Covid 60 extension, IO Chaeng Watthana asking for flight ticket

On 11/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, david555 said:

Some people are forgetting the days before covid when it was more difficult to stay Thailand whiteout a proper visa .....they became very lenient because covid19 situation , also some don't wish to recognize that like you said they can ask for additional documents  , even consular officers on embassy's have that right , it is a general rule when applying  for a visa 

Immigration officers are the boss like it or not , but a fact , they decide on the application ,hence the expression we use jumping thru hoops ???? Just follow their instructions (if you can...) and you have no problem

You should be able to follow instructions, but one IO's instructions may differ from the other, even in the same office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You should be able to follow instructions, but one IO's instructions may differ from the other, even in the same office.

One more thing, a Thai on his/her own should never be allowed to have complete discretion, that is one big recipe for disaster.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Exactly what i try to explain , you have to deal with the one in front of you on the desk ....hence some poster bring different reports out of CW. 

Wait for reports  this week coming ..... possible complete confusion could be

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

One more thing, a Thai on his/her own should never be allowed to have complete discretion, that is one big recipe for disaster.

Reminds me my first ret.ext time after 3 years using triple entry and flying home as a genuine tourist.

I went to immigration on a quit moment ,ask to the desk officer if i could go desk 8 for info...he looked ...they noy bizzy so i had a conversation with the lady who untill now sit behind desk 8 asking about their rules ( read : "habits on rules" ????)...More about money ...and finaly about bank letter day valid ....She replied I accept 2 days old ....OHOHO.  said my mind SHE accept 2 day old ...but my mind inside brain asked what about the other on the desk ...

So i knew the safe way is SAME DAY bank letter that is the safe way 

Lesson take info before and keep a reserve solution in reserve .....and for the covid extensions  is a cheap flight reservation or similar ....be prepared when dealing with immigration

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

So i knew the safe way is SAME DAY bank letter that is the safe way 

Because that is the rule. If some IOs give some leniency, great but you can't do your letter 2 days prior and expect not to be turned away.

Rules have to be followed on both sides. You come with everything prepared according to official guidelines, and the IOs have to comply and do their job.

People saying that different offices have different rules should not be ok with that. Thai immigration rules are nationwide. If IOs and/or their superiors go rogue and adapt the rules to their liking, it is plain wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Because that is the rule. If some IOs give some leniency, great but you can't do your letter 2 days prior and expect not to be turned away.

Rules have to be followed on both sides. You come with everything prepared according to official guidelines, and the IOs have to comply and do their job.

People saying that different offices have different rules should not be ok with that. Thai immigration rules are nationwide. If IOs and/or their superiors go rogue and adapt the rules to their liking, it is plain wrong.

Totally right.... but we can not change that....so "we have to live with the wolf in the forest we walk in...." :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

Totally right.... but we can not change that....so "we have to live with the wolf in the forest we walk in...." :thumbsup:

Actually we can, if everybody here would oppose such actions by IOs they would soon stop doing it, because they don't want to lose face anymore.

But most people are too scared of IOs to speak up and do anything they ask for. Just look at the number of people here who pay 2000 baht or so "fuel money" when immigration does a home visit for a marriage extension etc.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

"we have to live with the wolf in the forest we walk in...." 

Suggested advice for dealing with wolf .....perhaps useful for those attending CW for covid extension. 

"What's the best way to fend off aggressive wolves? Intimidate them. Yelling, throwing sticks or stones, waving your arms, and generally making yourself look as big and scary as possible can deter predatory wolves, which tend to become submissive when other animals demonstrate dominance...."

I would also add when addressing io to be respectful.

"Mr Wolf" good start.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Actually we can, if everybody here would oppose such actions by IOs they would soon stop doing it, because they don't want to lose face anymore.

But most people are too scared of IOs to speak up and do anything they ask for. Just look at the number of people here who pay 2000 baht or so "fuel money" when immigration does a home visit for a marriage extension etc.

..we are not the boss here .....????

The only weapon is using the rules correct they are the boss ????

So your reply is also meaning some would not using agent if no money available ....... to make a perfect following rules...... or is it depending if it give a advantage then "rule breaking "allowed .......???? hypocritical  i would call like ...cherry picking ????

Edited as with all those Jack's here i start confusing with them names 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Suggested advice for dealing with wolf .....perhaps useful for those attending CW for covid extension. 

"What's the best way to fend off aggressive wolves? Intimidate them. Yelling, throwing sticks or stones, waving your arms, and generally making yourself look as big and scary as possible can deter predatory wolves, which tend to become submissive when other animals demonstrate dominance...."

I would also add when addressing io to be respectful.

"Mr Wolf" good start.

I understand your only reply (as not better one found????) is to ridicule the wolves proverb , even that is why I put it between " "different than you call immigration officers a division from  ROYAL Thai Police clercks straight forward ???? , while i explain by that  in general way we all have to deal with our surroundings ...

And that is what the wolves proverb means in verbal language .

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

And that is what the wolves proverb means in verbal language

You been reading to much 'Little Red Riding Hood'... 

Next time your traveling to the woods (aka CW) Take along a stick and some rocks. 

Don't accept rubbish. An outbound flight is not a requirement. 

If that doesn't suit send an agent. They will pick up and drop off passport. Approx 5400b which includes extension fee.

Plenty of ways to skin a wolf

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You been reading to much 'Little Red Riding Hood'... 

Next time your traveling to the woods (aka CW) Take along a stick and some rocks. 

Don't accept rubbish. An outbound flight is not a requirement.

An outbound flight is not a requirement

As long they not ask it  ... , just until....and  when they ask it as additional documents it become a requirement ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

..we are not the boss here .....????

The only weapon is using the rules correct they are the boss

Neither is the IO who processes our extension application, rules are made higher up and in writing. All of us have to follow these rules.

So if anybody suspects that an IO just made up some rule, then it's just reasonable to ask to see this rule.

If it should be an official rule it would exist in writing and it would be no problem for an IO to show this rule.

I suspect that these "ticket out of Thailand" requests originate from the same group of people who pre-Covid gave people trouble at the airport, because in their opinion these foreigners stayed too long in Thailand.

Edited by jackdd
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Neither is the IO who processes our extension application, rules are made higher up and in writing. All of us have to follow these rules.

So if anybody suspects that an IO just made up some rule, then it's just reasonable to ask to see this rule.

If it should be an official rule it would exist in writing and it would be no problem for an IO to show this rule.

I suspect that these "ticket out of Thailand" requests originate from the same group of people who pre-Covid gave people trouble at the airport, because in their opinion these foreigners stayed too long in Thailand.

let me just use an answer i gave you in second output :

As long they not ask it  ... , just until....and  when they ask it as additional documents it become a requirement ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

As long they not ask it  ... , just until....and  when they ask it as additional documents it become a requirement

But it's not a legit requirement, so we can and should oppose it.

Same like when an IO told me that I can't do the TM30 report myself, but my landlord would have to do it.

I explained the immigration law to her while her colleagues were watching us, and then she decided to accept my TM30 report.

She probably lost some face on this day, and the next time she encounters this situation she might decide to just accept the TM30, meaning less trouble for other foreigners in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But it's not a legit requirement, so we can and should oppose it.

Same like when an IO told me that I can't do the TM30 report myself, but my landlord would have to do it.

I explained the immigration law to her while her colleagues were watching us, and then she decided to accept my TM30 report.

She probably lost some face on this day, and the next time she encounters this situation she might decide to just accept the TM30, meaning less trouble for other foreigners in the future.

It is not a requirement on paper  .....but under that " Harry Potter  magic stick" possibility  (officers can ask additional documents .....you know ?????????? ) it becomes on the spot an extra request..... the word legit has nothing to do as they are legit by themselves .....eg....being the lawmen 

Some may not ask....and  some can ask .... it is in their power , same as consular services can ask additional request (is even on their embassy websites )

You might be right on the published rules ..... but there is always that extra demand possible (or not ) 

T.I.T.

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Under standard circumstances we charge 6,500 THB (includes all fees) for this service at the moment.

If you are in Bangkok we send courier free of charge, for document pickup / drop off.

OK thanks for the reply, appreciate it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Under standard circumstances we charge 6,500 THB (includes all fees) for this service at the moment.

If you are in Bangkok we send courier free of charge, for document pickup / drop off.

Can you say at which Immigration Office the extension will be made?

A little sideway news 

Today i went for my 90 days money check at Jomtien ....8 clock .... 4 in snake  lines que already , asked the man from front desk was outside  what about my appointment....? No way he point me to the que, only 90 day reporting on the chairs right side waiting /handling.

About 1 hour later 9 clock i could go inside to the same desk officer who just waive  go desk 8

Desk 8 complete empty besides the 2 outside desk workers playing their smartphones  , the Thai guy took my papers and just put them on staple  , not checking anything , no bankbook , no passport , no copy's checking if signed or tel. number , totally nothing . Asked him if he no need see bankbook , answer  i check the copy's 

So now up to me , have to know ???? ...... asked about which consequences if not come 90 day check ....answer...nothing ...but if go under etc...bla bla bla  ????

So now we have official confirmation from official side  , 90 day money check is only to remember us about those rules ,,..... just being helpful to remember us .????

Those who don't like to go can just ignore the money check , just take care not go under before 90 days after ret.ext. stamp O.K.  and keep 400 000+ on your bank for sure 

PS : this shall sound as angel music in some ones  ears ...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrischronic said:

At MTT today for covid extension. No problems and not asked for flight. Only thing they asked for that I never had to provide is the Tm30 registration copy of where you are staying. 

seems they always are in need for something to ask ...(not knowing if  this  is in the written requirements ...)

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, chrischronic said:

At MTT today for covid extension. No problems and not asked for flight. Only thing they asked for that I never had to provide is the Tm30 registration copy of where you are staying. 

Recommend for covid extension MTT. 

Documents: TM.7 form, one photo on the form, copy of passport and all the relevant visa and extension pages, copy of the tm.30 and 3 forms you get there plus 1900thb. 

Personally I would also take along copy of affidavit. 

Note sometimes TM30 receipt not required. Generally is at MTT.

• Like 2

Today at CW, second time for applying covid visa ext. , IO asked for flight ticket.

My friend explained with good reason but they insisted.

Not a booking, IO asked paid ticket.

Finally they accepted with a ticket dated in Dec. Visa is exteneded for next 60days from today.

IO noted the ticket date carefully and kept signed copy.

Bonus: 90day report is done.

Edited by may11
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, may11 said:

Today at CW, second time for applying covid visa ext. , IO asked for flight ticket.

My friend explained with good reason but they insisted.

This backs up reports from last Friday re obtaining covid extension requiring outbound flight.

Added note that report of obtaining same at MTT today with no issue.

No one has mentioned on the spot calling 1178 help line.

May sound naive but what else can be done to pull in rogue immigration officers at CW.

• Confused 1