually having difficulty to leave. 

Just rumors, can't verify true or false

Edited by Coremouse
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

I got 5 extensions already, since for me very difficult to visa-run and reactivate my valid visa. And IO( actually very kind IO I've known for a while, but still ) states they won't give me another.

That's really interesting. I mean that clearly the io has previously been very helpful and at same time suggested that you will not be issued another.

Reports such as yours are important. 

Which immigration office.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

That's really interesting. I mean that clearly the io has previously been very helpful and at same time suggested that you will not be issued another.

Reports such as yours are important. 

Which immigration office.

CW, and I genrally had very positive experience from CW IO. ( once I was applying a non-B issue at counter M with a small date error, seeing I'm very sad one IO give me pass out of pity )

Just my guess, I think anyone who has less covid-60 days (0-3, 4 etc. ) maybe could apply before this Nov-26 no problem. But if more than 4, 5 very likely get refused or asking some difficult materials.

1 minute ago, Coremouse said:

Just my guess, I think anyone who has less covid-60 days (0-3, 4 etc. ) maybe could apply before this Nov-26 no problem. But if more than 4, 5 very likely get refused or asking some difficult materials

That backs up reports at CW.

Certainly one poster had been in Thailand since start of pandemic.

That would amount to several covid extensions and had difficult time to obtain another and needed to show outbound flight.

• Like 1

In case this info helps anyone, I got my second covid extension (originally arrived visa exempt) in Phuket Town and it went smoothly with no questions asked, and nothing about TM30.  They're very efficient in Phuket and I haven't heard anyone being questioned, even people here since last March.  Always get 100 baht change back from the fee too.

I know an IO and last night asked her about what's going on at CW.  She's not aware of any changes in requirements for these extensions but she said individual managers can set their own rules.  It doesn't surprise me this would happen in Bangkok.  When IOs finish their training they can request to go to different areas.  In a country like Thailand, the most ambitious would want to go to Bangkok.  Maybe someone in Bangkok thinks being a harda55 will help their future career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, secondtime said:

I know an IO and last night asked her about what's going on at CW.  She's not aware of any changes in requirements for these extensions but she said individual managers can set their own rules.

Thanks for report. 

I must admit I got a smile out of some of the terms.....

I like this one...

"individual managers can set their own rules."

I don't know what an "individual manager" means.

If that's a term for immigration officer slash clerk then it's strange that they can "set their own rules"

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report. 

I must admit I got a smile out of some of the terms.....

I like this one...

"individual managers can set their own rules."

I don't know what an "individual manager" means.

If that's a term for immigration officer slash clerk then it's strange that they can "set their own rules"

That's my own phrasing... her English isn't perfect and sometimes supervisors, managers and department heads are interchangeable for her.  But the stories she tells me indicates whoever is in charge of a branch is given a lot of latitude to do what they want.  The front line staff are clerks, like you described them.  I don't think they take initiative on their own.  My friend doesn't, she said she's a few promotions away from being able to do anything independently.  Or maybe she just thinks that because she's young.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You have summed it up very well.

I like it. Simple but accurate.

12 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Neutral party here.

Rules are rules, aren't they?

If Covid extensions are available until Nov 26 and requirements are already laid out, how is that fair to people applying for them if they (immigration) add new requirements? Especially if they are not official.

Rules are what make the system stand. I know it is an obsolete and corrupt system but still, rules are rules.

Trying to kick out foreigners at the last minute is not what will make things any better for the country.

Just my opinion on the matter.

FAIRNESS?  Now that is something that is a foreign concept here(pun is intended). ????
Never, ever appeal to fairness when you need something here. KINDNESS is a language they understand. It is actually a prime virtue in the country's largest religion, Buddhism. They like to appear to have control AND to feel like you appreciate their kindness. Yes, this sounds like you have bow down like a "kiss-azz". But, hey...it's they're country not ours.

I have been here since before the pandemic started(Feb-2020). I did a visa run to Myanmar, and 2 weeks after that the borders slammed shut ever since. I have stayed through the "no-fee" amnesty, and through every extension of the Covid Visa program. I DO NOT SAY THIS TO BRAG. I say it to illustrate my point. Clearly it is not a question of fairness for me to still be here, while others are getting denied the extension.

The people at MTT know me by face and by name now. Only because of their KINDNESS, have I managed to still be here. Oh...I should mention...I am also very kind in my interactions with them(even when some of them were stern in scolding me for still being here).  Kindness is reciprocal.

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

FAIRNESS?  Now that is something that is a foreign concept here(pun is intended). ????
Never, ever appeal to fairness when you need something here. KINDNESS is a language they understand. It is actually a prime virtue in the country's largest religion, Buddhism. They like to appear to have control AND to feel like you appreciate their kindness. Yes, this sounds like you have bow down like a "kiss-azz". But, hey...it's they're country not ours.

I have been here since before the pandemic started(Feb-2020). I did a visa run to Myanmar, and 2 weeks after that the borders slammed shut ever since. I have stayed through the "no-fee" amnesty, and through every extension of the Covid Visa program. I DO NOT SAY THIS TO BRAG. I say it to illustrate my point. Clearly it is not a question of fairness for me to still be here, while others are getting denied the extension.

The people at MTT know me by face and by name now. Only because of their KINDNESS, have I managed to still be here. Oh...I should mention...I am also very kind in my interactions with them(even when some of them were stern in scolding me for still being here).  Kindness is reciprocal.

I think you are misguided. It is not because of their kindness at MTT that you are still here. It is because it is officially allowed by rules approved in written by the Thai government. It is not a debate, this is a fact.

Rogue agents now turning people away at CW are defying the government's official orders.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, secondtime said:

In case this info helps anyone, I got my second covid extension (originally arrived visa exempt) in Phuket Town and it went smoothly with no questions asked, and nothing about TM30.  They're very efficient in Phuket and I haven't heard anyone being questioned, even people here since last March.  Always get 100 baht change back from the fee too.

I know an IO and last night asked her about what's going on at CW.  She's not aware of any changes in requirements for these extensions but she said individual managers can set their own rules.  It doesn't surprise me this would happen in Bangkok.  When IOs finish their training they can request to go to different areas.  In a country like Thailand, the most ambitious would want to go to Bangkok.  Maybe someone in Bangkok thinks being a harda55 will help their future career.

Did you get the extension done directly or is it under consideration and you have to visit again at a later date?

Today on saturday 20 november i did my Covid Extension for the first time.
I came in with a NON-O which was already extended by 60 days for visiting my wife.
First i thought...well..lets go to MTT and do it there.Result on this saturday:Nope you can not
I must go CW.
With all my documents (including a "returnticket" and "receipt") i went to CW and was hoping to get 60 days extra.
All my papers was examined with the TM30 + Blue Book and some info about the situation in West-Europe it was extended in 30 min.In total there were 3 people waiting...so very quite
I looked in the passport and it was extended till 18 Jan 2022 .This is 60 days from day of apply!
No qestions asked and i went with saying:Happy Loy Kratong and all 3 IO laughed and smiled
All Good.

Edited by MICHAELDUTCH
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, JaydenL said:

In Thailand since 2020 January, did my another CoViD-19 extension, no questions asked, 60 days granted, didn't see anyone "frantically buying flight tickets out".

did you get 60 days in one stamp or have to come back? good news, I will go monday.

1 minute ago, seff55 said:

did you get 60 days in one stamp or have to come back? good news, I will go monday.

No more under consideration stamps for CoViD-19 extensions due to the previous changes regarding the increase of cases. A single stamp. ????

• Like 1