Covid 60 extension, IO Chaeng Watthana asking for flight ticket

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I suspect that seff55 went to MTT and not actually the nonthaburi immigration office

(MTT is also in nonthaburi)

I was sent to Thai Immigration (Temporary VISA Extension Center) Address: หมู่บ้าน เลขที่ T89/24 Popular Rd, Pak Kret District, Nonthaburi 11120, Thailand

Edited by seff55

Counter K at MTT for covid extension is as usual. No one is asked for ticket.

At CW, some are asked for tickets and some are not.

Yesterday I went there with a friend and she faced that ticket prob.

Tomorrow I will go again. Hope good luck for me and family.

28 minutes ago, may11 said:

Counter K at MTT for covid extension is as usual. No one is asked for ticket.

At CW, some are asked for tickets and some are not.

Yesterday I went there with a friend and she faced that ticket prob.

Tomorrow I will go again. Hope good luck for me and family.

When did she enter Thailand? With which visa?

On 11/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, BangkokReady said:

What a bizarre situation.

"Please can I apply for the covid extension because I cannot go home?"

"When is your flight home?"

????

But that's the whole point, Almost everybody can fly back home.

That you like it or don't want to do is not a valid reason i think.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:48 PM, sallecc said:

This is not good news... Many people were relying on Covid extensions... I haven't heard of any rejections in other places like Phuket so far...

News are they agents don't make Volunteer visa anymore, so ED is probably the only way left for many.

Phuket does not require (yet) a ticket for the Covid extension.

But they don't issue the Covid extension if people are on a (Dodgy) volunteer visa.

29 minutes ago, merijn said:

But that's the whole point, Almost everybody can fly back home.

That you like it or don't want to do is not a valid reason i think.

Phuket does not require (yet) a ticket for the Covid extension.

But they don't issue the Covid extension if people are on a (Dodgy) volunteer visa.

99percent of people are getting extensions with no problems whatsoever, it's only a handful of people seem to be getting asked for tickets. Let there be no panic. 

19 hours ago, lolalol said:

When did she enter Thailand? With which visa?

she entered as tourist visa (60days) and this is second time covid extension. Today they asked me too (2nd time covid ext) . I prepared tickets and solved. I saw the other IO asked TM30 and tickets too. Some are not asked but some are asked to show tickets. I dont know the IO's criteria. They extened the covid amnesty another 2 months today but the process is not very smooth as before.

14 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

99percent of people are getting extensions with no problems whatsoever, it's only a handful of people seem to be getting asked for tickets. Let there be no panic. 

Thats true. It's better you go earlier before last date. If they asked some documents you have time to prepare.

• Like 1

I'd like to report that I went to CW this morning to help out a friend obtain his first Covid extension. He was on Elite visa which would have expired early next week.

We arrived at 9am. the place was absolutely deserted. All the shops were closed downstairs except 7/11 which meant we couldn't make copies of his passport. Luckily the officer did it for us at immigration. Luckily my friend had photos...

We filled in all the documents, got queue no7 and were called in as we walked to the N1 counter. It took quite a while with the male officer, he was polite but clearly not so happy to work on a Saturday. He asked my friend to sign documents again with stamps he added, add phone number, ask his Elite card, file one more form we missed apparently. Anyway, took about 20 minutes with him. My friend paid 1,900B and then we were sent to the other desk nearby and got everything done and passport back in a few minutes.

He was not asked any questions nor flight back home thankfully. He provided a TM30 receipt from his hotel which the IO barely glanced at.

Took roughly 30 minutes and by the time we left, the place was still like a ghost town. If they keep opening on weekends, I recommend everyone to go then, much better.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

He was not asked any questions nor flight back home thankfully

Good news for your friend.

His situation slightly unusual regarding PE visa.

Hopefully some reports will be posted regarding covid extensions without nonsense requests from CW for outbound flight.

Perhaps CW immigration could be advised to read current disturbing reports regarding new strain from Africa and situation in Europe.

Perhaps then stop harassment of providing covid extensions. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

If they keep opening on weekends, I recommend everyone to go then, much better.

Today is the last day they will be open on Saturdays according to a post on their Facebook page in Thai. Rough translation of what it says.

"Immigration Bureau 1 will provide additional services for further stay On Saturday, November 27, 64 is the last Saturday. So let me know for you all."

https://www.facebook.com/Bangkok-Immigration-กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง-1-กรุงเทพฯ-107493450791480?_rdc=1&_rdr

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Today is the last day they will be open on Saturdays according to a post on their Facebook page in Thai. Rough translation of what it says.

"Immigration Bureau 1 will provide additional services for further stay On Saturday, November 27, 64 is the last Saturday. So let me know for you all."

https://www.facebook.com/Bangkok-Immigration-กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง-1-กรุงเทพฯ-107493450791480?_rdc=1&_rdr

Thank you for that piece of information. Too bad as it is quite convenient and not many people seemed to know about it, making the immigration trip much more pleasant.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Good news for your friend.

His situation slightly unusual regarding PE visa.

Hopefully some reports will be posted regarding covid extensions without nonsense requests from CW for outbound flight.

Perhaps CW immigration could be advised to read current disturbing reports regarding new strain from Africa and situation in Europe.

Perhaps then stop harassment of providing covid extensions. 

Yes, another amnesty would be nice. ????

On 11/19/2021 at 5:47 PM, moe666 said:

How long did people think this free ride was going to last, people have been coming and going from Thailand for sometime now. In the OP situations it is too bad she is from a country who doesn't care about it citizens but in the end not Thailands fault nor any other country.

Free ride? Im like 18k into extensions if not more. All in accordance with govt policy. I didnt need to transfer a <deleted> ton of money into the country either. I did however put some of that in crypto.

Where'the free part?

Granted that is about what flights and a hotel to penang, savannaket, or anywhere else would have run me, or even paying an agent for a visa, but it aint free.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

What is the current situation at Chaeng Wattana? Do they still require a return ticket?

Good question.

There were reports made last week.

I haven't seen many reports this week of covid extensions at CW or MTT for that matter.

I find it surprising. 

Hoping for reports that can provide current recon.

Edited by DrJack54