Covid 60 extension, IO Chaeng Watthana asking for flight ticket

47 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

I have valid Elite PE-Visa to July 2022, it's just because this silly situation I can't do a visa-run to any destination, this makes PE-Visa absolute waste of money since can't convert back inside

Could you please elaborate on that? I mean, what do you need to convert back if you have an Elite visa valid until July 2022? Is there a solution maybe?

• Haha 1

Just now, BKKTRAVELER said:

Could you please elaborate on that? I mean, what do you need to convert back if you have an Elite visa valid until July 2022? Is there a solution maybe?

It's just last time I entered with non-b to work, not elite visa. And now I nearly can't stay in Thailand even I have a perfect valid PE-visa, and visa-run now is very costly and complicated, if not impossible for me

which was why I purchased 5-yrs straight from Thailand elite.co, to gurantee I could stay and avoid other cost and complexity. Now it's mostly complete useless

I contacted Thailand elite.co, and many agents, this is confirmed unsolvable by any means.

• Haha 2

This is not good news... Many people were relying on Covid extensions... I haven't heard of any rejections in other places like Phuket so far...

News are they agents don't make Volunteer visa anymore, so ED is probably the only way left for many.

@Coremouse did you check with agents if they can help somehow? Or maybe get vaccinated and fly in / out Cambodia, they canceled quarantine for tourists this week...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Sounds like an IO making up his/her own rules.

Just going on another day might solve this problem.

Just going on another day might solve this problem. =

The only way to find out if things are really changed....

Edited by david555
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Everybody that do not live as married or on retirement extensions in Thailand needs to go home according to the immigration law.

Please show this law during period of time when covid extensions are being made available to those that can meet one of the 4 criteria on affidavit to apply for covid extension. #2 being embassy not providing letter.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

They are not applying for a visa.

The thread is about covid extensions.

Thailand is not the only country that has provided options due to covid situation.

Stick with the facts. Currently covid extensions are available.

As an aside you might like to consider recent news of possible (Re) introduction on Amnesty. 

Putting that aside....covid extensions would have been continued past Nov 27. WHY?

Just pointing out who is the boss .... i know you do not like that but is a fact , no further discussion possible , unless go higher up at CW ..... and then we know the outcome already ... isnt'it ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What does that even mean.

Covid extensions are currently available and do not require any proof of flights. 

Again as I mentioned. Amnesty might be introduced, however that could be temporary caused by recent cluster imm office.

Prior to that it was almost universally accepted that covid extensions would continue.

Most likely next date would be issued through till end Jan 2022.

Let's stick to the facts.

IMO covid extensions will be issued untill some land borders open.

Jack ....i know you know the theory of all that excellent .... but you fail to recognize the power of persons with authority ......who decide the case !

Did you have done army duty ? .... if there they would have teach  you that ????

Theory & practice ....2 different things :whistling:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What does that even mean.

Covid extensions are currently available and do not require any proof of flights. 

Again as I mentioned. Amnesty might be introduced, however that could be temporary caused by recent cluster imm office.

Prior to that it was almost universally accepted that covid extensions would continue.

Most likely next date would be issued through till end Jan 2022.

Let's stick to the facts.

IMO covid extensions will be issued untill some land borders open.

I just read somewhere that its been extended through till the end of December 2021...

Some people are being asked for return flight ticket, some people are not.....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Coremouse said:

I have valid Elite PE-Visa to July 2022, it's just because this silly situation I can't do a visa-run to any destination, this makes PE-Visa absolute waste of money since can't convert back inside Thailand.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay for your Thai Elite visa entry. This is from the Thai Website FAQs.

image.png.cf98709bb57ca236a542927f633b3fd3.png

Source: https://www.thailandelite.com/faqs?locate=en&popup=false

• Like 1